ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

Dartgod 01-19-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9333230)
welp. heh.

Yep. Now I can do something productive during the 2nd half.

DeezNutz 01-19-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9333208)
Might? I think FL might ultimately be a final 4 Team. Mizzou isn't in that class.

K-State, who is a fine but far from good team, knocked off Florida, so I'm not singing the latter's praises.

Pepe Silvia 01-19-2013 02:15 PM

Screw you guys for getting fancy on that possession.

ChiTown 01-19-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9333238)
K-State, who is a fine but far from good team, knocked off Florida, so I'm not singing the latter's praises.

That's an anomaly. They would beat K-State 80+% of the time. Mizzou and K-State are about the same level of Team.

DeezNutz 01-19-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9333249)
That's an anomaly. They would beat K-State 80+% of the time. Mizzou and K-State are about the same level of Team.

Fair enough. Nothing to argue with this statement.

OmahaChief 01-19-2013 02:25 PM

Losing Bowers and Dixon hurt but Haith just being a terrible coach overall is what really kills this team.

Mizzou_8541 01-19-2013 02:27 PM

Cut Phil Pressey. Just kidding. But seriously, this team sucks.

|Zach| 01-19-2013 02:27 PM

I wish Dixon wasn't an awful person.

DeezNutz 01-19-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9333263)
Losing Bowers and Dixon hurt but Haith just being a terrible coach overall is what really kills this team.

Mounting, convincing evidence for this.

OmahaChief 01-19-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9333269)
Mounting, convincing evidence for this.

It was pretty much proven at UM. I actually follow Miami as well so I watched a ton of their games and he was horrible. He actually had some talent there at least enough to beat the low level ACC teams he was getting run by. Nestor was the X and O guy last year which really helped cover up Haiths inability to coach. All he can do is recruit pretty well.

Pepe Silvia 01-19-2013 02:35 PM

Hate to say it but this really reallllllly reminds me of the Quin Snyder days. His teams hot dogged it just like this.

Stanley Nickels 01-19-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9327739)
The movement dies when they can't space the floor. They can't space the floor when Bowers isn't out there because frankly it was going to be Bowers and Dixon that created the space. When Haith lost his most creative scorer and now his 2nd most creative scorer...well what exactly is he supposed to do?

NWC has little in the way of talent or potential. He's too weak on the ball, his handles suck, his feet are slow. He's a less talented version of Matt Pressey. His struggles aren't on Haith unless you attribute them to the fact that Haith recruited and expected as much out of him as he has to begin with. Then again, Haith didn't expect NWC to play more than a supplemental role this season anyway. Dixon getting rapey really dicked up Haith's rotations.

Jankovic is a weapon on offense but he's not a low-post player. That's not his game and has never been his game. He's more of a Lyons/Bowers type player in that he's going to use his size to shoot over people and a surprisingly quick first step to beat them off the dribble. While he's tall, he's certainly not a thick kid; he's not going to bang in the post. He's a guy that's going to play a 'Euro' game (even though he's from Canada). He'll need time to develop the touch around the rim that Bowers has developed, but it took L-Bow 4 years to get there, why would we expect a Canadian Frosh to come pre-packaged with it?

And Ross is one of the top 3 long-range shooters on the team. His size/strength belies his shooting ability. His 35% shooting from 3 is more efficient than his 44% shooting from 2.

In short, I think virtually everything you've said in this post is wrong. Almost every single word of it.

Is there a single thing in this world that you're not an expert on? It's hard having a conversation with someone who thinks more of his opinion than anyone else's. I doubt I'll ever change your mind, but to address your points..

NWC is "a less-talented version of Matt Presey"? Are you ****ing kidding? Is that why scouts love his potential, despite his raw game, especially regarding his development as a slashing 1/2? He's having major growing pains, as I was very quick to point out, but his upside (according to numerous scouts, who rave about his handles and tenacity) is a less-skilled, slightly slower Tyreke Evans (and, I don't think "less-skilled, slighly slower" are really that damning when making a comparison to a guy like Evans).

I wasn't saying Jankovic is a post-player. I was concerned that he would be put into that position due to a lack of frontcourt depth. If anything, you're agreeing with my point. And I don't think Jankovic is much like Bowers at all, outside of physical characteristics. The "Euro" term has been insanely bastardized; "Euro-style game" is a commentary of the differences in team basketball styles, created as a direct comparison to the more star-oriented play of the NBA...now it seems to just be a catch-all for "tall, white guard". Even if you address the characteristics of a player in the Euro league, Jankovic doesn't fit the bill. He lacks lateral slashing ability, nor does he have the awareness to distribute when help D arrives.

My comments about Earnest Ross were at least partially as a result of posting while watching the game; I don't really feel that way, and the hyperbole was out of frustration. Picking a post apart in hindsight is convenient argument material, though.

I respect your opinions, and you're more than welcome to respond, but I'm not going to engage in this topic anymore, because I don't think you can be objective or respectful.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-19-2013 03:02 PM

Worst ass kicking since Arkansas in '93?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-19-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9333362)
Worst ass kicking since Arkansas in '93?

I know, right? They look like complete shit!

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-19-2013 03:09 PM

Missouri guards the player with the ball like he is a suicide bomber.

Stanley Nickels 01-19-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9333377)
Missouri guards the player with the ball like he is a suicide bomber.

I think Florida was afraid that the basketball would explode if it didn't go through the rim. They basically saved the entire state of Florida today, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

CoMoChief 01-19-2013 05:51 PM

That game didnt take long did it? Kinda went just how I thought it would.

MU is a VERY slow starting team...do that against a good team on the road and you're going to get ran out of the gym.

Prison Bitch 01-19-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9332864)
When I left for a much better job, part of the deal was that I would have different co-workers.

Too bad Mizzou left for a lateral. The new job has football quality which was less in Sagarin up till the Cotton Bowl at the end, and hoops is well behind.

To make matters worse, Mizzou also took a pay cut. Forbes reported this week the Big 12 payout was 26M while the SEC was only 19M. But for Mizzou you had to pay your old employer back 13M. So you walked away with a piddly 6M this year.

The final insult? You thought your new co-workers would like you. You heard so much about "harmony" and "cohesion" and "sharing." What a surprise it must've been when Alabama players were profanely mocking having to play in Columbia as they huddled pre-game. And Ole MIss calling you "Big 12 rejects". And the chants today in Florida. New co-workers are dicks!

1ChiefsDan 01-21-2013 03:29 PM

Jeff Gordon ‏@gordoszone
Not a super happy day for Frank Haith. His team craters in Florida, then comes word the NCAA wants to pin unethical conduct on him. Ouch.

LOL

Jerm 01-21-2013 03:33 PM

Wonder how quickly Haith is canned.....

siberian khatru 01-21-2013 03:34 PM

Nice due diligence, Alden.

siberian khatru 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ibly-this-week

siberian khatru 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's 2013 Mizzou basketball!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-p...y-Puri_268.gif

FloridaMan88 01-21-2013 03:51 PM

A special thank you to Mizzou for taking the epitomy of medicority that is Frank Haith off Miami's hands.

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9339381)
Nice due diligence, Alden.

We'll be hiring for two positions if Haith is canned. I see no reason why Alden, who essentially gambled for his job with the BB hire, wouldn't be shown the same door that Haith walks through.

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 03:54 PM

What else can you but laugh. Good lord.

kepp 01-21-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9339464)
We'll be hiring for two positions if Haith is canned. I see no reason why Alden, who essentially gambled for his job with the BB hire, wouldn't be shown the same door that Haith walks through.

If Alden goes, Pinkel will too if he doesn't have a much improved year. That's a lot of high-level positions to fill in one off season.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 04:00 PM

Missouri stays losing

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9339476)
If Alden goes, Pinkel will too if he doesn't have a much improved year. That's a lot of high-level positions to fill in one off season.

I agree. I think Pinkel was gone if next year didn't produce a bowl game, at the very least. That said, would you trust Alden to hire his replacement? I wouldn't.. Alden's track record of high-profile hirings is almost exclusively on the basketball front, and he has a less-than-stellar record of recognizing character in his hires.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9339465)
What else can you but laugh. Good lord.

LOL

DMAC 01-21-2013 04:06 PM

Haith was such a terrible hire. We all knew it, even last year when they were winning.

We knew this would happen. How did Alden not?

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9339422)
Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's 2013 Mizzou basketball!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-p...y-Puri_268.gif

I lol'd.

CoMoChief 01-21-2013 04:16 PM

Snyder over Bill Self

Holy shit the irony....and here we are 13 or so year later

DaKCMan AP 01-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9339453)
A special thank you to Mizzou for taking the epitomy of medicority that is Frank Haith off Miami's hands.

Miami never should have gotten rid of Leonard Hamilton.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 04:32 PM

I get that the show-cause penalty affects Haith wherever he goes, but how does it impact Missouri, other than it being an obvious black mark for recruiting? Are there any sanctions tied to it?

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2013 04:38 PM

It looks like if he does anything to cause him to get sanctions at MU the penalty will be much more severe than usual.

For the school I mean.

siberian khatru 01-21-2013 05:06 PM

@GaryParrishCBS
I just asked Jonathan Williams if his commitment to Mizzou will change if Frank Haith gets unethical conduct charge. “No comment,” he said.

sedated 01-21-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9339575)
I get that the show-cause penalty affects Haith wherever he goes, but how does it impact Missouri, other than it being an obvious black mark for recruiting? Are there any sanctions tied to it?

Im not sure I can recall a situation like this. On one hand, there's zero evidence or inclination that he has done anything at mizzou, so they shouldnt be punished. On the other, its not a great precedent for the NCAA to set by letting him walk away scott free just because he took another job while the investigation dragged on for 2 years at his old school - coaches would start jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And we arent talking secondary violations, this is enough to get a coach banned for multiple years.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9339807)
Im not sure I can recall a situation like this. On one hand, there's zero evidence or inclination that he has done anything at mizzou, so they shouldnt be punished. On the other, its not a great precedent for the NCAA to set by letting him walk away scott free just because he took another job while the investigation dragged on for 2 years at his old school - coaches would start jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And we arent talking secondary violations, this is enough to get a coach banned for multiple years.

You would think they could have wrapped this thing up a little faster than this.

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 06:42 PM

Anybody got the "haters gonna hate" gif with Frank Haith whistling and while walking?

stonedstooge 01-21-2013 06:46 PM

Must have lied to Alden when he was interviewed about the situation. So if true, he needs to go

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9339575)

Believe there might be some restrictions in terms of scholarships, no? I'd need to dig into the details about Sampson at Indiana, but I didn't think IU had a clean pass after they hired that piece of shit.

Honestly, Mizzou would almost have to be hit with something. Otherwise there's nothing to deter someone from crapping all over the rules and then picking up to relocate.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9339919)
Must have lied to Alden when he was interviewed about the situation. So if true, he needs to go

Pretty big assumption.

stonedstooge 01-21-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9339953)
Pretty big assumption.

The investigation was already in progress when he was hired wasn't it?

Pepe Silvia 01-21-2013 07:08 PM

I swear this school has the worst luck in the world.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9339958)

Yes but it is still a big assumption because of the hazy nature of NCAA rules and the way it conducts his business.

stonedstooge 01-21-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9339989)
Yes but it is still a big assumption because of the hazy nature of NCAA rules and the way it conducts his business.

Man, if there was any potential that things could turn out bad, you would think Alden would have run the other way.

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9339958)

I thought Alden vetted him through the NCAA and he was cleared. Could be wrong.

Captain Obvious 01-21-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9340026)
I thought Alden vetted him through the NCAA and he was cleared. Could be wrong.

Pretty sure you are right about that.

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 9340032)
Pretty sure you are right about that.

So then Mizzou should be clear if he did his due diligence, correct? I don't pretend to know anything about the legal side, but what else can Alden do if the NCAA says he's good to go?

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 08:01 PM

I don't think I'm giving away any insider info, so here's some info from Gabe DeArmond:

Some further info on Haith
have talked to some people familiar with the PROCESS. This is not specifically about Haith, but here is what I've gathered:

The initial notice will not include a show cause or a recommended penalty. The notice will be ONLY about the allegations. A show cause may be a possible (even probable) consequence of the allegations that are made, but there will be no show cause put on Haith this week.

That would not happen until the appearance in front of the Committee on INfractions in mid-June.

THEREFORE, Missouri pretty much would HAVE to wait until at least mid-June before making any sort of a decision. I mean, you can't very well fire a guy who's been here two years with his record because MAYBE he's going to be in trouble.

Even after that hearing, the actual decision from the COI won't be until probably October. That would be the first time Missouri is likely to know FOR SURE that Haith would operate under a show cause. Therefore, barring Haith simply walking away or Missouri negotiating a buyout, I think that's the first time they can realistically make a decision on anything.

Further, IF a show cause is put on Haith, Mizzou would have to appear in front of the COI to convince them they should keep him. This is true even though Missouri hired Haith when there were no allegations (and in fact, after vetting him with the NCAA and being given a clean bill on him).

Mike Alden carries scars from the Quin Snyder era. He does NOT want the NCAA messing with his basketball program. I know this. Gonna be real interesting to see what goes down.

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 08:16 PM

This is, in true Missouri fashion, a goddamn cluster****.

Missouri apparently had communicated multiple times with the NCAA to ensure that there would be no charges forthcoming WRT hiring Haith. So, with what we now know, can we expect sanctions even after doing due diligence? I'm almost certain there wouldn't be any written record of the NCAA's responses to MU, so we'd really have our hands tied if we chose to appeal.

On the other hand, what can the NCAA do? Do you set a terrible precedent and not punish an offending coach, simply because he moved to a new school since the improprieties occurred? That would set a dangerous precedent --though I expect NOTHING from the NCAA; they seem to adjust their "official rules" at-will.

Are notices of infractions sufficient evidence to have cause to fire Haith? I wouldn't think so, and MU would be left to foot the bill of his buyout (which probably isn't too much, given the low profile of his hiring). If Haith IS bought out, could Mizzou sue if he's found guilty of the violations?

Does Alden get the boot? I'd say he absolutely should, but I could see the logic (however much I disagree with it) behind a board of curators wanting a steady presence at AD during the transition into a new conference

So, in closing: **** you, NCAA. Possibly **** you, Haith. And **** you Pinkel. Yeah.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:22 PM

M-I-Z!

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340178)
M-I-Z!

1-11!

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9340212)
1-11!

Awwww cute

A hapless fan...

I believe you are looking for the KU football thread.

This is the Mizzou Basketball thread...right?

SEC! SEC! SEC?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 08:49 PM

The NCAA is an organization of unimaginable hypocrisy. What they should do as opposed to what they will do further analyzed against their bylaws never yields a singular answer.

Combine that with an AD who makes mediocre decisions at best, and horrific ones at worst and you have the perfect combination for a Mongolian cluster****.

Reconcile that against Mizzou's Law: If it involves Missouri, the worst will always happen.

mnchiefsguy 01-21-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340241)
Awwww cute

A hapless fan...

I believe you are looking for the KU football thread.

This is the Mizzou Basketball thread...right?

SEC! SEC! SEC?

Then why are you here, other than to troll?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9340293)

Are you kidding...?

This stuff is getting interesting here for a change...

Stanley Nickels 01-21-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9340270)
a Mongolian cluster****

Fun unrelated fact: 1 in 200 men are directly related to Genghis Khan

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...bfx1o1_400.gif

mnchiefsguy 01-21-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340299)
Are you kidding...?

This stuff is getting interesting here for a change...

And all you do is troll...you contribute nothing to the conversation. You are as bad as CoMo in this thread.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9340314)
And all you do is troll...you contribute nothing to the conversation. You are as bad as CoMo in this thread.

Chin up!

Al Bundy 01-21-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9340314)

KU fans don't care about MU.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9340329)

I have said this before in this thread...

I, for one, DO care...so that really doesn't work with me. Wish we would play you guys every week...

Try again.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340336)
Try again.

If anyone knows about trying too hard...

FloridaMan88 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9339537)
Miami never should have gotten rid of Leonard Hamilton.

Michael Jordan convinced him to leave for Washington.

I wish he had never left... set UM's program back a decade with the likes of Perry Clark and Frank Haith.

Prison Bitch 01-21-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340336)
I have said this before in this thread...

I, for one, DO care...so that really doesn't work with me. Wish we would play you guys every week...

Try again.

I've never understood this pre-emptive line they take. It's so odd. Of course we care. It's like saying we don't care about the Raiders just because they suck. Of course we care about the Raiders and of course they suck - they're not mutually exclusive.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

SoCalBronco 01-21-2013 09:57 PM

Looks like Haith may get a show cause...along with Mortonand Fernandez. I'm glad that slime all Clint Hurtt is going down. Looks like Donna and Mike Glazier have sufficiently insulated the football team from further significant punishment. There will be some scholies but I've heard it won't be too bad. Looks like FTM charge instead of LOIC which is GREAT.

Cooperation and self imposition are a big deal.

ImAWalkingCorpse 01-22-2013 07:21 AM

So... let me get this straight. It can't be proved that Haith did anything wrong BUT the NCAA doesn't believe it? Yeah.. they aren't crooked.

ImAWalkingCorpse 01-22-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9340293)

He is here ONLY to troll.

CoMoChief 01-22-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9340329)

I really don't understand this comment at all....or who even started it.

OmahaChief 01-22-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 9340482)
Looks like Haith may get a show cause...along with Mortonand Fernandez. I'm glad that slime all Clint Hurtt is going down. Looks like Donna and Mike Glazier have sufficiently insulated the football team from further significant punishment. There will be some scholies but I've heard it won't be too bad. Looks like FTM charge instead of LOIC which is GREAT.

Cooperation and self imposition are a big deal.

That is exactly what I have heard form some buddies connected to the program. They think the NCAA is coming hard after Hurtt and that the 2 bowls they choose not to go to and the ACC Champ game this year should mitigate any bowl bans. The expectation is 15 schollys over 3 years for the football team.

Mizzou_8541 01-22-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9340850)
That is exactly what I have heard form some buddies connected to the program. They think the NCAA is coming hard after Hurtt and that the 2 bowls they choose not to go to and the ACC Champ game this year should mitigate any bowl bans. The expectation is 15 schollys over 3 years for the football team.

So that leaves them with roughly 10 scholarships each year? Wow, that is brutal.

SoCalBronco 01-22-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 9340856)
So that leaves them with roughly 10 scholarships each year? Wow, that is brutal.

No 15 over 3....ie a loss of 5 per year so they can have up to 20 a year and a roster of 80 a year instead of 85

Mizzou_8541 01-22-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 9340911)
No 15 over 3....ie a loss of 5 per year so they can have up to 20 a year and a roster of 80 a year instead of 85

Ah, got it. Reading comprehension fail.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9340794)
So... let me get this straight. It can't be proved that Haith did anything wrong BUT the NCAA doesn't believe it? Yeah.. they aren't crooked.

MU is basically arguing now: "We vetted him. If anything comes out we didn't have a legit way to know of, we can't be held liable."

Of course, these were the same fans who argued the exact opposite on the Arthur case in 2008. Didn't matter the NCAA certified Arthur. Didn't matter that KU used the standard procedures with the league to enroll him. Nope. If ku does it, then it's just cheating. (Ignoring that ku did nothing in te Arthur case to even begin with)

kepp 01-22-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9341064)
MU is basically arguing now: "We vetted him. If anything comes out we didn't have a legit way to know of, we can't be held liable."

Of course, these were the same fans who argued the exact opposite on the Arthur case in 2008. Didn't matter the NCAA certified Arthur. Didn't matter that KU used the standard procedures with the league to enroll him. Nope. If ku does it, then it's just cheating. (Ignoring that ku did nothing in te Arthur case to even begin with)

I can understand both sides of this. It sucks that he was vetted through the NCAA and then improprieties were uncovered. But they just can't let him go unpunished, and the only way to punish will also hurt his current school. For me the bottom line is, if he gets a show-cause, MU has to show him the door.

ImAWalkingCorpse 01-22-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9341064)

I don't know about the Arthur case, but does the NCAA actually have the facts to back this all up. Also, heard that the lead investigator on this NCAA Miami matter was fired.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9341120)
I can understand both sides of this. It sucks that he was vetted through the NCAA and then improprieties were uncovered. But they just can't let him go unpunished, and the only way to punish will also hurt his current school. For me the bottom line is, if he gets a show-cause, MU has to show him the door.

The NCAA couldn't exactly certify Arthur and then punish KU for relying on their certification. That one never had a chance.

In this case, Haith and Miami actually may have committed violations. Mizzou is out free if Haith is determined to have done what he's charged with, assuming they terminate him. If Haith is not deemed then Mizzou is fine and can keep him. In neither case does Mizzou get in trouble to my knowledge , only question is for Haith. Seems the NCAA is acting rationally in all instances here.

BourbonMan 01-22-2013 03:50 PM

Will this be the winter of Missouri discontent?
MU basketball coach Frank Haith is expected to be charged with unethical conduct and failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance while he worked at the University of Miami, according to a report by CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
If that happens, a multiple-year show cause penalty could result. A show-cause typically renders a coach unemployable in the college ranks. Former Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl and Indiana basketball coach Kelvin Sampson were hit with multi-year show-cause penalties.
But time and location would create unique circumstances in Haith’s case.
He’s no longer at the school where the trouble originated, and when Missouri hired him in April 2011, athletic director Mike Alden had checked with the NCAA for past discretions and was given a green light.
The Miami scandal, which focused on gifts provided by jailed booster Nevin Shapiro, was uncovered in reporting by Yahoo! Sports after Haith had moved to Missouri.
Does that mean Missouri could pay for the alleged misdeeds at another school?
If Haith remains the coach and is tagged with a show-cause order, it’s likely he would be prohibited from recruiting. This gets to the purpose of the penalty — to crack down on the rules violator.
Too often, coaches have skated away from trouble by jumping to another job, leaving the departed school to suffer the consequences of probation.
Haith’s case would be different in another way: Previous show-cause penalties were applied after the coach was fired or resigned with the idea that it would make it difficult for a school to hire someone like Pearl, Sampson or former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel. Employ a coach with a show-cause order and you get his personal sanctions.
It probably would be up to Missouri to decide if it wants to keep Haith.
According to a source familiar with the investigation who is not authorized to speak publically, Missouri would be an observer during any hearing for Haith.
If the unethical conduct charges stick, and Missouri wanted to keep Haith, the school likely would have to explain that decision to the NCAA — why it wants to employ a coach with such a charge — and live with the handcuffs applied to Haith.
The school also would have the option to terminate Haith based on language in his contract.
This is something of uncharted waters, the source said.
But there are many steps to take in the process. Haith hasn’t received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. In the Pearl case, the notice arrived on Feb. 23, 2011. The Vols reached the NCAA Tournament and lost in its first game. On March 21, Pearl was officially out as coach and Pearl received a three-year show-cause penalty from the NCAA in August.
Whatever the timeline in Missouri’s case, the story will remain part of the program’s narrative until it’s resolved. The Tigers take a No. 22 national ranking in both polls into tonight’s home game against South Carolina, and have hopes of competing at the top in their first season in the Southeastern Conference.
But Haith’s situation will hang over the team for the rest of a season that started with promise.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/22...#storylink=cpy

CoMoChief 01-22-2013 04:40 PM

Man that would be nuts if all of this lead to MU firing Haith....ironically the best thing to happen to MU bball in a decade after many people originally thought the hire was stupid. I really doubt anything comes of this. They've had what over a year now? They would have done something by now I would think.