ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New York Post NFL writer on Clark - "Didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267365)

Chief Roundup 12-05-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182741)
he turned that silver spoon into a gold & platinum spoon with diamonds on it

It is hard to argue about Jerry Jones accomplishments. He has a lot of things you want in an owner. He gets out in front of the fans. He is very charismatic. But he would be a more successful owner if he would stop "dabbling" with the team.

GoChargers 12-05-2012 01:31 PM

He probably got his diploma from EdConnect.com.

bobinkc 12-05-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9182766)
It is hard to argue about Jerry Jones accomplishments. He has a lot of things you want in an owner. He gets out in front of the fans. He is very charismatic. But he would be a more successful owner if he would stop "dabbling" with the team.

I just want an owner that you knows cares about winning....we don't have it with the Chiefs or Royals but...surprise...we have it with SportingKC and they win. I'm so tired of feeling like we as fans want to win worse than the owners of our major teams. Give me Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban...at least I know they care and want to win.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182760)
Wouldn't matter.

Even if you actually had a diploma, and cared enough to prove it with a picture of said diploma hanging on the wall, I would not believe it was yours.

You're a ****ing idiot.

There's no way in hell you have the intelligence to graduate from pre-school, much less high school, then college.

well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is gonna be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at ****ing everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9182774)
I just want an owner that you knows cares about winning....we don't have it with the Chiefs or Royals but...surprise...we have it with SportingKC and they win. I'm so tired of feeling like we as fans want to win worse than the owners of our major teams. Give me Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban...at least I know they care and want to win.

EXACTLY. Thank you Bob

milkman 12-05-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9182774)

I'd take Mark Cuban in a heart beat.

The guy has a passion for winning, but he is also aware of his limitations as an evaluator, so hires basketball people to assemble the talent.

But Jerry Jones is not the kind of owner I want.

He has a passion for winning, but is a terrible football man who won't get out of his own way.

58-4ever 12-05-2012 01:39 PM

People with Southern accents don't come across to Yankees as intelligent? Shocking!

milkman 12-05-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182788)
well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is gonna be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at ****ing everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

Scared?

Where the hell did your dumb ass come up with that?

I laugh at and mock your dumb ass.

htismaqe 12-05-2012 01:41 PM

It's hilarious to see the talk about Jerry Jones.

Cowboy fans HATE him.

Failure is failure, whether hands on or hands off.

ChiTown 12-05-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'm a Gen X'r, and you're welcome

bobinkc 12-05-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9182800)

Cowboy fans HATE him.

Give them Hunt or Glass for a few years...they will be begging for Jerry back.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182799)
Scared?

Of course remember he is the dumb ass who thinks Hunt should have went to UMKC instead of SMU.

Not to mention he should have played football over soccer. Since clearly Hunt is built to play football.
http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/20...-121204-a4.jpg

Or that running the football team should be the top of the list instead of the other Hunt owned business which are more important than the Chiefs in the scheme of things.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182799)
Scared?

ok sounds good. good talk. cya out there.

Chief Roundup 12-05-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9182792)
I'd take Mark Cuban in a heart beat.

The guy has a passion for winning, but he is also aware of his limitations as an evaluator, so hires basketball people to assemble the talent.

But Jerry Jones is not the kind of owner I want.

He has a passion for winning, but is a terrible football man who won't get out of his own way.

This

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182818)

I like to see things like this. thanks for posting it.

It still doesnt change the fact that if Clark truly had a passion for football or the chiefs he wouldn't of went to southern millionaires university for 7 years or went and got a financial job after college for 10 years.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182840)

It still doesnt change the fact that if Clark truly had a passion for football or the chiefs he wouldn't of went to southern millionaires university for 7 years or went and got a financial job after college for 10 years.

You truly are an idiot for thinking that.

ChiTown 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

:spock:

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182846)
You truly are an idiot for thinking that.

if someone has a true passion for something, they dont go do the exact opposite for 10 years do they?

PunkinDrublic 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

After listening to this guy defend what he said on 610 I wasn't too impressed with this writers intelligence. He was given a softball interview and he still stammered his way through it.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182851)
if someone has a true passion for something, they dont go do the exact opposite for 10 years do they?

You mean he went out and learned more about other businesses the family is involved in as well. That he has to run as well. Chiefs are just part of the puzzle. They have a venture capital company, real estate company, other sports franchises, and other businesses. But just keep thinking its all about football.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182867)
You mean he went out and learned more about other businesses the family is involved in as well. That he has to run as well. Chiefs are just part of the puzzle. They have a venture capital company, real estate company, other sports franchises, and other businesses. But just keep thinking its all about football.

I bet if it was all about football we wouldn't be 2 & 10 right now.

Pioli will be here next year because Clark cares about business more than the Chiefs. Quinn will start for us, we'll draft some bullshit with our first pick. Landry jones with our second to back quinn up and we'll continue to be one big LOL

T-post Tom 12-05-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9180177)
I know that movie!

Nick Rivers: Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.

Hillary Flammond: I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.

[Long pause. Both look at camera]

unlurking 12-05-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182883)

Pioli will be here next year because Clark cares about business more than the Chiefs. Quinn will start for us, we'll draft some bullshit with our first pick. Landry jones with our second to back quinn up and we'll continue to be one big LOL

Out of curiosity, how many owners have no other businesses besides their football teams?

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182883)

Right. Because never in the history of the league has an owner that's involved on a day to day basis not had continual success.

The fans would like to give a special thanks Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Mike Brown, Dean Spanos and Woody Johnson for their daily involvement.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9183001)
Right. Because never in the history of the league has an owner that's involved on a day to day basis not had continual success.

The fans would like to give a special thanks Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Mike Brown, Dean Spanos and Woody Johnson for their daily involvement.

all those owners see the value of a qb

Mr. Flopnuts 12-05-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9180993)
You still aren't making sense. You seem to think you can predict the political affiliation based on somebody's opinion of how kids born with silver-spoons in their mouths turn out. It's just not true Mr. Flopnuts. Go no further that the contry club and you'll find a house divided between those who worked their way into the club and those who got in on daddy's family membership (and daddy died 15 years ago).

So I don't begrudge Lamar for making well for his family, not at all. I'm still thinking the smartest thing he did was give his family business where you can fail epically and the profits still increase substantially year after year.

It's all good..

I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE!!! GOSH!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-05-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9180103)
Well if he retains Pioli and Crennel for next year I think we will have all the proof we need.

The Bottom Line.

saphojunkie 12-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9183000)
Out of curiosity, how many owners have no other businesses besides their football teams?

None of them.

munkey 12-05-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181051)
1. Playing soccer his whole life shows that he never had a deep passion for football. which means he really does not have a deep down passion for the chiefs.
2. Youre missing the biggest part of the equation. Your daddy didnt own the Chiefs.
3. I somewhat agree with this but the fact is is that he had someone of a passion for this team and really truly wanted to win, he would not hire someone and sit back and not be involved. He would be at the very least a some what involved owner, which to the community's eyes, he is not.

Lamar loved soccer you ****ing assclown...Clark didn't start it...if anything he's been working on keeping it alive...go kill yourself...

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9183134)
all those owners see the value of a qb

LMAO

Cephalic Trauma 12-05-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

If news came out that big nasty kc nut and LAchiefsfan had a love child, I know who I'll be looking toward

WhiteWhale 12-05-2012 06:11 PM

This does more to expose the writer than Hunt.

Hunt may not be the 'wittiest' guy around. He may not be the savviest guy around. To claim he isn't sharp or is somehow stupid.. by a guy who's a ****ing SPORTS JOURNALIST... which is damn near the most lowly profession in the world?

As Chad Johnson would say... 'Child Please'

WhiteWhale 12-05-2012 06:16 PM

Clark is like five foot two.

Are people REALLY surprised he played soccer over football?

If so, are you a functional reerun? I mean can you feed yourself?

GoChargers 12-05-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9183001)

Dean Spanos doesn't give two craps about the Chargers until his hand is forced.

BossChief 12-05-2012 07:00 PM

I believe in Clark Hunt.

People can say he is football stupid all they want, the moment he took over he did what most of us message board guys wanted this team to do...tear it down and build it back up through the draft.

He fired Peterson and went out and got a premier GM (as perceived at the time) to replace him and publicly said he wanted us to draft and develop our own franchise quarterback. Clark has also argued with Pioli on many topics regarding this team (as Pioli said during his Dawson interview.)

It's also been reported that we are one of the highest cash spending teams in the league, so he has written the checks.

Now, if he doesn't tear it down again and hire the right guy this time around, we have something to worry about.

NJChiefsFan 12-05-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182317)
Jerry Jones > Chunt

Cowboys roster > Chiefs roster

Jerry Jones life achievements > Clarks

3 superbowls > 1 in 60 years

Cowboys franchise > chiefs franchise

Jerry Jones sh#ts on Clark in every aspect.

At least Jerry cares about his team and is involved in every process AND has a deep passion for the game of football. Clark just sits back, lives in dallas, watches away games on tv, and makes sure the chiefs are profitable, which every team in the league is. clarks a joke. he has not accomplished anything of actual significance in his life.

1 in 60 years. Yet again that is on Lamar not Clark. Being involved in every process is not a good thing. Ask Cowboy fans about that. Pretty sure Clark doesn't watch road games on television. Jones has been doing this for a lot longer then Clark, lets act surprised that he has achieved more.

Clark went out and got the best GM he could. Not sure what else a normal person expects from him.

NJChiefsFan 12-05-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182701)
I wasn't book smart. I worked my ass off working part time all through college to graduate in 4 and a half years with a good enough gpa to get a solid paying job right out of college. something clark knows nothing about.

Hard to believe. I love how it's a shot at someone personally if they grew up in wealth. Is it Clark's fault his dad was loaded? Does that mean he can't have work ethic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182851)

What an epic logic fail this is. The idea that you can't be good at something if it isn't your number 1 passion. You don't want an owner making personnel decisions. Hire a GM and trust him.

Go talk to Cowboys fans. See how much they "love" that Jones is their GM. He won when he let Jimmy do his thing. Now that Jerry is the whole show they can't get out of their own way.

Go read what Jerry said about himself. He literally admitted he would fire the GM for his performance IF the GM wasn't himself. Do you know how much Cowboy fans hate him for that right now? "Hey our GM sucks but since I am the GM I am not going to change it." Yeah sounds like a guy who cares more about winning then having fun with his toy.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9182646)
All Hunt needs to do is get lucky and find that great talent evaluator and coach and we know he will get out of the way and let it roll, much like Bob Kraft has done in New England. And then everyone will be talking about what a great owner he is. Of course the trick is he still has to hire the right guy...

Agreed, but I think we should end it with AMEN because that seems more like a prayer than a reality.

Easy 6 12-05-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is going to be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at ****ing everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

!ROFL!

... wait, thats not funny AT ALL... why, its actually a damned scary thought.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9182673)
Jerruh Jones kept Norv Turner employed for years and is the reason he still gets coaching jobs almost 20 years later.

Advantage: Hunt

LOL, Hunt's a key component of SD's continued chances of winning this division in years to come (but not this year)! You need him to keep owning this team!

Marcellus 12-05-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9183584)
Hard to believe. I love how it's a shot at someone personally if they grew up in wealth. Is it Clark's fault his dad was loaded? Does that mean he can't have work ethic?

People are jealous of anyone born into wealth, so they want to say they didn't "earn" their $ so they have to be dumb and lazy because they didn't work for it.

**** I would love to have been born into wealth but I am not going to judge a guy who appears to have done nothing but work his whole life.

If Clark had wanted to he could be doing jack and shit, instead he works for a living. His involvement at the front of the CBA negotiations wasn't mandatory. If the other owners thought he was dumb I doubt they would have been too keen on that.

31 billionaires > in knowledge than CP or a NYP sports writer.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9182766)

Well said... He does get in his own way at times, but alas he has the hardware we'd all love to see in our trophy case again some day.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183624)
Well said... He does get in his own way at times, but alas he has the hardware we'd all love to see in our trophy case again some day.

All of his hardware was earned by Jimmy Johnson (including the 1 Switzer won) and a trade that can not be repeated and a team built mostly pre FA.

Since then they have won 1 more playoff game than KC.

If you don't get how JJ got his trophies and why he hasn't had another since the last one, you don't get it.

But keep on chirpin.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9182800)

Cowboy fans HATE him.

Yeah, three SB trophies later, and they're feeling our pain! LOL! Admittedly it's been a dry spell by Dallas standards, but the once-every-60+-years plan we're on gives a deeper understanding of franchise failure.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183639)
Yeah, three SB trophies later, and they're feeling our pain! LOL! Admittedly it's been a dry spell by Dallas standards, but the once-every-60+-years plan we're on gives a deeper understanding of franchise failure.

Aside from hiring Jimmy Johnson what did Jerry do to earn 3 SB trophies? Why have they won 1 playoff game since?

Easy 6 12-05-2012 07:45 PM

I definitely stand behind Clark, he took a helluva swing at it his first time out.

It didnt pan out, but you cant knock the effort.

Never want him to sell, i feel we'd lose so much history, a large chunk of the teams "soul", if you will.

He's a very personable, low key guy who doesnt have that rich c**t air about him at all, even though he could... i DO admire that so.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9183141)
I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE!!! GOSH!!!

WELL I HAD THREE GD RED BULLS YESTERDAY AFTERNOON! GD CISCO!!!!

Sorry!

Ace Gunner 12-05-2012 07:50 PM

how can you ****ers cheer for a guy like clark hunt? that idiot has your wife's football IQ. maybe even less.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9183000)

I suppose some are holding down paper routes too. Especially those owners in small market towns. Who can live on $30M a year these days?!

NJChiefsFan 12-05-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9183671)
how can you ****ers cheer for a guy like clark hunt? that idiot has your wife's football IQ. maybe even less.

How much do you think Robert Kraft's football IQ matters to the Patriots?

Marcellus 12-05-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9183681)

Or how much Jerry Jone's self perceived football knowledge is killing the Cowboys.

They were good when he stayed out of it.

RNR 12-05-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183686)
Or how much Jerry Jone's self perceived football knowledge is killing the Cowboys.

They were good when he stayed out of it.

They were good right after the Walker trade while JJ was there with more picks than anyone could **** up. Read the Great Train Robbery. Heck they were so stacked boot leg Barry won a title with that team~

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9183700)
They were good right after the Walker trade while JJ was there with more picks than anyone could **** up. Read the Great Train Robbery. Heck they were so stacked boot leg Barry won a title with that team~

That trade was all Jimmy Johnson. As soon as he left and Jerry had to try to hold it together after FA hit they went to shit.

Switzer won with talent Johnson put together. Jerry had nothing to do with building that team other than hiring Jimmy.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183637)
All of his hardware was earned by Jimmy Johnson (including the 1 Switzer won) and a trade that can not be repeated and a team built mostly pre FA.

Since then they have won 1 more playoff game than KC.

If you don't get how JJ got his trophies and why he hasn't had another since the last one, you don't get it.

But keep on chirpin.

So no owner has ever won a SB, it's always their HC? LOL, funny how your dislike for the man excludes him from being part of the win... And if you don't like the HC, will you then say the winning of the trophy starts one more layer down with the OC, DC, assistant coaches maybe a player or two? And, finally, if you just hate the whole team, none of them actually won the trophy, it was the stellar water boy and cheer leaders?

Starting that meth habit is taking its toll dude!

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183646)
Aside from hiring Jimmy Johnson what did Jerry do to earn 3 SB trophies? Why have they won 1 playoff game since?

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183714)
So no owner has ever won a SB, it's always their HC? LOL, funny how your dislike for the man excludes him from being part of the win... And if you don't like the HC, will you then say the winning of the trophy starts one more layer down with the OC, DC, assistant coaches maybe a player or two? And, finally, if you just hate the whole team, none of them actually won the trophy, it was the stellar water boy and cheer leaders?

Starting that meth habit is taking its toll dude!

JFC dude that's a stretch. How hard is it to understand Jimmy Johnson built that team and the evidence shows Jerry can't replicate Jimmy's success in the last 16 years? The evidence is right in front of you all you have to do is look at whats happened.

Do you think Kraft has more to do with NE success than BB?

I would say your logic is flawed but you have yet to ever post anything with any type of logic that I have ever read, usually its just a bunch of shit spewed out by your twisted opinion.

RNR 12-05-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183710)
That trade was all Jimmy Johnson. As soon as he left and Jerry had to try to hold it together after FA hit they went to shit.

Switzer won with talent Johnson put together. Jerry had nothing to do with building that team other than hiring Jimmy.

Uh...that...was the point of my post :spock:

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9183740)
Uh...that...was the point of my post :spock:

No problem. Somebody doesn't understand that.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9183681)

Yeah, those owner guys, they're useless parts of the team... You can't be serious! If you mean they don't make tackles, well that's correct, but it's like your saying when a homeowner has a house custom-built, the homeowner has little to do with the end result. Sure there are plenty of people between the homeowner and the roofer, but to suggest the homeowner amounts to nothing seems a bit disingenuous at best. Now the way they make a difference in the team is different than the GM, HC or QB, but they sure as hell should make a difference.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183721)

You do realize that doesn't answer the question nor does it explain why Jerry is a better owner than Clark right?

As I said he hired Jimmy Johnson who built the team won the trophies and left. Jerry has done jack shit since.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183748)
Yeah, those owner guys, they're useless parts of the team... You can't be serious! If you mean they don't make tackles, well that's correct, but it's like your saying when a homeowner has a house custom-built, the homeowner has little to do with the end result. Sure there are plenty of people between the homeowner and the roofer, but to suggest the homeowner amounts to nothing seems a bit disingenuous at best. Now the way they make a difference in the team is different than the GM, HC or QB, but they sure as hell should make a difference.

So how mnay SB's do you have to win in what recent time period to be a "good" owner.

Your criteria, your opinion, what is it?

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183733)
JFC dude that's a stretch. How hard is it to understand Jimmy Johnson built that team and the evidence shows Jerry can't replicate Jimmy's success in the last 16 years? The evidence is right in front of you all you have to do is look at whats happened.

Do you think Kraft has more to do with NE success than BB?

I would say your logic is flawed but you have yet to ever post anything with any type of logic that I have ever read, usually its just a bunch of shit spewed out by your twisted opinion.

I've said he can't get out of his own way. As far as twisted logic, whatever! Is that all you've got? You can keep up the patty-cake love affair with the Hunts, I'm going to keep pressure on them to adopt something close to the "Kraft way." Perhaps the owner doesn't need to live in front of the camera, but he'll let the coaches and players know they will produce on the field or they will be off the team. And here's the part people forget, after that, somehow is suspect Kraft reminds them that if a SB is what they want more than anything else in the world (within reason), if they'll commit their heart body and soul to the coach and the process, he can almost guarantee they'll stand a good chance at winning that SB. That may not be a direct quote, it may not even need to be said at this point, but I think they're players know that all they have to is dedicate their life to the team and the goal, and they might reach the goal. I think the locker room takes over from there...

SAUTO 12-05-2012 08:31 PM

Dude...

What makes you think kraft is the one that the players do that for? Belichek is the one who cuts them if they don't give it their all. Not Kraft
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183752)
You do realize that doesn't answer the question nor does it explain why Jerry is a better owner than Clark right?

As I said he hired Jimmy Johnson who built the team won the trophies and left. Jerry has done jack shit since.

Ummmm, Jerry has three of something that the the Hunt family hasn't had since 1969! That's the only answer that's needed.

But I still like how you selectively pick owners that are responsible for multiple SB wins and those who have those multiple wins, but had nothing to do with it. Talk about twisted. It's like the difference between 43 years and 16 years is like, nothing... OK...

We get it, you don't like Jerry, he's the devil to you!

wazu 12-05-2012 08:36 PM

I still believe Clark Hunt is a smart dude who will turn out to be a great owner. This opinion will take a very big "hit" if he keeps Pioli after this season, but for now it stands.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 08:36 PM

all u turds will be hatin' chunt once pioli resigns quinn to be our starter next year and drafts some tweedledick project qb to be 3rd string. dlineman with our first pick. chunt will be like Ya great job scott lemme get back to all the other businesses I dont give 100% effort to

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183754)
So how mnay SB's do you have to win in what recent time period to be a "good" owner.

Your criteria, your opinion, what is it?

Looking at the math... In a league of 32 teams, each with 16 teams, I'd say you should be competing for the trophy once every 16 years or so.

So why do you think Kraft is so successful? He just got lucky with a HC? I'll admit he did, but it might not have just been luck, let's not forget that many people questioned that at the time. He hired a competent HC and gave him more control over final decisions than the GM (Pioli!).. Maybe he just got lucky, maybe he's just plain smart, maybe both...

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9183792)
Dude...

What makes you think kraft is the one that the players do that for? Belichek is the one who cuts them if they don't give it their all. Not Kraft
Posted via Mobile Device

God you're dumb!

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9183799)
I still believe Clark Hunt is a smart dude who will turn out to be a great owner. This opinion will take a very big "hit" if he keeps Pioli after this season, but for now it stands.

I hope you're right.. He needs to cram before this final exam.. Not to worry, Daddy built a wing on the facility so he's good, he'll pass...

Easy 6 12-05-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9183623)
People are jealous of anyone born into wealth, so they want to say they didn't "earn" their $ so they have to be dumb and lazy because they didn't work for it.

**** I would love to have been born into wealth but I am not going to judge a guy who appears to have done nothing but work his whole life.

If Clark had wanted to he could be doing jack and shit, instead he works for a living. His involvement at the front of the CBA negotiations wasn't mandatory. If the other owners thought he was dumb I doubt they would have been too keen on that.

31 billionaires > in knowledge than CP or a NYP sports writer.

this, This, THIS

He doesnt HAVE to do jack, he could've sold the team to some joke owner and spent his life snorting coke off the finest women in the worlds asses, soaking up the Riviera sun year round on his mega-yacht.

But he didnt, he chose to work like a man, he chose to do his best for our downtrodden team.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9183835)
this, This, THIS

He doesnt HAVE to do jack, he could've sold the team to some joke owner and spent his life snorting coke off the finest women in the worlds asses, soaking up the Riviera sun year round on his mega-yacht.

But he didnt, he chose to work like a man, he chose to do his best for our downtrodden team.

This.

And he's gonna get rid of the Patriotards, no doubt in my mind.

And then everyone here needs to get on their knees.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9183835)
this, This, THIS

Well, if I had a golden egg that shit $30M every year NO MATTER WHAT, I'm not so sure I wouldn't keep it around just in case my other ventures didn't work out so well. I'm sure if you offer him $1B clean, you might find him interested in taking you to dinner...

I guess I'm admitting he's not not so dumb as to give up the golden goose...

milkman 12-05-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183814)
Looking at the math... In a league of 32 teams, each with 16 teams, I'd say you should be competing for the trophy once every 16 years or so.

So why do you think Kraft is so successful? He just got lucky with a HC? I'll admit he did, but it might not have just been luck, let's not forget that many people questioned that at the time. He hired a competent HC and gave him more control over final decisions than the GM (Pioli!).. Maybe he just got lucky, maybe he's just plain smart, maybe both...

Scott Pioli wasn't the GM of the Patriots, you dumb****.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Kraft got lucky as shit with Tom Brady. End of the story.

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9183839)
This.

And he's gonna get rid of the Patriotards, no doubt in my mind.

And then everyone here needs to get on their knees.

I hope you're right...

GloryDayz 12-05-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9183847)
Kraft got lucky as shit with Tom Brady. End of the story.

That too...

NJChiefsFan 12-05-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183748)

Read what my post was in response to. There are clearly good owners and bad owners. But the good owners aren't ones with good "football IQ". Or that is to say that their football IQ isn't the difference maker. They aren't making decisions about personnel. You think Kraft tells Bellichek what to do? Kraft has influence on how the team is run overall and that's not about football IQ. You don't need to know the game of football at a high level to be a good NFL owner. That was my point.

I don't really like the house analogy only because the overall judging of a house is based off of opinion or feel while an NFL team are results.

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

1. Clark is 5 years in so by your own criteria you don't have but about 20% of the proof you need to call him a bad owner.

2. The Chiefs contended for a SB in 2003, 9 years ago, 13-3 #1 seed, great QB and home field. Sorry that IS competing for a trophy. That team should and could have won a playoff game.

So by your own criteria Hunt ownership isn't a failure.

SAUTO 12-05-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9183845)
Scott Pioli wasn't the GM of the Patriots, you dumb****.

Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 12-05-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9183852)
That too...

Dude you are contradicting yourself.