ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

Red Brooklyn 08-04-2011 09:54 AM

First look:

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimag...upermanbig.jpg

keg in kc 08-04-2011 09:58 AM

Interesting.

There were some candid shots out yesterday of him in Clark Kent garb, too, sans glasses.

007 08-04-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7800721)

red x

Red Brooklyn 08-04-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7800782)
red x

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80687

keg in kc 08-04-2011 10:15 AM

Somebody on CHUD had the best comment about the new hair: Wait, they cast Mel Kiper Jr. as Superman?

Red Brooklyn 08-04-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7800806)
Somebody on CHUD had the best comment about the new hair: Wait, they cast Mel Kiper Jr. as Superman?

ROFL

Outstanding.

bowener 08-04-2011 03:34 PM

Pic definitely has a Zack Snyder style to it... for better or most likely a lot worse.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-05-2011 05:22 PM

Ugh. Why must they F with the suit?! I wish they'd keep it like the Reeves suit.

ThaVirus 08-06-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7797633)
:spock:

Well, the Perry White we are used to won't be in this film then. Ever since he played Morphius he has acted the same in every role he plays.

Kind of the same way Denzel Washington seems like his role in Training Day in every film he has made since.

What? Not to hi-jack the thread, but I really don't see it. In Training Day Denzel was a bad guy. He's been a good guy in every other movie since besides American Gangster.. Can you explain?

007 08-06-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 7805831)
What? Not to hi-jack the thread, but I really don't see it. In Training Day Denzel was a bad guy. He's been a good guy in every other movie since besides American Gangster.. Can you explain?

agreed he has been a good guy but the general attitude of his characters are the same cynical and smart ass guy. I'm not the only one griping about it. There are a lot of people bringing it up on the net.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7806099)
agreed he has been a good guy but the general attitude of his characters are the same cynical and smart ass guy. I'm not the only one griping about it. There are a lot of people bringing it up on the net.

The dude on SNL does a great parody of it.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/cERl5D-flvffA27zxg1s9g"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/cERl5D-flvffA27zxg1s9g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Bowser 08-06-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7800788)

Looks like some douchey Hollister poster.

durtyrute 08-08-2011 10:46 AM

Hopefully he's not all ghey like the rest. I know Superman is known for his gheyness but dammit, you have all of the powers in the world, KICK SOME ASS, look through womens clothes.........something.

blaise 08-08-2011 10:49 AM

I hope it's good. The problem with the first one was he was fighting against rocks and inanimate objects. That's not interesting to me. I want to see him fighting some villain. Punching someone and scrapping. Not just lifting train cars and junk.

jiveturkey 02-07-2012 10:43 AM

Looks good to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X46IidjdYKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 02-07-2012 12:02 PM

The spider-man trailer in the superman thread threw me for a loop, but that does look really good. Seems tonally far removed from the Raimi films, as they've been saying all along.

blaise 02-07-2012 12:05 PM

Superman related. NSFW language. I thought it was pretty funny:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PlwDbSYicM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jiveturkey 02-07-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8355994)
The spider-man trailer in the superman thread threw me for a loop, but that does look really good. Seems tonally far removed from the Raimi films, as they've been saying all along.

Whoops, not sure how I mixed the two up. :hmmm:

Deberg_1990 03-30-2012 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New Logo debuted the other day. When is this supposed to come out?

blaise 03-30-2012 07:14 AM

I like that logo.
If Superman doesn't punch someone in the next movie then they suck.

GordonGekko 03-30-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8503786)
I like that logo.
If Superman doesn't punch someone in the next movie then they suck.

Supes needs a legit physical threat, and there needs to be a 30-min fight sequence with an entire city getting demolished. Maybe a battle on one of Jupiter's moons or something with Jupiter in the background. Epic.. Don't hold back.

Tribal Warfare 04-11-2012 11:41 PM

Young Clark Kent Says ‘Man of Steel’ is ‘Dark Knight’ Edgy

In between anticipation for 2012 superhero films like The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, there’s been question about the next big comic book blockbuster on the way, which is Zack Snyder’s (Watchmen) reboot of the Superman movie franchise, Man of Steel.

Set photos and official images aside, what we’ve learned about Man of Steel so far has come primarily from the words and opinions of the cast and crew – and today continues this trend. Check out what Dylan Sprayberry – the actor who plays of the younger version of Clark Kent – had to say about the Superman reboot’s tone, and how it compares to DC/Warner Bros. other big superhero property, namely Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy.

According to Sprayberry:

When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-American superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.

Regarding the scope of the film:

I didn’t even really notice how big it was until I finished shooting. It was so overwhelming that it was crazy, I was like “I can’t believe I just did all that.” In the moment, I was really focused on the work and the acting.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard Man of Steel being compared to the dark and edgier tones of the Nolan Batman films – star Michael Shannon (General Zod) said the same thing a few months back. The “danger” of making such comparisons is that they tend to rile up those fans who either A) don’t think the Nolan Bat-films are as great as millions (upon millions) of people think they are, or B) don’t think that a bright and shining hero like Superman should be in any way similar to a dark and brooding guy like Batman.

WhiteWhale 04-12-2012 06:14 AM

I don't care about Clark Kent's love cares or struggles.

Geezus... give me superman tossing tanks and throwing other super-villains through buildings and shit. THAT is what I want to see from Superman. Not all of his insecurities and bullshit. I don't want to see him pining and moping. He has a two track mind... save the world and nail Lois Lane. Preferably with a 90/10 split on screen time in favor of saving the world.

I don't want an emotional roller coaster. I want goddamn superman having super fights with other super beings, allowing him to super nail Lois Lane at the end.

They never get it right, yet the movie basically writes itself.

Lex Luthor 04-12-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8535597)
I don't care about Clark Kent's love cares or struggles.

Geezus... give me superman tossing tanks and throwing other super-villains through buildings and shit. THAT is what I want to see from Superman. Not all of his insecurities and bullshit. I don't want to see him pining and moping. He has a two track mind... save the world and nail Lois Lane. Preferably with a 90/10 split on screen time in favor of saving the world.

I don't want an emotional roller coaster. I want goddamn superman having super fights with other super beings, allowing him to super nail Lois Lane at the end.

They never get it right, yet the movie basically writes itself.

It sounds like you want to see a movie about Superman from the 1960s. The problem is that a one-dimensional hero like that just isn't very interesting these days. Now I don't want to see a soap opera where Clark Kent gets all weepy-eyed about Lois Lane, but I also don't want to see Lex Luthor played for laughs in the manner that Gene Hackman did, and I sure as hell don't want see another abomination like Superman Returns.

If they make the movie a serious movie with a lot of action, I'm all for it.

WhiteWhale 04-12-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8535613)
It sounds like you want to see a movie about Superman from the 1960s. The problem is that a one-dimensional hero like that just isn't very interesting these days. Now I don't want to see a soap opera where Clark Kent gets all weepy-eyed about Lois Lane, but I also don't want to see Lex Luthor played for laughs in the manner that Gene Hackman did, and I sure as hell don't want see another abomination like Superman Returns.

If they make the movie a serious movie with a lot of action, I'm all for it.

I'm not suggesting we see any of those things.

I"m suggesting the movie center around the action and not the drama because that's just how Superman is best. He's not Spider-man. Interestingly enough that's one reason I liked them picking Snyder as the director. He tends to focus more on visuals and I think that works with the character.

Superman returns was entirely centered on drama and it was a huge flaming pile of shit.

They have never made a good Superman movie. Profitable? Yes. High quality? No.

Except for John Williams. His score owns.

keg in kc 04-12-2012 09:54 AM

I just want it to be good.

GordonGekko 04-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8535975)
I just want it to be good.

Exactly.

It doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, but we don't want another Green Lantern either.

Bowser 04-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8535932)

I"m suggesting the movie center around the action and not the drama because that's just how Superman is best. He's not Spider-man. Interestingly enough that's one reason I liked them picking Snyder as the director. He tends to focus more on visuals and I think that works with the character.

Superman returns was entirely centered on drama and it was a huge flaming pile of shit.

While I agree with you to a point, the problem with ANY Superman movie is going to involve the very things you don't want to see. At his core, Supes is an alien trying to become human, and dealing with all the baggage that comes with humans. It's unavoidable. Otherwise, you could just do a movie about a Terminator laying waste to Phoenix, or Seattle, or whichever town you want to see get destroyed.

Superman IS drama. He's a portrait of how we can have it all and still struggle with everyday life.

Bowser 04-12-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 8536387)
Exactly.

It doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, but we don't want another Green Lantern either.

Am I in the minority that actually liked GL? Not loved, mind you, but I enjoyed it.

Red Brooklyn 04-12-2012 12:52 PM

Haven't seen all of it. Had to turn it off about 10 minutes in. I was not a big fan of the first 10 minutes. But I'd like to give it a real chance.

007 04-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8536436)
Am I in the minority that actually liked GL? Not loved, mind you, but I enjoyed it.

It wasn't exactly great but I did like it. I've seen much much worse.

Frosty 04-12-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

I didn't mind GL. It's not one I would see over and over but I enjoyed it.

I'm having trouble getting excited about another Superman movie. He just isn't that interesting of a character.

JD10367 04-12-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8537048)
I didn't mind GL. It's not one I would see over and over but I enjoyed it.

I liked "Green Lantern". I thought the effects were okay, I like Ryan Reynolds (no homo), and I thought they did the best they could with a fairly undeveloped character.

Quote:

I'm having trouble getting excited about another Superman movie. He just isn't that interesting of a character.
Depends on where they go with it. Supes has become more of a caricature than a character, a giant Boy Scout of impeccable morals and, thus, no real interest to him. I think "Smallville" did a far better job of exploring how someone with super powers might actually have some emotion and questioning of things, and a film could take it even further with an adult Supes. I mean, if you were invincible, wouldn't you be a teeny bit tempted to use your power for a little evil, like Zod? You know, maybe go a little too far on a perp and kill him, or break into a bank for a little cash, or use your x-ray vision to spy on chicks? The recent "Chronicle" did a much better job of exploring this aspect (and how nature/nurture might affect your decision-making) than any Supes film or media ever has.

007 04-12-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8537064)
I liked "Green Lantern". I thought the effects were okay, I like Ryan Reynolds (no homo), and I thought they did the best they could with a fairly undeveloped character.

Depends on where they go with it. Supes has become more of a caricature than a character, a giant Boy Scout of impeccable morals and, thus, no real interest to him. I think "Smallville" did a far better job of exploring how someone with super powers might actually have some emotion and questioning of things, and a film could take it even further with an adult Supes. I mean, if you were invincible, wouldn't you be a teeny bit tempted to use your power for a little evil, like Zod? You know, maybe go a little too far on a perp and kill him, or break into a bank for a little cash, or use your x-ray vision to spy on chicks? The recent "Chronicle" did a much better job of exploring this aspect (and how nature/nurture might affect your decision-making) than any Supes film or media ever has.

Though I got sick of seeing Clark get his ass kicked week after week for several years, I agree with you in that Smallville took on the character and gave it a dimension we hadn't seen.

Lex Luthor 04-12-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

I loved the Green Lantern movie. I suspect I may be the only one.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 8537441)
I loved the Green Lantern movie. I suspect I may be the only one.

I've seen bits and pieces of it on HBO this month. It fails to,hold my interest. I wouldn't say it's complete garbage. But it's nothing special and completely forgettable 5 minutes after its over.

lcarus 04-12-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8535932)

That's because Superman just isn't that good. I loved the old black & white Superman tv show as a young kid (and I'm only 29), but other than that, he's just a dead superhero. His time has past. With Batman, at least you have a plethora of interesting villains to keep the movies rolling. Some of them turn out shitty, some turn out good.

WhiteWhale 04-12-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8537595)
That's because Superman just isn't that good. I loved the old black & white Superman tv show as a young kid (and I'm only 29), but other than that, he's just a dead superhero. His time has past. With Batman, at least you have a plethora of interesting villains to keep the movies rolling. Some of them turn out shitty, some turn out good.

Well first of all Batman is an unfair comparison, because he is infinitely awesome. When I was six years old and the teachers asked me what I wanted to be, I told them 'Batman". Pretty much every super hero is lame compared to the Batman. It's also unfair because Batman lacks super-powers, and thus is more accessible to all of us who also do not have super-powers.

Other than that, it's all your opinion man.

Look, superman can pick up a tank and throw it through a sky scraper. Now maybe YOU don't think that's awesome. I, personally, do... and I want to see it in a movie.

007 04-12-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8537630)
Well first of all Batman is an unfair comparison, because he is infinitely awesome. When I was six years old and the teachers asked me what I wanted to be, I told them 'Batman". Pretty much every super hero is lame compared to the Batman. It's also unfair because Batman lacks super-powers, and thus is more accessible to all of us who also do not have super-powers.

Look, superman can pick up a tank and throw it through a sky scraper. Now maybe YOU don't think that's awesome. I, personally, do... and I want to see it in a movie.

You want Superman to kill innocent people? ;)

WhiteWhale 04-13-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8537682)
You want Superman to kill innocent people? ;)

Technically Superman didn't kill them.

The tank did. :D

lcarus 04-13-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8537630)

Look, I'll still give Superman a chance. But let's face it, as far as movies and tv shows go, there's been a ton of "misses". Give me something quality and I'll change my tune.

Deberg_1990 04-13-2012 06:18 AM

All i know is, if Nolan and Zach Synder (whos been pretty dissappointing lately actually..) cant make this work, then nobody can make it work.

Im not too excited about a "dark" Superman, but who knows....maybe it can work?

The Original Donner Superman is pretty much a perfect Origin story and really nailed the tone right. Not sure if that would work for todays audiences though....

Tribal Warfare 06-19-2012 04:21 AM

Hans Zimmer to Score Zack Snyder’s MAN OF STEEL

In a move that’s not entirely surprising, composer Hans Zimmer will be handling the score for director Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot Man of Steel. Zimmer’s frequent collaborator Christopher Nolan is producing Man of Steel, and this news is yet another sign that the exiting shepherd of the Batman franchise is intricately involved in the reimaging of Supes. This marks the first Snyder film that won’t be composed by Tyler Bates, but I’m not exactly broken up about it.

Variety’s report doesn’t mention whether Zimmer will pay homage to John Williams’ original Superman theme or not, but I would wager no. John Ottoman already did as much with Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns, and Zimmer will likely want to craft a sound that fits Snyder’s iteration of the character. Judging by the rather dark title treatment and set photos we’ve seen (as well as Nolan’s involvement), Man of Steel will be more Batman Begins than Superman Returns. If you’re a big Zimmer fan, check out Steve’s video interview with the composer in which he shows Steve around his studio. Hit the jump to sample some of Zimmer’s more memorable works.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nhMUvhIAPtY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s17XDrKuqc4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-QjuEWsdgEc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 07-15-2012 06:05 PM

<object id="sbPlayer" width="600" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/wgtc007/775/519561/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/wgtc007/775/519561/" width="600" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

We see flashes of Smallville. The farm house. Clark running in a red cape as a child.
This looks VERY different from Superman films of the past
An older, bearded Clark walks a snowy road in an arctic town.
We hear Russell Crowe’s voice talking about children being inspired to greater things
It sounds like it’s cut with Kevin Costner’s voice. Both fathers are giving Clark/Kal advice on how to become who he wants to be
We see Clark being brought to the Kent barn and shown the spaceship that has been hidden there
Clark holds a small piece of metal with the S logo on the end
We’re jumping back and forth through time periods
Clark, as a teen, saved a bus of kids
The bus crashed in the water and we see him swimming, pulling the door off
“People are afraid of what they don’t understand,” says Costner
We see Clark talking to Jor-El. They’re standing right in front of one another, but I think it’s a holographic projection (though it looks live)
We see Superman in the suit. First from a distance and then walking across a snowy plain
There are flashing of Superman flying and one of him catching someone falling off a building
A single flash of Amy Adams’ Lois Lane
One flash has Superman (in costume) — seemingly in handcuffs — being led down a hallway by a security force
We see Clark (without seeing his face) stepping into an elevator and begin to lift glasses to his face
There’s a flash of Clark, shirtless, with his whole body on fire
Another of him crashing into the bank vault we saw in the first still. It looks like he’s been thrown.
I’m not great at describing music, but it’s decidedly more somber than Williams’s score.
The whole look of it has a very dark, autumny feel to it all.
There’s a major discussion in the narration about the world turning against Superman because they don’t trust him if he ever appears.
There’s a flash of Zod, but literally so fast you just see his face.
Apparently someone witnessed young Clark as a child saving the bus with his powers.
None of the trademark Snyder shots in the trailer. No slo-mo or shuttery frames

Tribal Warfare 07-15-2012 06:06 PM

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/up...r-official.jpg

007 07-15-2012 10:48 PM

Hopefully a good quality large video of that will pop up soon.

tk13 07-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8743775)
Hopefully a good quality large video of that will pop up soon.

The trailer is supposed to be in front of The Dark Knight Rises... so I've avoided watching that bootleg clip... so far. Once that comes out it'll probably get online.

007 07-15-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8743799)
The trailer is supposed to be in front of The Dark Knight Rises... so I've avoided watching that bootleg clip... so far. Once that comes out it'll probably get online.

Yeah, I am waiting until the week after DKR to go see it. I never try opening weekend.

Bowser 07-16-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8743799)

You can barely see anything. The guy that bootlegged that footage was pretty far away from the screen. The only clear thing I could see was Supes blasting through the sky, breaking the sound barrier.

Bowser 07-16-2012 10:14 AM

This is most certainly a repost, possibly even in this thread. But if you haven't watched this before, you really owe it to yourself to check it out. It's 20 minutes long, and Kevin Smith is a master storyteller.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hUwkqeI7XWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 07-16-2012 11:30 AM

I caught a few minutes of a few episodes of that comic show that came on after The Walking Dead. I always thought that dude was pretty funny.

"I grew up in suburban New Jersey. Never saw a black man til I was about.. 28." LMAO

DBOSHO 07-16-2012 12:08 PM

I saw him at the midland. Hes pretty ****ing awesome

tk13 07-21-2012 05:51 PM

Two trailers running. One with Kevin Costner and one with Russell Crowe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c_VRP5q1Zow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wArmHSPIvlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can 07-21-2012 06:18 PM

looks like an ad for Levi's

Chiefs Pantalones 07-21-2012 06:31 PM

Can't wait for this. My childhood hero and greatest superhero of all time...please don't disappoint!!

Tribal Warfare 07-21-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8758167)
Can't wait for this. My childhood hero and greatest superhero of all time...please don't disappoint!!

This

Bowser 07-22-2012 04:37 PM

I know the 2006 movie "Superman Returns" gets mixed reviews around here, probably justly. I liked the film enough for what it was. There was one part of the film that I would have liked to see expanded on....

When Clark crashed back on Earth after five years at the Clark farm, he brought something back with him. He told his mom he buried it. Would have been cool to see more of that, imho.

GordonGekko 07-22-2012 06:36 PM

Awesome trailer, I totally dig the vibe this movie is giving.

The thought of a disheartened Superman working menial jobs and coming out of nowhere to fight Zod is cool. I can't wait to see the reaction from Zod when he comes to Earth thinking it will be a cakewalk to take over, and low and behold one of his kind is already here ready to do battle. Pretty epic.

Sure-Oz 07-22-2012 06:38 PM

Hopefully this will be done well. Don't think it will ever top the batman trilogy for me, but im a huge batman fan. I do like superman as well and hope they do it well

ThaVirus 07-23-2012 10:13 AM

I've never really been interested in Superman's character, but this film has potential..

Sure-Oz 07-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8761265)
I've never really been interested in Superman's character, but this film has potential..

I was a fan of the smallville series, it was a fun show to watch except the first season or two was repetitive

Superman on film has been meh

Micjones 07-25-2012 06:30 AM

Will this be a 2012 release?

Deberg_1990 07-25-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8766059)
Will this be a 2012 release?

June 2013. Even though its probably done filming or close to it.

Micjones 07-25-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8766064)
June 2013. Even though its probably done filming or close to it.

So it'll be another big year in the Superhero genre.
MOS, IM3, T2.

durtyrute 07-25-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8766077)
MOS, IM3, T2.

?

Aries Walker 07-25-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

MOS, IM3, T2.

And The Wolverine, and the GI Joe sequel, and - if you count them - The Lone Ranger and Robocop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8766127)
?

Thor.

Micjones 07-25-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8766138)
And The Wolverine

A sequel to his origins film?
I was wondering what the next installment of the X-Men franchise would be.

Quote:

GI Joe sequel
Mediocre first film + Bruce Willis + The Rock? /yawn

BigCatDaddy 07-25-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

MOS, IM3, T2.

Every year seems like a big year in teh Superhero genre.

lcarus 07-25-2012 10:21 AM

The only time I ever was into Superman was when I used to stay up late as a kid and watch the old black & white tv show. I don't remember which show it was (there were multiple b&w Superman shows weren't there?), but I loved it back then. Never got into the Christopher Reeves movies. I remember the first being ok, but can't recall much about the sequels.

lcarus 07-25-2012 10:22 AM

Nevermind, it was this one...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q2l4bz1FT8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 07-25-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8759979)
I know the 2006 movie "Superman Returns" gets mixed reviews around here, probably justly. I liked the film enough for what it was. There was one part of the film that I would have liked to see expanded on....

When Clark crashed back on Earth after five years at the Clark farm, he brought something back with him. He told his mom he buried it. Would have been cool to see more of that, imho.

I thougt routh did a great job, my problem was lame ass villian storyline. There had not been a superman film for ever. And they released that story? Minimum should of been brainiac.

Buy the graphic novel red son. Basically supes crashes down in russia and grows up to a russian family. Really good. Also pulls a good ending.

007 07-25-2012 02:00 PM

I just wish they would stop making Lex the main villain. Three Superman movies and he was the villain. Returns made a huge mistake in that even though Spacy played the role well.

Deberg_1990 07-25-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8766957)
I just wish they would stop making Lex the main villain. Three Superman movies and he was the villain. Returns made a huge mistake in that even though Spacy played the role well.

Well they finally did. This new one Zod is the villain.

The 2006 film was ok. It had a few individual scenes that were cool, but it was overall pretty meh. Not enough action, too downbeat, too blah.......

ThaVirus 07-25-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8767352)
The 2006 film was ok. It had a few individual scenes that were cool, but it was overall pretty meh. Not enough action, too downbeat, too blah.......

That's exactly how I feel about it from a critical standpoint. If it comes on TV I watch it though.

Tribal Warfare 09-21-2012 02:31 PM

WILL SUPERMAN FACE BLACK ZERO IN ‘MAN OF STEEL’?

Other than the footage of ‘Man of Steel‘ we saw at Comic-Con, and the two teaser trailers we saw featuring the voices of both Clark Kent’s human father (Kevin Costner) and his Kryptonian father (Russell Crowe), we’ve still yet to learn the details about what major trials Superman will be facing in Zack Synder’s movie reboot. Thankfully new information has seemingly been revealed from a source we all love so much — LEGO!

As with ‘The Avengers‘ and ‘The Hobbit‘ promotions, LEGO leaked the names of their primary sets that will be sold as accompaniments to its corresponding films. This year, they revealed what can be expected from their ‘Man of Steel’ sets and may have, perhaps unknowingly, hinted at the possibility of another villain for Superman to face other than Zod.

Check out the full list of LEGO sets below, courtesy of Brick Set, which includes some from ‘Iron Man‘ and ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ and see for yourself which villain might be showing up in ‘Man of Steel’:

76000 Arctic Batman vs. Mr.Freeze – Aquaman on Ice
76001 Batman vs. Bane – Chase with Tumbler
76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown
76003 Superman Battle of Smallville
76004 Spider-Man – Hunting with Spider-Cycle
76005 Spider-Man – Mission at Daily Bugle
76006 Iron Man Extremis
76007 Iron Man Malibu Mansion
76008 Iron Man vs Mandarin
76009 Superman Black Zero Escape

Yup, Black Zero, the Destroyer of Krypton, looks like he’ll be wreaking some havoc in the Superman universe. In the comics, Black Zero came to Earth, threatening to destroy the planet as he did Clark Kent’s home planet. The villain met his demise when Superman released an alien criminal Jax-Ur, who sought to avenge his slaughtered people. However, as Snyder pointed out at Comic-Con, ‘Man of Steel’ is a reinvention of the Superman saga and won’t necessarily follow the same story lines.

Also teased with these LEGO sets are upcoming showdowns in Metropolis and Smallville, which were alluded to in the official plot synopsis for the movie:

Quote:

Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2012 05:24 AM

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-...30-575x851.jpg

Red Brooklyn 12-04-2012 11:21 AM

That's badass.

I'm actually kind of excited now.

Fish 12-04-2012 11:46 AM

Handcuffs huh?

Red Brooklyn 12-04-2012 11:47 AM

I'm sure they're for show. Supes is just "cooperating."

Of course I have no real idea. Just guessing at the context.

Or they're Krypto-cuffs. Heh.

KurtCobain 12-04-2012 01:43 PM

I wonder if Clark kent ever accidentally tweets from his Superman Twitter account