ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Steve Carrell leaving 'The Office' after next season. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230042)

CoMoChief 09-26-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8952275)
It seemed to me that Ellie Kemper hottied it up even more than Amy Poehler this past offseason.

agreed. I'd still love to nail Poehler though.

BigMeatballDave 09-27-2012 11:49 PM

Is Ellie Kemper part of THE Kempers? I noticed she's from KC.

Also, she's ****ing hot this season.

DaneMcCloud 09-27-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8956104)

Yes

Baby Lee 09-28-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Weird that, with that pedigree, she got her start with a College Humor teethy BJ.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0hm7pp_JFOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tomahawk kid 09-28-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

I had NO idea she was that 'ahem' talented, until the newscaster scene last night.

Baby Lee 11-09-2012 12:13 AM

I don't know if I've seen anything funnier than Kevin's 'gotta go to the bathroom' montage.

The last one where he stopped his car jumped out and started running back inside grasping his ass, . . . I replayed that like 15 times in a row laughing each time.

Baby Lee 11-09-2012 03:14 AM

Congrats to Koo-Koo Kulap landing a plum role on Parks and Rec as Mike the Cleaner's second wife, apparently giving young Ben Wyatt a little brother in the process.

Red Brooklyn 12-12-2012 01:58 PM

Anyone still watching this thing?

That Christmas episode was awesome. Laughed like an idiot the entire time. Glad the final season got a worthy Christmas episode.

BigMeatballDave 12-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9202786)

That Christmas episode was awesome. Laughed like an idiot the entire time. Glad the final season got a worthy Christmas episode.

Yes. That was great.

I will be sad when it ends, but it is time.

blaise 12-12-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9202786)

It was good. I laughed a few times. A lot of the parts with Daryl dragged on but the end when he crashed was funny.

Red Brooklyn 12-12-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9202789)
Yes. That was great.

I will be sad when it ends, but it is time.

I'm definitely ready for it to be over. It's had a great run. But, yeah, it's definitely time.

doomy3 12-12-2012 02:34 PM

I actually think this has been a great season. One of my favorites.

Red Brooklyn 12-12-2012 02:43 PM

I've liked this season quite a bit, too. Certainly more than last year. Which is good. Let it go out strong.

Chiefspants 12-12-2012 02:53 PM

While this season has vastly exceeded my expectations (I began to be hopeful when I heard Daniels was returning), I'm crossing my fingers that Steve Carell makes a final return, it's hard to imagine a series finale without Michael Gary Scott.

Red Brooklyn 12-12-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9202903)
While this season has vastly exceeded my expectations (I began to be hopeful when I heard Daniels was returning), I'm crossing my fingers that Steve Carell makes a final return, it's hard to imagine a series finale without Michael Gary Scott.

Absolutely!

Even if it isn't necessarily in the finale proper. I really hope he returns at some point in the final season.

lcarus 12-13-2012 10:03 AM

Yeah the show just isn't nearly as good with Steve Carell gone.

blaise 12-13-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204616)

No, but it's still better than 80% of the sitcoms on TV.

lcarus 12-13-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9204623)
No, but it's still better than 80% of the sitcoms on TV.

I still watch it, but I haven't enjoyed it too much to be honest. Even this final season, while better than last season, still isn't even close to seasons 1-4 or whatever.

loochy 12-13-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204616)

It's really not.

Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the writing is noticeably different this year. I can tell that Liberstein and Kaling are gone. The jokes are different and the characters act different - I especially noticed this in Andy and Erin. Typically, the jokes just aren't as funny anymore and the jokes and situations are really predictable now.

Yeah, the Christmas episode WAS funny though. Dwight weirdness is always awesome!

It actually makes me sad that Michael Scott is gone.

ILChief 12-13-2012 10:13 AM

Belsnickel was awesome

lcarus 12-13-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9204629)
It's really not.

Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the writing is noticeably different this year. I can tell that Liberstein and Kaling are gone. The jokes are different and the characters act different - I especially noticed this in Andy and Erin. Typically, the jokes just aren't as funny anymore and the jokes and situations are really predictable now.

Yeah, the Christmas episode WAS funny though. Dwight weirdness is always awesome!

It actually makes me sad that Michael Scott is gone.

You mean BJ Novak right? I've seen Toby some this season. Or you're talking about the writing

loochy 12-13-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204634)
You mean BJ Novak right? I've seen Toby some this season.

yes, that's what i mean.

I loled at the last episode when i saw that Toby wrote in himself getting some action from Nellie

lcarus 12-13-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9204638)
yes, that's what i mean.

I loled at the last episode when i saw that Toby wrote in himself getting some action from Nellie

Yeah that was kinda weird and out of nowhere

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204664)
Yeah that was kinda weird and out of nowhere

I read it as Nellie doing it just to shut him up. Then maybe kinda liked it. I thought it was super funny and totally made sense in context.

lcarus 12-13-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9204822)
I read it as Nellie doing it just to shut him up. Then maybe kinda liked it. I thought it was super funny and totally made sense in context.

Yeah I get why she did it, I just didn't expect it. Plus it was kinda weird that Toby just went for it like that.

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204899)
Yeah I get why she did it, I just didn't expect it. Plus it was kinda weird that Toby just went for it like that.

Which is something The Office has lost a bit of, I think. That randomness. That element of surprise. I was thrilled to see it back.

lcarus 12-13-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9204901)
Which is something The Office has lost a bit of, I think. That randomness. That element of surprise. I was thrilled to see it back.

True. I also think Toby might be the Scranton Strangler lol. Or maybe not, but I can't wait to see who is.

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204909)
True. I also think Toby might be the Scranton Strangler lol. Or maybe not, but I can't wait to see who is.

Yeah, that's a really interesting question. I'm excited to find out, and I don't even have any great guesses.

Packer? Cordray? Mose? Micheal Scott?!!! (that'd be a helluva way to bring him back, uh?)

Dying to see how this plays out.

blaise 12-13-2012 12:26 PM

I think it's Jan.

lcarus 12-13-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9204915)
Yeah, that's a really interesting question. I'm excited to find out, and I don't even have any great guesses.

Packer? Cordray? Mose? Micheal Scott?!!! (that'd be a helluva way to bring him back, uh?)

Dying to see how this plays out.

Well at first I thought it could have been Gabe, since the stranglings started right when he showed up. Plus he had that weird video, and loves horror movies, and has all that weird crap in his house. But he isn't in this season so probably not him but who knows. I'd imagine it will be someone that would make it funny, like Mose or Packer or Creed.

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9204922)
I think it's Jan.

I probably would have agreed until they re-introduced her. Now I'm not so sure.

But I'd actually really like that choice if they decide to go that way.

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204925)
Well at first I thought it could have been Gabe, since the stranglings started right when he showed up. Plus he had that weird video, and loves horror movies, and has all that weird crap in his house. But he isn't in this season so probably not him but who knows. I'd imagine it will be someone that would make it funny, like Mose or Packer or Creed.

Creed seems too obvious, somehow.

Mose or Packer could be funny if done right.

Honestly, I still like your theory about Gabe. I think that would be great. I'd love to see Woods back on the show, even if just for an episode or two.

BigMeatballDave 12-13-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9204909)

I was actually thinking about Toby during last weeks episode.

lcarus 03-13-2013 11:33 AM

Anyone been watching? I watched the Christmas episode and then forgot about it until yesterday. Apparently there was a slew of new episodes my DVR didn't record so I watched them all consecutively last night. I actually....liked them. For the most part.

So Toby visited the Scranton Strangler...or did he? Lol, I don't think they're finished with that yet. And low and behold...Gabe (Birdman) Susan Lewis is back just in time. I think it's him.

keg in kc 03-13-2013 11:43 AM

I don't think I've watched a new ep in over a year.

lcarus 03-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9493114)
I don't think I've watched a new ep in over a year.

I was totally disinterested but still watched them.

Red Brooklyn 03-13-2013 11:54 AM

The run from the Christmas episode on has actually been pretty nice.

silver5liter 03-13-2013 11:56 AM

Ive thought this season has been decent. Hate how they molded Andys character back to being a douche. Also they need to have Jim do more pranks again with dwight.

lcarus 03-13-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9493193)
The run from the Christmas episode on has actually been pretty nice.

Agreed Joe. I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the ending. I heard Carell was spotted at the studio when they were filming the finale. Which is entirely a rumor, or is true and he just popped in to hang out with the cast & crew. My bet is on Michael Gary Scott showing up in the finale though. I'd bet on it.

lcarus 03-13-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9493210)
Ive thought this season has been decent. Hate how they molded Andys character back to being a douche. Also they need to have Jim do more pranks again with dwight.

It's inconsistent what they did with Andy. They spent at least a couple episodes propping him up as likeable as the new boss. However, I do find him funnier as a dick. His "you had a bad day" had me rolling for some reason.

Predarat 03-13-2013 12:32 PM

That Andy thing is bizzare, they send him on the boat and basicily write him out for alot of the season, then bring him back. Andy and Erin made a good couple, they screwed that up too. Hope they do bring back Michael Scott for the last episode, it would not be the same without him.

lcarus 03-13-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9493372)
That Andy thing is bizzare, they send him on the boat and basicily write him out for alot of the season, then bring him back. Andy and Erin made a good couple, they screwed that up too. Hope they do bring back Michael Scott for the last episode, it would not be the same without him.

Seems maybe they had to write Andy out because Ed Helms filmed Hangover 3.

silver5liter 03-13-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9493221)
It's inconsistent what they did with Andy. They spent at least a couple episodes propping him up as likeable as the new boss. However, I do find him funnier as a dick. His "you had a bad day" had me rolling for some reason.

lol yeah its been pretty funny lately. But they fought so hard to make him likeable after making him out to be a dick when he was first on the show, just to bring him back to being a dick. Doesnt make a lot of sense. I also dont like Pams character anymore.

Red Brooklyn 03-13-2013 12:59 PM

I swear to God if they break up Jim and Pam, I'm gonna.... well, I don't know what I'm gonna do. It's just a TV show. But I'll be pissed!

silver5liter 03-13-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9493442)
I swear to God if they break up Jim and Pam, I'm gonna.... well, I don't know what I'm gonna do. It's just a TV show. But I'll be pissed!

No way that will happen

lcarus 03-13-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9493442)

Yeah they're clearly throwing a monkey wrench in there with that boom mic guy. I think that's all it will be though. They just wanted to instill some obstacles for them. In all honesty, they were very stale and needed something to spice it up.

SuperChief 03-13-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9493529)
Yeah they're clearly throwing a monkey wrench in there with that boom mic guy. I think that's all it will be though. They just wanted to instill some obstacles for them. In all honesty, they were very stale and needed something to spice it up.

Bingo. Completely spot on.

Red Brooklyn 03-13-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9493529)

Oh, that's exactly how I see it as well. Though Jim's company/Philly I think is a much bigger obstacle than Boom Mic Guy. He was red herring, for sure.

It's just so interesting (albeit infuriating) and strange to see Jim in Pam in such different spaces.

I don't really think they'll break them up. But (and this is a good thing) this is the first time in a long time that the show really has me guessing. I have no idea how they'll manage to find a satisfying way to resolve this conflict. Something that isn't a retcon/cop-out solution.

lcarus 03-13-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9493580)
Oh, that's exactly how I see it as well. Though Jim's company/Philly I think is a much bigger obstacle than Boom Mic Guy. He was red herring, for sure.

It's just so interesting (albeit infuriating) and strange to see Jim in Pam in such different spaces.

I don't really think they'll break them up. But (and this is a good thing) this is the first time in a long time that the show really has me guessing. I have no idea how they'll manage to find a satisfying way to resolve this conflict. Something that isn't a retcon/cop-out solution.

Eh I'm guessing maybe they'll split up for a minute and Jim will realize he liked his life in Scranton with Pam more, and he'll leave the company and come back home. But who really knows. It has me guessing as well.

lcarus 03-14-2013 09:14 PM

After tonight's episode, I'm really glad they cancelled "The Farm" spinoff. That was just...ugh.

Chiefspants 03-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9493216)
Agreed Joe. I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to the ending. I heard Carell was spotted at the studio when they were filming the finale. Which is entirely a rumor, or is true and he just popped in to hang out with the cast & crew. My bet is on Michael Gary Scott showing up in the finale though. I'd bet on it.

Do you have a source for that rumor?

/Itwouldmakemydreamscometrue

silver5liter 03-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9500086)
After tonight's episode, I'm really glad they cancelled "The Farm" spinoff. That was just...ugh.

Really irritating. You could tell that was the pilot, just split with some office footage. Sad too, because that was some of the most funny stuff ive seen on the office in a while when it was actually in the office.

Predarat 05-16-2013 08:47 AM

This is it, the last of The Office. Its a little sad but this show has ran its course.

silver5liter 05-16-2013 08:51 AM

One more tonight. anyone think Michael makes a surprise appearance during the wedding? I know they have denied it but I could really see if happening

DaFace 05-16-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9686456)
One more tonight. anyone think Michael makes a surprise appearance during the wedding? I know they have denied it but I could really see if happening

I think he'll be in it. He was seen at the wrap party for the show, so he was definitely in the area when it was being filmed.

RockChalk 05-16-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9686452)
This is it, the last of The Office. Its a little sad but this show has ran its course.

True, but the last few episodes have been pretty damn good. With the exception being anything involving Andy. His character has become unbelievably stupid. The last half of this final season would have been much better if they just left him sailing on his boat.

silver5liter 05-16-2013 09:22 AM

I'm sick of Andy and sadly they have made me hate Pam too much to try to have that sweet moment last week. Everything else has been pretty great though. I think darrels exit was my favorite so far

RockChalk 05-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9686510)
I'm sick of Andy

I just don't understand why they took a somewhat quirky guy and turned him into this complete dumbass mess. If they were trying to show what manic depression looks like, the only next logical step for Andy would be a hospital or suicide

silver5liter 05-16-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9686514)
I just don't understand why they took a somewhat quirky guy and turned him into this complete dumbass mess. If they were trying to show what manic depression looks like, the only next logical step for Andy would be a hospital or suicide

They basically reverted him back to what he was when he first appeared on the show. just an over the top idiot

Predarat 05-16-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9686501)
True, but the last few episodes have been pretty damn good. With the exception being anything involving Andy. His character has become unbelievably stupid. The last half of this final season would have been much better if they just left him sailing on his boat.

Especially the Dwight Promotion episode, that is one of the best since Michael left, if not the best. Glad they got Andy out of there, should have done that sooner.

DaFace 05-16-2013 11:26 AM

I partially think Andy fell victim to the real-world circumstances of Ed Helms. He's been gone so much with the Hangover movies that it was hard for them to come up with decent storylines for more than an episode here and there.

Predarat 05-16-2013 01:04 PM

That was dumb of Andy to go out on the boat and lose Erin, he was majorly outkicking his coverage on that one!

silver5liter 05-16-2013 01:27 PM

I believe him going onto film the hangovers probably had alot to do with it. If you go back though they really like to change characters personallities alot on the show. They changed Kelly, Ryan, Pam, Andy, here recently Dwight and Jim are getting along.

CoMoChief 05-16-2013 07:46 PM

You came? That's what she said! LMAO

****in Michael Scott

silver5liter 05-16-2013 08:24 PM

That was probably the best they could have possibly done with the series finale. Just great

Sure-Oz 05-16-2013 08:26 PM

Perfect Finale...

DaFace 05-16-2013 10:07 PM

It was pretty cliche and cheesy, but it was fun. I'll take it.

Sure-Oz 05-16-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9688097)
It was pretty cliche and cheesy, but it was fun. I'll take it.

Absolutely. The pre-show was solid as well with behind the scenes stuff

tk13 05-16-2013 10:31 PM

I thought it was great. So many shows do a terrible job in the finale, and the Office has kind of clunked to the finish line... but they hit a home run tonight. Very well done.

CoMoChief 05-16-2013 10:35 PM

really wish Todd Packard was on the episode

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9688171)
really wish Todd Packard was on the episode

Robert California too

Silock 05-17-2013 03:57 AM

Finale was incredible. Maybe the best sitcom finale I've ever seen. Don't even mention Seinfeld, because I never watched that show.

Predarat 05-17-2013 07:57 AM

That was a great ending to a great show. Wish they had resolved the Scranton Strangler though. And as someone else said, a Todd Packer appearence would have been good too.

silver5liter 05-17-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9688403)
Finale was incredible. Maybe the best sitcom finale I've ever seen. Don't even mention Seinfeld, because I never watched that show.

Seinfelds finale was terrible anyway

Baby Lee 05-17-2013 11:23 AM

Dwight and Angela dancing to Motley Crue was EPIC.

There ought to be a word, maybe there is one in German, for that thing where you never made a connection between two things you know well, then when someone makes that connection you pause and say 'perfect.'

Crue's 'Angela' is in the top 2-3 of my favorite Crue songs, and it's been in the mix for my cycling playlist long enough that if it were a person it would be graduating HS by now. Yet I never made the connection to Angela on The Office, despite Dwight being a headbanger.

Pitt Gorilla 05-17-2013 12:18 PM

I came.

Baby Lee 05-17-2013 07:15 PM

A couple of things some might have missed.

The guy who played Merideth's stripper son was the same actor who played her son in 'Take Your Daughter to Work Day' back in season 2.

The stripper at Dwight's bachelor party was the stripper in the warehouse, IIRC.

The chick showing Pam and Jim's house was Carol, who Michael dated, and Steve Carell married IRL.

The guy it appeared Pam was trying to shoo off the stage during the 'picture under the mural' scene, where she something like 'I thought just people who worked in the office. . . ' was show-runner Greg Daniels.

The Bad Guy 05-17-2013 09:13 PM

As a resident of Scranton, I'm sad to see it end.

Just about the entire cast came here 2 weeks ago and partied at a local bar on Friday and Saturday night. I didn't go but friends said they were just awesome people to be around.

Bump 05-17-2013 09:39 PM

ya, good finale. Great ending to a great show.

Bump 05-17-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9689691)
As a resident of Scranton, I'm sad to see it end.

Just about the entire cast came here 2 weeks ago and partied at a local bar on Friday and Saturday night. I didn't go but friends said they were just awesome people to be around.

is it really like how they said when they come to town? The Beatles & The Pope?