ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Guild Wars 2 updates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229381)

Pants 08-24-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8847971)
Did you have to make it such a tough decision?

Can we get a ****ING HOLDING ON TAMBA CALL? JFC.

Anyway, are you going to be on GW2 tonight? Same name as in SWTOR?

chasedude 08-24-2012 09:25 PM

OK, the Chief's game is over. I'm sitting here waiting for the launch to tick down. Gonna jump on Teamspeak and shoot the bull. PM me if you want connection info. Any of you nerds are welcome to join and BS with me and my friends.

pr_capone 08-24-2012 09:32 PM

I'm prolly gonna join up with you guys. I had another thing going but my main connection to that group went somewhere else.

My character's name is Mephistopheles Janx.

chasedude 08-24-2012 10:04 PM

Ok, I'm logged in creating characters. Woohoo!

Valiant 08-24-2012 10:14 PM

In also, codissius.

Pants 08-24-2012 10:17 PM

Wha??? How?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm in too. Just had to close the launcher and reopen it.

chasedude 08-24-2012 10:29 PM

Found a crafting guide already. Guess this guy did alot of it during beta.

http://gaiscioch.com/tavern/guildwar...ost_35198.html

updated OP with it.

David. 08-24-2012 10:31 PM

Im in on Yaks name is arktik

chasedude 08-24-2012 10:32 PM

You guys do realize you can have spacing in your names don't you?

Valiant 08-24-2012 11:46 PM

This might be the smoothest mmo launch I have ever been apart of.. And that is around 15-18 of them.. Kudos to them..

AndChiefs 08-24-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8849624)
Can we get a ****ING HOLDING ON TAMBA CALL? JFC.

Anyway, are you going to be on GW2 tonight? Same name as in SWTOR?

Im on

Pants 08-25-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8850868)
Im on

I'm creating a character and then I have to configure my controls. Hopefully you'll still be on when I'm done. Are you Brimian?

Pants 08-25-2012 12:20 AM

Character name: Tyterion Selmy.

chasedude 08-25-2012 02:13 AM

Ok so my buddy logs on 3 hours after I and others have been on and can't get into Yak's Bend, already full. Wow! So he's pissed he can't play with us and is being a pussy saying he won't play. Boo-****ing-Hoo. Find a server, create a character and enjoy it. We'll be able to hook up later with server transfers.

The list goes on for full servers (NA) though, seems like there was only 5-6 that were not full. This is just the headstart launch. I hope they're planning on adding more before the official box release or there will be problems :(

Edit: I also added those that provided names to the OP

AndChiefs 08-25-2012 08:03 AM

Name is Brimian.

icepick64 08-25-2012 08:14 AM

can anyone get on?

AndChiefs 08-25-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64 (Post 8851163)
can anyone get on?

Nope.

AndChiefs 08-25-2012 08:41 AM

Got in. Just keep trying.

Pants 08-25-2012 11:06 AM

I probably won't get a chance to play till later tonight. The couple of hours I spent playing last night were fun. I still need to get used to the interface and figure a bunch of other stuff out, but that's going to come naturally, I'm sure.

pr_capone 08-25-2012 07:55 PM

It is really just the 5 of us playing this game????

hometeam 08-25-2012 08:47 PM

some room will clear out

My name is FALX :P

chasedude 08-25-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8852615)
It is really just the 5 of us playing this game????

I guess so, I'm really enjoying myself. A guildmate is already working on crafting. He found a recipe that creates a box (8 slots) to replace the leather bags (4) in inventory.

AndChiefs 08-26-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8853080)
I guess so, I'm really enjoying myself. A guildmate is already working on crafting. He found a recipe that creates a box (8 slots) to replace the leather bags (4) in inventory.

The box is a normal recipe. I have it as well.

jspchief 08-26-2012 12:10 AM

I'll be playing starting Monday.

I'll probably take it slow. I think the sprint to endgame has hurt my enjoyment of gaming. I know falling behind can make it harder to get in raids and such, but I just don't want to put in the time it takes to stay on the leading edge.

Javabean 08-26-2012 12:15 AM

I'll be getting in tomorrow or Monday. I've been too busy this weekend to play yet.

Valiant 08-26-2012 09:59 AM

Yeah I will be going slow also, enjoying the story so far..

hometeam 08-26-2012 11:25 AM

Guys im Falx.3758 if anyone wants to add me!

Bump 08-26-2012 11:27 AM

times like these I wish I had Windows. I really can't spend $200 + the $60 for the game to play this on my Mac. Damnit.

hometeam 08-26-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8853775)
times like these I wish I had Windows. I really can't spend $200 + the $60 for the game to play this on my Mac. Damnit.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/mac-...wars-2-anyway/

Setsuna 08-26-2012 02:50 PM

Nothing to do with GW2, but I've noticed there aren't many people that play mmos that also watch sports regularly. It's really sad.

Canofbier 08-26-2012 06:08 PM

I've really been enjoying the game so far. I love the fact that you don't have to constantly run back and forth picking up and turning in quests. It lends itself very well to a fun, free-form kind of gameplay. For once, you're actually encouraged to go out of your way to go see something.

Pants 08-26-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 8854937)
I've really been enjoying the game so far. I love the fact that you don't have to constantly run back and forth picking up and turning in quests. It lends itself very well to a fun, free-form kind of gameplay. For once, you're actually encouraged to go out of your way to go see something.

Yeah, this game is a completionist's and achievement whore's dream. I love the way they reward exploring and it just blows my mind how they make everything you do and everything that happens around you SO ORGANIC. I've never seen shit like this before. I'm only level 10, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far. I haven't even tried WvWvW yet and AndChiefs says it's really fun.

You can tell they want to make it as un-grindy as possible - killing mobs gives you like no xp but helping people in all kinds of ways and participating in world events is just a windfall of xp.

Bump 08-26-2012 07:25 PM

so I caved and went out and got windows 7. I quickly installed it on my mac through bootcamp. I pre-purchased GW2 and tried to download the client. Of course it won't work, it downloads Gw2setup.exe, I double click that and a screen with guild wars 2 on it pops up and it says its downloading and stops at 10125kb, then just closes and disappears like nothing happened and won't launch the launcher.

So now I'm thinking I didn't install windows right, it seemed to easy honestly. So now I printed out a big guide, tried to update drivers for bootcamp but I can't, I go through the apple site and the downloads just show up in weird symbol text.

So I don't know, I made a big mistake wasting $200 on windows if I can't get it installed right. Why does it always have to be difficult

Pants 08-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8855160)
so I caved and went out and got windows 7. I quickly installed it on my mac through bootcamp. I pre-purchased GW2 and tried to download the client. Of course it won't work, it downloads Gw2setup.exe, I double click that and a screen with guild wars 2 on it pops up and it says its downloading and stops at 10125kb, then just closes and disappears like nothing happened and won't launch the launcher.

So now I'm thinking I didn't install windows right, it seemed to easy honestly. So now I printed out a big guide, tried to update drivers for bootcamp but I can't, I go through the apple site and the downloads just show up in weird symbol text.

So I don't know, I made a big mistake wasting $200 on windows if I can't get it installed right. Why does it always have to be difficult

Can your Mac even run this game?

Bump 08-26-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8855218)
Can your Mac even run this game?

I figured it out and yes of course it can run this game, lol

pr_capone 08-26-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8855471)

Why of course? You may have been running an old mac for all he knew. :p

Pants 08-26-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8855471)

Why are you loling? What processor and video card is in it?

hometeam 08-27-2012 03:16 AM

The game is new but has a few bugs, at this very moment I am running around with infinite swiftness (+33% speed)

If i zone out, i lose the buff, but if i kill a mob it comes back! I have the 5s swiftness on kill rune on my wep but somehow its bugged.

AndChiefs 08-27-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8856226)
The game is new but has a few bugs, at this very moment I am running around with infinite swiftness (+33% speed)

If i zone out, i lose the buff, but if i kill a mob it comes back! I have the 5s swiftness on kill rune on my wep but somehow its bugged.

I've got the same rune. Not complaining. :)

Bump 08-27-2012 10:10 AM

well it only took 12 hours for me to download, was able to play when I woke up this morning at least. I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. The game seems pretty deep, which is nice. The game runs like a top on my mac!

Valiant 08-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8854344)
Nothing to do with GW2, but I've noticed there aren't many people that play mmos that also watch sports regularly. It's really sad.

You are talking to the wrong people.

Most are adults, they do not chat in open chat. They play while watching sportss on the bigscreen.

The vocal group is the kids/tweens..

Setsuna 08-27-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8856746)
You are talking to the wrong people.

Most are adults, they do not chat in open chat. They play while watching sportss on the bigscreen.

The vocal group is the kids/tweens..

Oh....well dang. Screw those kids.

jspchief 08-27-2012 09:05 PM

BTW, the voice acting is brutal in this game. Not a biggie, but every cut scene makes me cringe.

Pants 08-27-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8858176)
BTW, the voice acting is brutal in this game. Not a biggie, but every cut scene makes me cringe.

LOL, yeah, I noticed that too.

Killed my 1st world boss (Shadow Behemoth in the Queensdale swamp) - that was a pretty epic fight that ended up in a big ass chest being spawned. It contained 2 greens and 3 blues in it. BTW, why the **** did ArenaNet have to switch the colors from the now almost-standard MMO "green --> blue ---> purple" hierarchy?

Also, the crafting looks to be ****ing crazy. Almost too much work at first glance.

Javabean 08-28-2012 01:04 AM

The crafting isn't all that complicated. It's harder to explain than to actually do, so I recommend just going through the guide posted above and trying it. I think you'll find that reading the guide makes it sound complicated, but once you do it, it's pretty straightforward. It gives really good XP and you don't have to grind anything. I've been enjoying it so far. It's not as good as SWG's system, but it's better than any other MMO's that I've seen recently.

Also, ArenaNet will be hosting launch events on Saturday, Sept. 1st, in Seattle, Austin, Orlando, New York, and Los Angeles. Can I get a booyah from my Austin homies?

Javabean 08-28-2012 08:40 AM

So, ArenaNet's been handing out 3 day bans for offensive character names or offensive chat. The ArenaNet support team posted a thread on reddit (warning: NSFW language) to explain the bans and give further explanations to players who thought they were banned unfairly.

Besides the hilarity around redditors getting outed for offensive and childish language, it's worth noting that some of the bans are in response to accounts being hacked.

Stanley Nickels 08-28-2012 03:28 PM

Just joined Yak's Bend. I'm BRAND new to GW, so what should I do now? I'm Asura Mesmer. I gotta do some work for the next couple hours, then will be back on.

AndChiefs 08-28-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8860010)
Just joined Yak's Bend. I'm BRAND new to GW, so what should I do now? I'm Asura Mesmer. I gotta do some work for the next couple hours, then will be back on.

I was brand new as well. Send "Tyterion Selmy" a privare message if he's around when you're on. He can help you out.

I'd do it myself but can't play during the week.

Stanley Nickels 08-28-2012 04:38 PM

i tried to add him as a friend- ID not found?

AndChiefs 08-28-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8860172)
i tried to add him as a friend- ID not found?

Might have to be online for it to work. I added him when he was online. Try sending him a mail to add you if he gets on? That might work.

Stanley Nickels 08-28-2012 05:45 PM

Ugh, my GFX card always does this obnoxious thing where it completely freezes and the sound stutters with whatever sound it was playing at the moment of the freeze.. I always have to wait like a minute for it to recover. I have no idea what's doing it; I've updated my drivers (for the GTX 450 TI), Windows 7, and pretty much everything else.

*sigh*

Stanley Nickels 08-28-2012 06:00 PM

Added a few of you on there..

AndChiefs 08-28-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8860299)
Added a few of you on there..

I'm Brimian on there if you want to add me as well.

Pants 08-28-2012 06:36 PM

Yeah, man, I'll be on later tonight. What's your in game name, Stanley?

Stanley Nickels 08-28-2012 07:23 PM

My account name is linearmantis

Character name is Othellarian

Pants 08-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8860542)
My account name is linearmantis

Character name is Othellarian

OK. I'm getting on now, will try and add you.

Canofbier 08-28-2012 09:11 PM

My account's name is Canofbier, and my character's name is Canofbier.

-Canofbier

pr_capone 08-28-2012 09:14 PM

muahahahahahaha

got my second card in. Have everything set to max with the exception of super sampling and I am running a smooth 48 FPS. niiiiiiiice.

hometeam 08-29-2012 03:54 PM

Stanley i noticed you talking to me the other day and replied.

Capone - With the new nvidia drivers I am getting something between 90-170 fps depending on where I am :D - This is on all settings max! Hooray for 6 series keplar GPUs now being taken advantage of!

Be sure to check out our stream www.twitch.tv/tr1age if I am online I am usually in the stream channel with the broadcaster.

If you guys have not tried it yet WvW is EPIC its such HUGE fights, and of course tons of fun becuase I am laying people out!

Also feel free to check out our community at www.alttabme.com if you think its a fit you can apply, as recruiting has reopened!

pr_capone 08-29-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8862570)
Capone - With the new nvidia drivers I am getting something between 90-170 fps depending on where I am :D - This is on all settings max! Hooray for 6 series keplar GPUs now being taken advantage of!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3486/...ee2127f7bc.jpg

:p

hometeam 08-30-2012 11:13 AM

hahaha im sorry. just excited that im getting the performance i payed for finally :P

BTW i saw some people in the livestream chatbox trying to get ahold of me.. I usually dont look at the chat while playing, I was the party necro who kept surviving~

pr_capone 08-30-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8864575)
hahaha im sorry. just excited that im getting the performance i payed for finally :P

BTW i saw some people in the livestream chatbox trying to get ahold of me.. I usually dont look at the chat while playing, I was the party necro who kept surviving~

I'm bustin balls man... no worries. :D

Valiant 08-30-2012 06:53 PM

Hehe, I love how everyone gets credit.. I tagged this big ass ogre thing in some cave and brought him to the spawn node.. Took about 40 people 5-8mins to kill him..

Javabean 08-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8866190)
Hehe, I love how everyone gets credit.. I tagged this big ass ogre thing in some cave and brought him to the spawn node.. Took about 40 people 5-8mins to kill him..

Yeah, that's a great feature, along with how the resource nodes can be harvested by everyone. I loved that in DCUO, too. It makes the games so much more fun when you can help people out without worrying whether someone's going to get mad. It just makes for a friendlier PVE experience.

Also, ArenaNet posted a status update on reddit a few hours ago. Looks like they're going after hackers and exploiters pretty hard.

chasedude 08-30-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 8866552)
Yeah, that's a great feature, along with how the resource nodes can be harvested by everyone. I loved that in DCUO, too. It makes the games so much more fun when you can help people out without worrying whether someone's going to get mad. It just makes for a friendlier PVE experience.

Also, ArenaNet posted a status update on reddit a few hours ago. Looks like they're going after hackers and exploiters pretty hard.

Arenanet has been on the ball about all the open issues. They've been really transparent on what is being working on and what's the next fix on the horizon. Despite the problems with mail, and the trading post, this has been one of the smoothest launches I've seen.

hometeam 08-31-2012 08:28 AM

3k accounts perma-banned for exploiting the norn culture weapon vendor.. Kripparian was banned mid-stream for 3 days for exploiting a way to make chili peppers~

TBH, I have been exploiting the SHIT out of the infinite swiftness bug (still hasnt been fixed as of this posting btw)

I logged in last night half expecting to see my account suspended for a few days :P

It wasnt~

AndChiefs 08-31-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8867760)
3k accounts perma-banned for exploiting the norn culture weapon vendor.. Kripparian was banned mid-stream for 3 days for exploiting a way to make chili peppers~

TBH, I have been exploiting the SHIT out of the infinite swiftness bug (still hasnt been fixed as of this posting btw)

I logged in last night half expecting to see my account suspended for a few days :P

It wasnt~

Swiftness wasn't working for me as of a couple hours ago.

Bump 08-31-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8867760)

It wasnt~

what is the exploit?

hometeam 08-31-2012 02:14 PM

Easy.

Now, I cant remember the name of the sigil, but it is the sigil that gives 5 sec of swiftness after killing an enemy.

1. Apply sigil to unused slot on weapon.
2. Kill enemy with said weapon
3. Profit

What I mean by profit is that for whatever reason, the swiftness sticks until you zone out. All you have to do is kill another mob and your infinite swiftness returns. I have been infinite swiftness since day 1 of headstart up until I logged out last night. I know its going to be fixed, but while I can, I am taking the 33% higher runspeed boost without complaint~

Bump 08-31-2012 09:08 PM

I really need help. I get about 40 FPS in PvE, not ideal, but fine. When I play PvP and WvW I get 5-10 FPS. This is obviously unplayable. I thought this game ran fine until I started PvPing.

I run windows 7 via bootcamp on my imac.

specs:

3.06 ghz intel core i3 processor
4GB of 1333mhz DDR3 SDRAM, supports up to 16 GB
500 GB serial ATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor

when I went to can u run it, it says I can play this game at highest settings. I play Diablo 3 in highest settings on OS/X.

So is there anything I can do or am I just SOL?

Thank you very much for any help, I really want to get into this game, it seems great, but I can't play it at 5-10 FPS in PvP and I love PvP.

I've updated all of the drivers, tried unistalling current ones then downloading the new ones for the graphics card.

I don't know what to do, honeslty. I can't go buy a new computer right now

jspchief 08-31-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8868174)
what is the exploit?

I heard the tier 2 armor was selling for like 30 karma

Pants 08-31-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8869525)
I really need help. I get about 40 FPS in PvE, not ideal, but fine. When I play PvP and WvW I get 5-10 FPS. This is obviously unplayable. I thought this game ran fine until I started PvPing.

I run windows 7 via bootcamp on my imac.

specs:

3.06 ghz intel core i3 processor
4GB of 1333mhz DDR3 SDRAM, supports up to 16 GB
500 GB serial ATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor

when I went to can u run it, it says I can play this game at highest settings. I play Diablo 3 in highest settings on OS/X.

So is there anything I can do or am I just SOL?

Thank you very much for any help, I really want to get into this game, it seems great, but I can't play it at 5-10 FPS in PvP and I love PvP.

I've updated all of the drivers, tried unistalling current ones then downloading the new ones for the graphics card.

I don't know what to do, honeslty. I can't go buy a new computer right now

Your video card and processor are outdated, man. I would recommend a Radeon 6870 as the minimum (it's around $150). I'm running a 6970 and thinking of getting another one, but I don't know if it's really worth it at this time. Grabbing another 4 gigs of RAM probably wouldn't hurt either.

Processors are much harder to upgrade, though.

Bump 09-01-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8869721)
Your video card and processor are outdated, man. I would recommend a Radeon 6870 as the minimum (it's around $150). I'm running a 6970 and thinking of getting another one, but I don't know if it's really worth it at this time. Grabbing another 4 gigs of RAM probably wouldn't hurt either.

Processors are much harder to upgrade, though.

ya, I figured it's the graphics card. Oh well, I'll just play this till TL2 comes out I guess.

hometeam 09-01-2012 11:14 AM

Yep. Graphics card is OLD. Processor is acceptable. you can get a 6870 right now around 100 bucks

thecoffeeguy 09-01-2012 03:16 PM

I went to go buy this today online, only be told it was sold out. I thought that was odd.
I did some digging to find out that, they are not in fact "sold out", but they halted sales because of some serious security issues currently going on....thats concerning.

I guess users who bought the game are receiving A TON of phishing emails...

Kinda sucks as i wanted to try it. Little concerning because makes me think ArenaNet was breached and all those email accounts were harvested.

Pants 09-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8870864)
I went to go buy this today online, only be told it was sold out. I thought that was odd.
I did some digging to find out that, they are not in fact "sold out", but they halted sales because of some serious security issues currently going on....thats concerning.

Kinda sucks as i wanted to try it. Little concerning because makes me think ArenaNet was breached and all those email accounts were harvested.

Damn, that sucks.

Valiant 09-01-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8870864)

Yeah, I got the email.. Basically, the scammers are using their database of all past mmo's emails and passwords and trying to get into accounts..

jspchief 09-01-2012 09:23 PM

So a couple things about crafting...

If you're putting off crafting, reconsider. If you stay on top of it the gear you make is good. I have pieces sitting in my bag waiting for when I hit 20. And with discoveries you can focus on stat stacking (ie precision for me) instead of just equipping the best of what drops with random stats.

Also, with effective leveling, you don't gain a lot by putting it off. It's not like you can go back and start 1-shotting lvl 5 mobs to farm mats. Power leveling a profession won't be as fast as it might be in other games.

Also curious about salvage kits. I've been using the kits a few steps above the cheapest one, and I'm not sure I see much difference. I get what the tooltip claims, but does anyone have info on how to select the right salvage kit for what you are salvaging?

Valiant 09-02-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8871780)
So a couple things about crafting...

If you're putting off crafting, reconsider. If you stay on top of it the gear you make is good. I have pieces sitting in my bag waiting for when I hit 20. And with discoveries you can focus on stat stacking (ie precision for me) instead of just equipping the best of what drops with random stats.

Also, with effective leveling, you don't gain a lot by putting it off. It's not like you can go back and start 1-shotting lvl 5 mobs to farm mats. Power leveling a profession won't be as fast as it might be in other games.

Also curious about salvage kits. I've been using the kits a few steps above the cheapest one, and I'm not sure I see much difference. I get what the tooltip claims, but does anyone have info on how to select the right salvage kit for what you are salvaging?

I have salvaged about a 100items with the 3rd tier one and I do not see a difference between the cheapest one.. It could be bugged.. Of course it might also matter the higher level you get.. I mean, there is not hardly any good items in the lower levels to salvage maybe??

My problem, is the AH still being down.. my bank is full of gear and mats I don't use.. I need that thing up so I can make more then what the vendor price is..

Also, it is a bug or weird luck.. Out questing, my bags got full.. Then proceeded to get 2yellows,5greens and 7 blues in like 15 kills of normals mobs, which made me delete shit gear I vendor.. I will try replicating it again.. But it was a fun while it lasted, got three upgrades from that little two minute killing spree..

jspchief 09-02-2012 12:21 AM

Also forgot to mention, crafting stations also serve as bank access. Take advantage of it when you are in a place that has them.