ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peyton “looked real good” throwing to new Broncos teammates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257791)

Ugly Duck 06-12-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8675343)
If Manning read CP, he would know that he's healthier than he's been in half a decade. What a dumbshit.

..................................ROFL:LOL:.............................................

Terrel Pryor camp report:

"Terrell Pryor continued to have issues. Same old dead horse, really. Floating long balls, low/behind on short passes, etc.. He also had a fumbled exchange on a handoff to Taiwan Jones. To his credit, he did pick it up in seven on seven drills and completed some nice passes. But once the linemen came in and the rush was coming, he was caught holding the ball too long and would have been sacked a couple times."

Quesadilla Joe 06-12-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8675304)
Peyton Manning says he still has work to do
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 12, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Peyton Manning AP

On the list of things Denver coach John Fox is worried about, Twitter pictures of playbooks are low on the list.

Maybe the notably conservative coach is relaxed because his quarterback continues to make good progress.

Peyton Manning told USA Today’s Jim Corbett he feels good after a Monday check-up with Broncos doctors, but stressed he was not yet 100 percent.

“I still have a lot of work to do,” Manning said. “I continue to rehab. I have work to do and progress that I still need to make.”

Corbett’s report said Manning showed good velocity, completing a 30-yard pass to Demaryius Thomas during practice. But Manning pumped the brakes, probably hesitant to get anyone’s hopes too high after a year off.

“I can’t emphasize enough that I still have rehab to do,” Manning said. “That’s still part of the process.”

The Broncos are doing everything they can to make Manning comfortable, even inviting his old offensive coordinator Tom Moore to practice (Moore and Fox worked together in Pittsburgh in 1989).

And if Manning can continue to make progress, Fox might be so happy he’ll start Tweeting himself.

LMAO

You just posted this because of the headline. The article was extremely positive and I bet you didn't even bother reading it.

Chiefshrink 06-13-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8494722)
I know he's never really looked like an NFL player (ala Montana) but even still I thought he looked a bit frail.

http://director.denverpost.com/p.php...2&m=1332785482

Hell, Montana never looked the part either. Manning better be looking good since these are just shell workouts with no real D pressure:rolleyes:

One hit away from retirement OR he will have a Priest Holmes comeback epipheny thought of "Shit, this next play could paralyze me forever, I'm done !!:shake:

InChiefsHeaven 06-13-2012 05:59 AM

An 80% Payton Manning is better than anything we have. Dammit.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8676423)
An 80% Payton Manning is better than anything we have. Dammit.

True. But, it's not good enough to even win the division, let alone a Super Bowl. Still one flawed as hell team, that would need a Manning close to his prime days to compete.

suds79 06-13-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8676549)
True. But, it's not good enough to even win the division, let alone a Super Bowl. Still one flawed as hell team, that would need a Manning close to his prime days to compete.

??

They won the division last year with Tim Tebow. Now it wouldn't be good enough to win the division?

BigCatDaddy 06-13-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8676554)
??

They won the division last year with Tim Tebow. Now it wouldn't be good enough to win the division?

It's possible they can win the division, but last year has little to do with this year. Teams improve, schedules change, bounces go or don't go your way and as we know key players get hurt.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

??

JFC. That was one of the biggest fluke seasons I've ever seen. They ran a Pop Warner offense and had some of the biggest breaks seen in a while for pete's sake. I doubt guys run out of bounds to stop the clock when all they need to do is fall over to win the game this year.

They were so confident they could repeat it, so they sent thier 1st round drafted QB packing and signed a guy with a broken neck.

vailpass 06-13-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8676549)

LMAO precious

DaKCMan AP 06-13-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

??

Last place schedule vs. first place schedule may make a difference.

ToxSocks 06-13-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8676695)
LMAO precious

Indeed.

8-8 Won the division last year. I hate the Donks and Manning as much as the next guy....but lets get real here....

Hammock Parties 06-13-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fine Uncut Meat (Post 8495646)
"Oh yeah...you're looking GOOD Peyton."

http://i40.tinypic.com/34gaql1.jpg

Bumping this cus I can't stop thinking about it when i read the thread title.

Mile High Mania 06-13-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8676703)
Last place schedule vs. first place schedule may make a difference.

We do this every year... last year, there wasn't a great deal of difference with the schedules of the AFCW teams, same for this year. Based on 2011, Denver has the 'first place' schedule while KC has the 'last place schedule'.

Take out the AFCW games...

Denver Home: Steelers, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Browns
KC Home: Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Panthers, Colts

Denver Away: Falcons, Patriots, Bengals, Panthers, Ravens
KC Away: Bills, Saints, Bucs, Steelers, Browns

Texans at Denver vs Colts at KC
Denver at Patriots vs KC at Bills

Those are the main differences... KC gets the matchup edge there for sure, but there a lot of tough games for both teams.

tooge 06-13-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8676779)
We do this every year... last year, there wasn't a great deal of difference with the schedules of the AFCW teams, same for this year. Based on 2011, Denver has the 'first place' schedule while KC has the 'last place schedule'.

Take out the AFCW games...

Denver Home: Steelers, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Browns
KC Home: Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Panthers, Colts

Denver Away: Falcons, Patriots, Bengals, Panthers, Ravens
KC Away: Bills, Saints, Bucs, Steelers, Browns

Texans at Denver vs Colts at KC
Denver at Patriots vs KC at Bills

Those are the main differences... KC gets the matchup edge there for sure, but there a lot of tough games for both teams.

You are missing the bigger difference, and that is the fact that all of most of KC's tough opponents (ATL, BAL, CIN) they get at home, while Denver gets 4 of its 5 toughest on the road. That could be a two game swing right there.

vailpass 06-13-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8676846)
You are missing the bigger difference, and that is the fact that all of most of KC's tough opponents (ATL, BAL, CIN) they get at home, while Denver gets 4 of its 5 toughest on the road. That could be a two game swing right there.

Matt Cassell

Rooster 06-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8676847)
Matt Cassell

That's Pro Bowler Matt Cassell buddy. :D

vailpass 06-13-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 8676869)
That's Pro Bowler Matt Cassell buddy. :D

:D I stand corrected

Mile High Mania 06-13-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8676846)

Enh, I don't think I'd call it a monumental difference... especially with Peyton Freaking Manning. :harumph:

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 11:36 AM

His OC of 13 years, yesterday said that Peyton looks like he does on June 12th of any year of his career. Good luck Chiefs

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 11:37 AM

Holy crap, I wasted 10K on this turd of a thread :facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8676997)
His OC of 13 years, yesterday said that Peyton looks like he does on June 12th of any year of his career. Good luck Chiefs

Congrats King of naive. They really have you guys buying into this and suckin down pitchers of Orange and Blueberry ROFL

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8677008)
Congrats King of naive. They really have you guys buying into this and suckin down pitchers of Orange and Blueberry ROFL

Don't worry friend. they'll be room on the bandwagon when the time comes.

vailpass 06-13-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8677008)

The guy who has Matt Cassell, Brian Dabboll and Romeo Crennell, hasn't won a playoff since leather helmets, has stood by and watched while Denver, San Diego and Oakland have gone to Superbowls, yet thinks he has the standing to run smack is calling someone naive?
LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8677033)
The guy who has Matt Cassell, Brian Dabboll and Romeo Crennell, hasn't won a playoff since leather helmets, has stood by and watched while Denver, San Diego and Oakland have gone to Superbowls, yet thinks he has the standing to run smack is calling someone naive?
LMAO

I haven't done crap. I just watch the games...and laugh at delusional Bronco fans along the way.

Your boys need to "lube up". They are going to need it.

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8677039)
I haven't done crap. I just watch the games...and laugh at delusional Bronco fans along the way.

Your boys need to "lube up". They are going to need it.

You can bring your lube on the bandwagon. But we wait until we get home to have sex with our women. We don't typically do it in the parkinglot.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 11:56 AM

I thought you did that on the field? The cries of incomplete from unsatisifed women?

Mile High Mania 06-13-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8677033)
...stood by and watched while Denver, San Diego and Oakland have gone to Superbowls...
LMAO

Don't forget about the Seahawks, they reached the SB after leaving the AFCW, but should be mentioned since they were in the AFCW back when KC toppled the Houston Oilers so many years ago.

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8677062)
I thought you did that on the field? The cries of incomplete from unsatisifed women?

that's a negative.

Rausch 06-13-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8677055)
You can bring your lube on the bandwagon. But we wait until we get home to have sex with our women. We don't typically do it in the parkinglot.

ROFL

Quesadilla Joe 06-13-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Manning freezes the safety with a pump fake and then hits Demaryius Thomas on a 50 yard TD pass up the sideline. Dude is sick
https://twitter.com/BrandonSpano/sta...71508111388672

Quote:

Nice 2 min drill for Manning - beautiful deep completions to Decker and Thomas, one each to right and left sidelines ‪#broncos
https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/stat...71586888810496

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 12:32 PM

Sweet, Denver's D sucks again!!!

Arrow 06-13-2012 02:51 PM

We're going to own the West this year!. WF has the Chargers and the Broncos only going 8-8, and let's not even talk about the Raiders :P

Okie_Apparition 06-13-2012 03:41 PM

The team will be tebowing for Prayaton Manning

Quesadilla Joe 06-13-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 8677522)
We're going to own the West this year!. WF has the Chargers and the Broncos only going 8-8, and let's not even talk about the Raiders :P

The Donks are the only team in the division who upgraded their roster significantly this offseason. They also happen to be the reigning division champs. Predicting anybody else to win the division is foolish, IMO.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-13-2012 04:10 PM

ROFL Ease up on the magic mushroom meatloaf. If Charles is healthy, KC sweeps Denver and Oakland last year. Hell, they'll probably do it this year if he's back to form. Most complete team in the division.

Quesadilla Joe 06-13-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8677728)
ROFL Ease up on the magic mushroom meatloaf. If Charles is healthy, KC sweeps Denver and Oakland last year. Hell, they'll probably do it this year if he's back to form. Most complete team in the division.

Our Chiefs also have the worst QB in the division and one of the worst coaching staffs in the league. And when you factor in the Bowe drama, a new offense, and having three of our best players being unsure if they can trust their bodies after blowing their knees out, you have the recipe for an extremely frustrating season.

Backwards Masking 06-13-2012 07:09 PM

Peyton can't play outdoors and is old with neck problems. He rode his defense and a BS roughing the passing call that won him the AFC Championship to his one super bowl win (going 3 -7 TD - INT ratio while at it).

**** denver, bronco homers and **** peyton. he'll never be half the QB his Little Brother is.

BossChief 06-13-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8677719)
The Donks are the only team in the division who upgraded their roster significantly this offseason. They also happen to be the reigning division champs. Predicting anybody else to win the division is foolish, IMO.

If this isnt in jest/attempt to troll, you aren't all there.

Charles
Berry
Moeaki
Boss
Hillis
Winston

That's 6 MASSIVE upgrades over what KC had at those spots last year and all of them look to play big roles right away.

BossChief 06-13-2012 07:55 PM

If someone gets a little free time they should total up Peytons stats against Romeo teams over his career.

I looked at the last 3 or 4 games and it didn't look good for Manning.

In fact, he got owned.

Romeo has been like kryptonite to Manning.

Here's the thing...Romeo can turn Manning into Cassel, but I doubt he can turn Cassel into Manning.

RealSNR 06-13-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8677759)
Our Chiefs also have the worst QB in the division and one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

I just figured it out.

You're a Clay mult.

Thank God. I've been trying to figure that one out for a few years now.

Quesadilla Joe 06-13-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8678122)
If this isnt in jest/attempt to troll, you aren't all there.

Charles
Berry
Moeaki
Boss
Hillis
Winston

That's 6 MASSIVE upgrades over what KC had at those spots last year and all of them look to play big roles right away.

Getting injured players back doesn't count. Winston was a good get and Hillis and Boss are solid backups but I wouldn't say we significantly improved. I would say we stayed the same more than anything.

The Donk's signed a HOF QB and improved at corner, DT, TE, WR, and brought in Jack Del Rio to coach the defense. That is what I would call a significant improvement.

The Mayor 07-26-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

@MikePereira: If a QB in shotgun formation thrusts his hands forward while taking a step, the snap must occur at the same time. If not its a false start.
Quote:

@MikePereira: This is a point of emphasis and not a rule change. Peyton and many others that have imitated him must change their ways. Good emphasis.
They are going to start calling the QB false start again. Peyton does this a lot. I doubt they really call it on him though. They've changed enough rules on his behalf.

O.city 07-26-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8678254)
Getting injured players back doesn't count. Winston was a good get and Hillis and Boss are solid backups but I wouldn't say we significantly improved. I would say we stayed the same more than anything.

The Donk's signed a HOF QB and improved at corner, DT, TE, WR, and brought in Jack Del Rio to coach the defense. That is what I would call a significant improvement.

Isn't Denver gettin an injured player back?

The fact that the shit you brought in at TE and DT is an improvement is laughable.

aturnis 07-27-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8678254)

How doesn't it count? The boost this team gets from Charles, Berry and Moeaki is huge. The Chiefs almost won the division without them, they should fair pretty damned well with them.

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8770793)
How doesn't it count? The boost this team gets from Charles, Berry and Moeaki is huge. The Chiefs almost won the division without them, they should fair pretty damned well with them.

You guys aren't a better team than you were two years ago. You are pretty much the exact same team.

Denver OTOH has improved greatly on the OL, DL, CB, QB, TE, S, and RB spots.

Hammock Parties 07-27-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8770799)
You guys aren't a better team than you were two years ago. You are pretty much the exact same team.

What? You don't think Jonathan Baldwin and Justin Houston are the second coming of Moss and Merriman?

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8770801)
What? You don't think Jonathan Baldwin and Justin Houston are the second coming of Moss and Merriman?

It is kind of crazy how the Chiefs haven't improved at all in two years. The only area I can honestly say the Chiefs have improved is on the OL, because of Winston.

Ebolapox 07-27-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8770803)
It is kind of crazy how the Chiefs haven't improved at all in two years. The only area I can honestly say the Chiefs have improved is on the OL, because of Winston.

ROFL

if you'd made the moves we've made, you'd be shitting your pants with delight.

Otter 07-27-2012 12:45 AM

He looks like he could still swing the ball as long as he doesn't get hit. Tamba gonna smash that fool!!! The Joe Montana experiment part II.

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 8770805)
ROFL

if you'd made the moves we've made, you'd be shitting your pants with delight.

What moves?

Who have you brought in that makes your team significantly better than it was in 2010?

The only difference between the 2010 Chiefs and the 2012 Chiefs in my eyes is that three of your best players are now coming off ACL tears.

Ebolapox 07-27-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8770812)
What moves?

Who have you brought in that makes your team significantly better than it was in 2010?

The only difference between the 2010 Chiefs and the 2012 Chiefs in my eyes is that three of your best players are now coming off ACL tears.

justin houston, relieving pressure on hali by giving us a complementary pass-rusher

jon baldwin. you know, the rich man's demaryius thomas

eric winston for obvious reasons.

rodney hudson. you know, just possibly will shields v 2.0

dontari poe/jerrell powe. one of them will be a dominant NT, ya know

stanford routt. return him to a scheme that maximizes his talent.

allen bailey, the d-line depth you guys would cream your pants for.

ricky stanzi. you'll be WISHING you had stanzi in less than two years.

shane bannon. white fullbacks don't grow on trees, man. NOT ON TREES!

devon wylie. THE NEXT AND CURRENT WES WELKER

cyrus gray: BETTER THAN ANY OF YOUR RBS

choke on it, doucher. (and yes, this was the homer/smartass version of a knowmo post)

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 01:06 AM

But seriously, are the Chiefs a better team right now than they were in 2010?

I'm not trolling. I don't think they are. They had Weis, Crennel, and Haley in 2010 and have Crennel and Daboll now.

The Chiefs are better at WR now with Breaston but I'm not sold on Baldwin.

The Chiefs are better at RT but have a lot of young guys on the interior of the OL.

The defense is pretty much the same minus Carr...

I don't see a significant improvement. I see the same team.

Hammock Parties 07-27-2012 01:13 AM

Manning: He looks fantastic. I don't know what the complaints about him are or were, but his throws had zip, were on time and accurate. I counting three throws that were off. One was a little behind the receiver, one was an overthrow on an out to the running back, and the two others were a bit low.

I should point out again I didn't see every throw. I just saw four bad ones. There were an exceptionally large number of incredible ones. He checks down quickly. He looks players off and makes throws with his peripheral vision. His favorite targets are Tamme and Decker. More on those later. He stays in his pocket and steps into the rush to plant and make the throw. Manning is as advertised, or many NOT as advertised since all I've heard is he's weak, rusty and one hit from being a headless corpse. It was so weird seeing him under center. He made some really great throws.

Chiefs=Champions 07-27-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8770823)

I'm not trolling. I don't think they are. They had Weis, Crennel, and Haley in 2010 and have Crennel and Daboll now.

The Chiefs are better at RT but have a lot of young guys on the interior of the OL.

Its understandable that you dont really have a good grasp on the chiefs.

I would argue that we are better at every single position. Not just through the adding of talent through free agency and the draft, but the development of our current players.

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8770832)
Its understandable that you dont really have a good grasp on the chiefs.

I would argue that we are better at every single position. Not just through the adding of talent through free agency and the draft, but the development of our current players.

You would know better than I would.

From the outside looking in, the Chiefs look the same to me.

ChiefAshhole20 07-27-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8770841)
You would know better than I would.

From the outside looking in, the Chiefs look the same to me.

This team is far deeper and improved from the 2010 team. The only dropoff from 10 I would consider is the Carr/Routt. Which players from 10 would you put on this team now that would actually improve the talent? Starters or bench. Chris Chambers? Mike Vrabel? Ron Edwards? Tim Castile? Alex Magee??

Chronic 07-27-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

I think they are, but not by much

They lost their starting center and playing a rookie there that has absolutey zero experience snapping balls in the NFL

They have a new OC- one that might possibly be as bad in his job as Cassell is, if that were ever possible

New HC

They lost Eric Carr and replaced him with the lead league penalty CB

Nobody knows exactly how well Charles is recovering-it appears Berry is on a faster recovering track than Charles

But as was mentioned before- The Chiefs defense was actually better last year when Berry was out than it was when he was playing in 2010

Much tougher schedule

To many question marks on the coaching staff

And finally

Matt Cassell -

I'd be surprised if the Chiefs won 2 of their 1st 6 games- that's a brutal 6 game stretch- I think the writers of KC will go to town on that team by week 7.. calling for Stanzi, is Crennell "over his head"?? etc.. they'll have a field day with the Chiefs in the press and it might take the wind outta that team by week 7 to effectively rebound by then

1-5 heading into the bye

Chronic 07-27-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8770828)
Manning: He looks fantastic. I don't know what the complaints about him are or were, but his throws had zip, were on time and accurate. I counting three throws that were off. One was a little behind the receiver, one was an overthrow on an out to the running back, and the two others were a bit low.

Thats not difficult to accomplish when it's 7 on 7 drills and theres no pressure coming at him and he has all day to throw

3rd string QB's look great in those drills

The Mayor 07-27-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8770877)

They lost their starting center and playing a rookie there that has absolutey zero experience snapping balls in the NFL

They have a new OC- one that might possibly be as bad in his job as Cassell is, if that were ever possible

New HC

Nobody knows exactly how well Charles is recovering-it appears Berry is on a faster recovering track than Charles

But as was mentioned before- The Chiefs defense was actually better last year when Berry was out than it was when he was playing in 2010

Much tougher schedule

And finally

Matt Cassell -

I'd be surprised if the Chiefs won 2 of their 1st 6 games- that's a brutal 6 game stretch- I think the writers of KC will go to town on that team by week 7.. calling for Stanzi, is Crennell "over his head"?? etc.. they'll have a field day with the Chiefs in the press and it might take the wind outta that team by week 7 to effectively rebound by then

1-5 heading into the bye

:spock: You've got to be kidding me. Eric Carr... Is he some 3rd stringer I forgot about?

warrior 07-27-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

The only part of your post anyone could could agree with.

Predarat 07-27-2012 06:40 AM

Hope he looks real good in the Press box after someone goes Nawlin Saints on his ass.

MahiMike 07-27-2012 06:43 AM

Broncos finish dead last in the AFCW!

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

ROFL You know nothing Jon Snowshon

Dante84 07-27-2012 09:00 AM

Who the **** is Eric Carr?

durtyrute 07-27-2012 09:27 AM

ghey

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 09:53 AM

Dorsey, Shaun Smith, Jackson > Dorsey, Poe, Jackson

Hali, Belcher, DJ, Vrabel = Hali, Belicher, DJ, Houston

Flowers, Carr, Berry, McGraw? > Flowers, Routte, Berry, Lewis?

2010 OL < 2012 OL
2010 WR < 2012 WR (If Bowe shows)
2010 RB's = 2012 RB's
2010 QB > 2012 QB

2010 coaching staff > 2012 coaching staff

CoMoChief 07-27-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8771281)
Dorsey, Shaun Smith, Jackson > Dorsey, Poe, Jackson

Hali, Belcher, DJ, Vrabel = Hali, Belicher, DJ, Houston

Flowers, Carr, Berry, McGraw? > Flowers, Routte, Berry, Lewis?

2010 OL < 2012 OL
2010 WR < 2012 WR (If Bowe shows)
2010 RB's = 2012 RB's
2010 QB > 2012 QB

2010 coaching staff > 2012 coaching staff

You think slow dick Vrabel is better than Houston? LMAO

and just the fact of not having McGraw back there in the secondary makes this year's secondary better than 2010.

Oline is better

Hillis > Jones

Radar Chief 07-27-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 8771143)
Who the **** is Eric Carr?

Mark Castle sucks.

Quesadilla Joe 07-27-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8771295)
You think slow dick Vrabel is better than Houston? LMAO

and just the fact of not having McGraw back there in the secondary makes this year's secondary better than 2010.

Oline is better

Hillis > Jones

I said the 2010 LB's are = 2012 LB's

Carr > Routte 2010 Berry > 2012 Berry

2010 Charles > 2012 Charles

saphojunkie 07-27-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8771311)
I said the 2010 LB's are = 2012 LB's

2010 Hali < 2012 Hali
2010 DJ <<<< 2012 DJ
2010 Belcher < 2012 Belcher
Vrabel < Houston (lol thinking otherwise)

While we're at it,

2010 Dorsey < 2012 Dorsey
2010 Jackson < 2012 Jackson
Shaun Smith ? Poe

2010 Berr ? 2012 Berry - Berry's rookie season he missed a ton of assignments, especially on tight ends.

MagicHef 07-27-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

I went through the roster of 2010 and the expected roster for 2012 and compared PFF ratings at positions where the players are changing, using last year's rating for the upcoming season. There are five positions where the Chiefs are improved a lot, and five where the 2010 Chiefs were better. 2 of the latter were rookies last year, so improvement is certainly possible.

Improved:
Richardson->Winston +21.2
Vrabel->Houston +14.1
Chambers->Breaston +10.2
Jones->Hillis +7.4
Pope->Boss +6.2

Degraded:
Carr->Routt -15.3
Gilberry->Bailey -7.6 (Rookie last year)
Edwards->Gordon -6.4 (I don't know who will be NT, but I wouldn't expect much more than average play there, at least for Poe's rookie season, and Gordon was almost exactly average last year)
Waters->Asamoah -6.2
Copper->Baldwin -5 (Rookie last year)

I think the Chiefs will be improved, especially on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the D slips a little from 2010, both because of Routt and because Hali and Flowers put in ridiculous performances in 2010 that neither repeated in 2011. I don't know if they'll stay at their current level (which is still very good) or return to their absurdly good level of 2010.

Radar Chief 07-27-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8771314)
2010 Dorsey < 2012 Dorsey
2010 Jackson < 2012 Jackson
Shaun Smith ? Poe

Poe is gonna have to get out there and rip someone’s junk off before I’ll say he’s better than Sean Smith.

lcarus 07-27-2012 10:08 AM

We still have yet to see if Purdue Routt is better than Eric Carr.

Lzen 07-27-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Is it possible for this guy to say anything dumber (is that a word?)?

Hammock Parties 07-27-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8771316)
I think the Chiefs will be improved, especially on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the D slips a little from 2010, both because of Routt and because Hali and Flowers put in ridiculous performances in 2010 that neither repeated in 2011. I don't know if they'll stay at their current level (which is still very good) or return to their absurdly good level of 2010.

You have to account for facing a vastly increased level of competition, though.

This team, with our present starting QB, played 4 winning teams the last two years. And lost to nearly all of them?

We're in for a giant ****ing wake up call.

Lzen 07-27-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 8770877)

New HC

Much tougher schedule

And finally

Matt Cassell -

1-5 heading into the bye

- Rodney Hudson is not a rookie. He played some last year. And he actually played better than Weigman.

- Eric Carr? I didn't realize the former Kiss drummer was a free agent. But seriously, yeah, that could be an issue. I think it's a drop in talent, but not as much as some may believe.

- Chiefs defense got into a groove down the stretch of the season last year, but they were terrible early on. And even in November against Denver, they were not good. Making Houston the starter was a major improvement. Also, remember that Berry was a rookie in 2010. He is a veteran now and that should only help, IMO. Still, I would like to see a statistical comparison to prove that you're not just talking out of your butt.

- I would agree about the question marks on the coaching staff. But I don't believe anyone (not you or anybody else) knows for sure how that's gonna work out. So that's not a real argument, IMO.

MagicHef 07-27-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8771336)
You have to account for facing a vastly increased level of competition, though.

This team, with our present starting QB, played 4 winning teams the last two years. And lost to nearly all of them?

We're in for a giant ****ing wake up call.

4 winning teams out of 32 games? How is that even possible?

I did the same for the 2011 Broncos vs 2012 Broncos:

Tebow->Manning +44
Fells->Dreessen +23.2
Bunkley->Bannan -15.3

I'm very excited for this season.

lcarus 07-27-2012 12:04 PM

Manning's arm looks like my grandma's neck. Good luck with that.

Titty Meat 07-27-2012 12:14 PM

Manning can't comeback from injury but Charles, Moaki, and Berry can. Makes sense.

Brock 07-27-2012 12:19 PM

dude looks old.