ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'm now more sure than ever that Geno's going #1 overall. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271969)

MeatRock 04-11-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578887)
1. Zero knowledge of who the Chiefs will draft? According to whom? Remember, I was the first to call Andy Reid and quite a few other moves this off season. I do have insider information, and after that article came out that said the Chiefs had the draft selection narrowed down to 4 players, my insider came back and told me the number was actually 5.

2. All we are here, on this forum, is speculation. It just happens to be that I speculate a bit more logical than some of you thinking we'll draft a QB still.

3. Dorsey also didn't say that he would ONLY take the best player available, and anyone with an IQ over 75 knows that Dorsey saying that they won't draft just for need, but will take BPA, knows that he's trying not to show his cards too early or too often, so he keeps teams guessing on what HE will be doing, which brings up the trade value in an already shitty draft. The logical option here is to trade, but with such a bad draft for top picks, it would be the mark of a truly talented GM to be able to trade out of this position. So lets see what he can do. Worst case scenario, we stay at 1.1 don't draft a QB or pass rusher, and we look forward to our season.

Considering the Chiefs have had at least 3 teams contact them about a trade in this draft, I wouldn't be so certain.

1. ROFL :LOL:

2. I thought you had inside information and are not just speculating?

3. This is not a shitty draft.

O.city 04-11-2013 06:07 PM

Or, what SNR just said.

ChiefAshhole20 04-11-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578882)
I wouldn't have been upset trading for Freeman this year. IIRC, there was some talk about it.

I promise a few people would've said that about Alex Smith as well

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578902)
I jumped on CP on my phone without logging in, so I thought I'd take you off ignore long enough to respond to this.

With the universal ignore function, I don't have to read any of your drivel, or see anyone who quotes you. It's really glorious.

Anyway, carry on.

That's a very elaborate way to comment on something you didn't know was being talked about unless you saw his comment before hand, but your comment after this suggests you didn't read SNR's comment until after this quoted post, thus proving my point, I was never on your super ignore :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9578904)
1. ROFL :LOL:

2. I thought you had inside information and are not just speculating?

3. This is not a shitty draft.

I do have inside information on what we're doing, from time to to time. it isn't by the minute, and it doesn't encompass everything.

As far as the draft goes, we've had 3 teams call in interest to a draft day trade, and we've also narrowed our selection down to 5 guys, not 4 as reported by the press.

As for the draft, it IS a shitty draft for QB's and pass rushers, as just discussed. LMAO

SOLID draft for offensive linemen though!

RealSNR 04-11-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578815)
Explain? Sure.

A/B comment about all of your friends building successful teams by drafting a QB in the first round. That simply is not true.

Bullshit.

O.city 04-11-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578913)
That's a very elaborate way to comment on something you didn't know was being talked about unless you saw his comment before hand, but your comment after this suggests you didn't read SNR's comment until after this quoted post, thus proving my point, I was never on your super ignore :P

I do have inside information on what we're doing, from time to to time. it isn't by the minute, and it doesn't encompass everything.

As far as the draft goes, we've had 3 teams call in interest to a draft day trade, and we've also narrowed our selection down to 5 guys, not 4 as reported by the press.

As for the draft, it IS a shitty draft for QB's and pass rushers, as just discussed. LMAO

SOLID draft for offensive linemen though!

I didn't read it, because I didn't see it until I unblocked you. He quoted you, making it blocked.

But yeah, you were on it. But this thread is just too good for you to stay on it. It's like a car crash.

ChiefAshhole20 04-11-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578892)
How can you say that drafting Geno is the end of our QB troubles for years?

Not a single talking head in the NFL right now thinks he could start right away, and most are calling him a project, some are even mocking him out of the 2nd round.

How would drafting a career backup, end our QB troubles?

Geno has more talent than most of the QBs Reid has worked with in his tenure, if he can get as much production out of him as Reid did with Garcia, Feeley, or Kolb, our QB troubles are done for awhile. And he doesn't need to start right away, like every single Geno supporter has said on here, you sit him until he gets it or Alex is done.

Simply Red 04-11-2013 06:15 PM

Direckshun is the only interesting person I know.

More disturbing than his drug use,though, is the fact that he's engaged to SNR, the biggest dufus in the business.

MeatRock 04-11-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Not a single talking head in the NFL right now thinks he could start right away, and most are calling him a project, some are even mocking him out of the 2nd round.

You're so ****ing full of shit it's pathetic. No one is mocking Geno Smith out of the 2nd round. Maybe some dumbass that blogs it living in his mothers basement.

O.city 04-11-2013 06:17 PM

So it's 5 guys, not 4 reported by teh press and John Dorsey?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578918)
Bullshit.

You know, I could just say "Tom Brady" here, and prove your argument invalid, but instead, I'll just say Kaepernick, just to irritate you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578919)
I didn't read it, because I didn't see it until I unblocked you. He quoted you, making it blocked.

But yeah, you were on it. But this thread is just too good for you to stay on it. It's like a car crash.

Every thread I'm in is too good to ignore me in. Either I'm dead serious making solid points that idiots can't avoid arguing with, gravitating them to me like a magnet of awesomeness, OR, I'm too busy trolling those with giant egos thinking they are super smart and ahead of the rest in their knowledge of football, so that I attempt to bring them down a bit.

I'm never not entertaining.

In this case though, the point is true.

We dont' need to draft a QB in the first round of this draft with the #1 overall pick to be successful, we traded two #2's for a QB "in his prime" based on physical abilities and general QB "primes", who was a former #1. And in a draft where our current #1, would net us a #3 QB, competing for the job of #3 with a former #5 who would be a #1 this year had he been in the draft.

That's how bad this draft is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9578921)
Geno has more talent than most of the QBs Reid has worked with in his tenure, if he can get as much production out of him as Reid did with Garcia, Feeley, or Kolb, our QB troubles are done for awhile. And he doesn't need to start right away, like every single Geno supporter has said on here, you sit him until he gets it or Alex is done.

Geno is not better than Garcia, Kolb, or McNabb.

next argument.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9578938)
You're so ****ing full of shit it's pathetic. No one is mocking Geno Smith out of the 2nd round. Maybe some dumbass that blogs it living in his mothers basement.

Really? Isn't there a post here on the first page with him mocked out of the 1st round.
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578939)
So it's 5 guys, not 4 reported by teh press and John Dorsey?

Yes, 5 guys, updated after the presser.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578955)
You know, I could just say "Tom Brady" here, and prove your argument invalid, but instead, I'll just say Kaepernick, just to irritate you.

That was already addressed. Go back and try again

keg in kc 04-11-2013 06:24 PM

Even if, by chance, some team does have Geno on their board in the 2nd round, that's not "career backup" territory. He'd need to be in the Ricky Stanzi round (5) or lower for that.

And if this is a strong draft for tackles, that's a great reason to move out of 1 if you can, because you can find tackles later in the draft who aren't all that much of a drop off from the ones projected in the top 10. Although I wouldn't call it a 'strong' tackle class. I'd call it a 'deep' tackle class. It's, much like the draft as a whole, a class that doesn't really have any true blue chippers. Joeckel's a mid-late first in a stronger class. Fisher's probably still ahead of him, but borderline top 10-15. This is not a special tackle group in any sense.

(Which doesn't help our efforts to trade down)

O.city 04-11-2013 06:24 PM

So Dorsey is a liar I guess?

ChiefAshhole20 04-11-2013 06:24 PM

What is Geno not as good in compared to Garcia or Kolb? I never mentioned Mcnabb.

Simply Red 04-11-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9578963)
What is Geno not as good in compared to Garcia or Kolb? I never mentioned Mcnabb.

Why are there copies of the Style section all over the place, d-do you have a dog? A little chow or something?

ChiefAshhole20 04-11-2013 06:28 PM

I don't get it..

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 06:30 PM

Superbowl QB's since 2003:

Tom Brady
Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Hasselbeck
Peyton Manning
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Colin Kaepernick

Superbowl QB's since 2003 that were drafted in the first round:

Rex Grossman
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
A case could be made for Drew Brees even being the first pick in the second round.

7/13 were first round picks, over half, and if you count Drew Brees you get 8/13. You can say what you want about if you think Geno isn't the guy we should take, but taking one of the best QB's in a draft has worked the majority of the time the last 10 years. Also Tom Brady has played in 4 of those Superbowls where he beat Peyton and Rivers many a times so you could've almost added Rivers to that list of first rounders as well.

O.city 04-11-2013 06:32 PM

If the new regime thinks G. Smith is that guy, by all means, they should take him. If they don't, they shouldn't.

He's no Luck, sure. I don't think we will have a chance to pick a Luck for a while/if ever. IMO, Geno isn't as good as some on here bill him to be, nor is he as bad as some bill him to be.

MeatRock 04-11-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578956)
Really? Isn't there a post here on the first page with him mocked out of the 1st round.

Yes, 5 guys, updated after the presser.

Read again.

MeatRock 04-11-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Reread your own ****ing post dickbag.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9578984)

Tom Brady
Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Hasselbeck
Peyton Manning
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Colin Kaepernick

Rex Grossman
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
A case could be made for Drew Brees even being the first pick in the second round.

7/13 were first round picks, over half, and if you count Drew Brees you get 8/13. You can say what you want about if you think Geno isn't the guy we should take, but taking one of the best QB's in a draft has worked the majority of the time the last 10 years. Also Tom Brady has played in 4 of those Superbowls where he beat Peyton and Rivers many a times so you could've almost added Rivers to that list of first rounders as well.

More importantly, look at the disparity of the non first round QBs.

Tom Brady- 6th round
Jake Delhomme- undrafted
Matt Hasselbeck- 6th round
Kurt Warner- undrafted
Colin Kaepernick- 2nd round

That shit's all over the place. Yes, you CAN find late round gems, but that doesn't mean you should bank on it as a legitimate strategy for finding the right QB.

The error (that JustPassinBy and Excretor keep missing) is you can't just say, "Look at all these QBs who didn't get drafted in the first round who went to the Super Bowl! That's almost as many as the first round QBs!" They don't look at the percentages or take into account that SIX rounds (seven if you count undrafted guys) of QBs were combined to get a number that is fewer than just the one round.

Just because Brady and Warner happened doesn't mean the Chiefs can do it. If they do, then great. In the meantime, they should start looking for QBs in the first round, which is OVERWHELMINGLY the round to find your starter and franchise guy.

Tombstone RJ 04-11-2013 07:14 PM

I'd be LMAO if kc took geno #1.

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579060)
More importantly, look at the disparity of the non first round QBs.

Tom Brady- 6th round
Jake Delhomme- undrafted
Matt Hasselbeck- 6th round
Kurt Warner- undrafted
Colin Kaepernick- 2nd round

That shit's all over the place. Yes, you CAN find late round gems, but that doesn't mean you should bank on it as a legitimate strategy for finding the right QB.

The error (that JustPassinBy and Excretor keep missing) is you can't just say, "Look at all these QBs who didn't get drafted in the first round who went to the Super Bowl! That's almost as many as the first round QBs!" They don't look at the percentages or take into account that SIX rounds (seven if you count undrafted guys) of QBs were combined to get a number that is fewer than just the one round.

Just because Brady and Warner happened doesn't mean the Chiefs can do it. If they do, then great. In the meantime, they should start looking for QBs in the first round, which is OVERWHELMINGLY the round to find your starter and franchise guy.

And when you hit it, you hit it BIG. Roethlisberger was in multiple Superbowls, so were both Mannings, Aaron Rodgers will get to another one or two before that is all said and done, every draft pick is a risk but the risk at Quarterback will ALWAYS yield the sweeter reward.

Nightfyre 04-11-2013 07:15 PM

Good Lord. Who crushed Exoter with the three pound stupid bat?

B14ckmon 04-11-2013 08:00 PM

Can I get a reerun count of people who still think the chiefs will take geno?

Fat Elvis 04-11-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578993)
If the new regime thinks G. Smith is that guy, by all means, they should take him. If they don't, they shouldn't.

He's no Luck, sure. I don't think we will have a chance to pick a Luck for a while/if ever. IMO, Geno isn't as good as some on here bill him to be, nor is he as bad as some bill him to be.

That's it in a nutshell.

Simply Red 04-11-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9579207)

they're selecting LJ unfortunately.

Bowser 04-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9579276)
they're selecting LJ unfortunately.

I've never bought this, even when his name was all the hot shit. Maybe I'm just in denial.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578959)
That was already addressed. Go back and try again

/facepalm.jpg

You're so ignorant sometimes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9578960)
Even if, by chance, some team does have Geno on their board in the 2nd round, that's not "career backup" territory. He'd need to be in the Ricky Stanzi round (5) or lower for that.

And if this is a strong draft for tackles, that's a great reason to move out of 1 if you can, because you can find tackles later in the draft who aren't all that much of a drop off from the ones projected in the top 10. Although I wouldn't call it a 'strong' tackle class. I'd call it a 'deep' tackle class. It's, much like the draft as a whole, a class that doesn't really have any true blue chippers. Joeckel's a mid-late first in a stronger class. Fisher's probably still ahead of him, but borderline top 10-15. This is not a special tackle group in any sense.

(Which doesn't help our efforts to trade down)

If Stanzi were in this draft, he'd be a first round selection, that's how bad this draft is for QB's, they are all career backup caliber, but a few will likely become starters for a few years at some point, while teams wait on the next crop of QB's. Just like how Blaine Gabbert's situation sits. The guy blows donkey dick, yet he's a starter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578962)
So Dorsey is a liar I guess?

Believe it or not, teams, coaches, talent evaluators, etc. can change their minds. They can, you know, setup meetings with players (like Geno) after they announce they've narrowed it down.

Its all a rouse to drive trade pricing and trade requests anyhow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9578963)

Truthfully, we won't know until he plays. But you can't sit here and say Geno NOW, is as good as Garcia ever was, or is better than Kolb (now). As for McNabb, you can't bring up Eagles QB's that Reid has coached, and NOT talk about McNabb. That's just dumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9578984)

Tom Brady
Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Hasselbeck
Peyton Manning
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Colin Kaepernick

Rex Grossman
Donovan McNabb
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco

You don't get to count Brees, and 7 out of 13 is 1 away from LESS than half.

So while you might to try qualify your argument's verbage to make it sound like that is a lot, in a statistical sense, its almost as likely that you'll win a super bowl with a QB not picked in the first round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578993)

I stand 110% behind what the new Regime does, but I KNOW the knew Regime will NOT be picking Geno Smith.

It simply will not happen, period, end of story.

So I'm trying to help these idiots along who think that Geno will be our pick at the 1.1 understand the impossibility of Geno being selected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9579014)
Read again.

Why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9579045)
Reread your own ****ing post dickbag.

Why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9579117)
Good Lord. Who crushed Exoter with the three pound stupid bat?

Nobody, you kidding me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9579207)

Well in the hundreds on this forum.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 09:20 PM

"You're the ignorant one" he says LMAO

Exoter175 04-11-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579418)
"You're the ignorant one" he says LMAO

The basic premise of Ignorant, is to Ignore.

Its safe to say that I don't ignore a single fact, I work through them logically until a solution is given. That's how speculation works.

Believe it or not, you don't have to throw shit at a wall to see if it sticks. :thumb:

KC native 04-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579382)
If Stanzi were in this draft, he'd be a first round selection, that's how bad this draft is for QB's, they are all career backup caliber, but a few will likely become starters for a few years at some point, while teams wait on the next crop of QB's. Just like how Blaine Gabbert's situation sits. The guy blows donkey dick, yet he's a starter.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/...ee414b263b.gif

RealSNR 04-11-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579423)
The basic premise of Ignorant, is to Ignore.

Its safe to say that I don't ignore a single fact, I work through them logically until a solution is given. That's how speculation works.

Believe it or not, you don't have to throw shit at a wall to see if it sticks. :thumb:

There's no speculation involved at all right now. You're ADDING speculation to something that shouldn't be so ****ing complicated.

JustPassinBy posted something stupid. You liked it. I said it was dumb, you said "Prove it." I did. And then you posted entire novels of bullshit that doesn't matter or disprove my claim.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9579427)

I don't want to go to some random website to view an image, learn how to post images here.

PS link is messed up :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579435)
There's no speculation involved at all right now. You're ADDING speculation to something that shouldn't be so ****ing complicated.

JustPassinBy posted something stupid. You liked it. I said it was dumb, you said "Prove it." I did. And then you posted entire novels of bullshit that doesn't matter or disprove my claim.

I"m not adding to anything, I'm trying to guide the general cluster **** into a logical conclusion by taking away speculations.

As far as your analysis of JustPassinBy, you are dead ****ing wrong, and you didn't prove anything.

He made a comment that hit the nail directly on the head, which is you don't take a QB #1 overall JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT IN FOREVER. His retort, is that we haven't thrown away and forfeited every pick we have too.

The premise being, in this league you don't devalue picks and throw them away. You don't make decisions in this league based on voodoo rituals and superstitions, you make your selections or trades based upon valued evaluations upon needs and wants with any given player.

I'm sorry that you're too stupid to realize that in this league, you're not supposed to throw away picks "just because" and you don't draft a QB #1 overall because you've got the pick to do it, you make that selection because he's actually worth it.

In this draft, where there's equal talent available int he 2nd round, possibly even the 3rd, you don't draft Geno Smith overall while you have Alex Smith on your roster, costing you two second round picks.

That's logic.

I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity to see the big picture.:thumb:

RealSNR 04-11-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579446)
He made a comment that hit the nail directly on the head, which is you don't take a QB #1 overall JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT IN FOREVER. His retort, is that we haven't thrown away and forfeited every pick we have too.

Extraneous bullshit extraneous bullshit

That's not what he was saying at all.

When you call someone out on reading comprehension, it's always helpful to double-check to make sure you're not the ****ing moron.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579456)
That's not what he was saying at all.

When you call someone out on reading comprehension, it's always helpful to double-check to make sure you're not the ****ing moron.

And now I know it is true, you're a moron.

What exactly did you THINK he was saying when he made that comment about us not throwing away all of our picks?

And please don't' try to foolishly compare it again to "If your friend told you to jump off a bridge, would you?", because the comprehension here is positing an antithesis to your statement.

Whereas your retort of it being akin to jumping off a bridge is not an antithesis, and does NOT match up to the comment he made in parallel to yours.

Stupid shit.

O.city 04-11-2013 09:44 PM

I guess we need Jasonsauto to put Exoter in his place again.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579478)
I guess we need Jasonsauto to put Exoter in his place again.

Sauto has never in his life put me in my place lol.

You're talking about the same guy who called me an, and I quote, "An overeducated knowitall with your diplomas and certs" like it was a bad thing.

Or the same guy who cried like a baby when I said I wanted to meet him so I could slap the **** out of him because he got mad in a thread and started talking shit about where I live.

Sauto's a piece of dirt.

O.city 04-11-2013 09:49 PM

Men slapping men. That would be fun.

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578664)
The illogical statement was, "Why is it so important to draft a QB just because it hasn't been done in 30 years? The team also hasn't vacated all of its draft picks in 30 years, maybe it should try doing that."

That's not what I said. And, since you linked to it without actually quoting it after this, let's get the actual quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9577940)
They haven't passed up every draft pick and walked away, either. Would you recommend that just because it's change? Of course not.

If they think Smith is the player, they should draft him. If they don't think he's the guy, they shouldn't. It's that simple, and a bunch of people on a message board posting "GENO!!" doesn't somehow change that equation. It just makes those posters look like idiots, again, because they didn't learn the clear and obvious lesson from the Mark Sanchez draft.

Not only did I not say "maybe you should try doing that", I noted that you would, of course, not recommend such an action be taken. In other words, you took the entire point of my post and tried to twist it into exactly the opposite of what I was saying.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9579497)
That's not what I said. And, since you linked to it without actually quoting it after this, let's get the actual quote:

Not only did I not say "maybe you should try doing that", I noted that you would, of course, not recommend such an action be taken. In other words, you took the entire point of my post and tried to twist it into exactly the opposite of what I was saying.

Just quoting this to point out that SNR was wrong, after he called me out on Reading Comprehension. :thumb:

I want to buy you a beer!

RealSNR 04-11-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9579497)

You ****ing suck.

A mother never suggests that her child should jump off a bridge if all the friends do it.

I know you weren't advocating that we vacate all of our draft selections.

For ****'s sake.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579511)
You ****ing suck.

A mother never suggests that her child should jump off a bridge if all the friends do it.

Do you have kids?:spock:

RealSNR 04-11-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579517)
Do you have kids?:spock:

Why the **** does that matter?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578681)
Because we won't be spending a pick on Geno Smith period. That's why.

Why spend a pick on a QB who's no better than your 2nd and 3rd string guys, after you just gave up two 2nd's for a starting QB you think could be the last piece to your playoff puzzle, when you can sign a tackle, guard, Wide Receiver, or whatever, that instantly makes your team better.

Drafting Geno #1 overall doesn't make us immediately better. You know what does?

Joeckel, Warmack, Lotuleilei, Fisher, Milliner, etc.

Nope. Those players make us gutless pussies with no vision who care nothing about using a top pick in the capacity it was designed for. Sorry!
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579520)
Why the **** does that matter?

Just curious, because based off of that statement you made, it doesn't sound like you have them. :thumb:

O.city 04-11-2013 10:05 PM

Either trade Albert and draft his replacement, or we are drafting a starting RT, an OLB who won't likely play every down, or a #3 CB.

Personally, I'd rather draft Star or Sheldon Richardson.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9579525)
Nope. Those players make us gutless pussies with no vision who care nothing about using a top pick in the capacity it was designed for. Sorry!
Posted via Mobile Device

You do know that list of players wasn't specified for the 1.1 selection right?

That being said, you wouldn't take Fisher or Milliner with the #1, #2, or #3?:spock:

O.city 04-11-2013 10:11 PM

Why would you take Milliner at 1? He isn't a #1 shutdown corner, he'd likely be the 3rd CB.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579546)
Why would you take Milliner at 1? He isn't a #1 shutdown corner, he'd likely be the 3rd CB.

Your whole perspective is way off. :doh!:

O.city 04-11-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579561)
Your whole perspective is way off. :doh!:

With the first overall pick, you are supposed to get a cornerstone franchise player, correct?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579562)
With the first overall pick, you are supposed to get a cornerstone franchise player, correct?

No.

You're supposed to get the first selection in the draft, barring any unforeseen errors in time management.

O.city 04-11-2013 10:16 PM

Then how exactly is my perspective off?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579531)
You do know that list of players wasn't specified for the 1.1 selection right?

That being said, you wouldn't take Fisher or Milliner with the #1, #2, or #3?:spock:

**** no. Niether one of those guys are generational talents. You DONT take non generational talent OUTSIDE of the QB or Reciever positions when you are in the top mother****ing 10. It IS that goddamned simple. DO THE MATH.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-11-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579527)
Just curious, because based off of that statement you made, it doesn't sound like you have them. :thumb:

You're a ****ing idiot.

Are you familiar with the question, "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it as well?"

Simply Red 04-11-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579583)
You're a ****ing idiot.

Are you familiar with the question, "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it as well?"

please through in 'rape' in there some place.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579567)
Then how exactly is my perspective off?

You said milliner is not a shut down corner, that he's likely a #3 CB. That we shouldn't draft him #1 overall (Despite me qualifying that statement with any of the picks, 1-3, not specifically #1).

The problem with your perspective, is talent.

Every year the talent pool is different, every year your needs are different.

You don't draft a CB, say, #2 overall ONLY if he's going to be a #1 shutdown corner and nothing else.

Hell, he might be the best zone corner coming up in college who plays "alright" in man coverage against bigger, physical receivers.

You might have a deep glaring need for a #2 CB who can play zone, as well as man. And you might have that need for "some time".

Why wouldn't you draft that way?

Whether you like it or not, whether you accept it or not, or whether you're ignorant of the facts or not, WE WILL NOT DRAFT A PLAYER WE DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE A NEED FOR.

So yeah, CB is a slight need, much smaller of a need than it was before, but a likely selection if we manage to trade back to around the #3 spot. Unlikely he'll go #1.

Drafting a QB, on the other hand, is a waste of a pick. We don't need a QB, we have one, we have three for that matter, and our #3 guy had a better college career than Geno or Nassib, and our #2 guy backed up one of the best QB's to ever play the game, and our #1 guy posted one of the highest Passer Ratings int he NFL last year.

Did I mention we already spent near the equivalent of a first rounder on that #1 QB this year, and we have a whole new FO and Coaching staff in place? And that the likelihood of us drafting a QB, barring Injury, in the next 2 drafts is zero?

YOU (kind of we, but less me, and more or less the stupid masses) need to step away from this mentality that the #1 pick, or a top 5 or top 10 pick has to be a guy who gets drafted in that number (IE, you can't draft a CB #1 overall, and you can't draft a guard inside the top 15). You also need to get over the fact that what most of you are buying into right now, is smoke and mirrors. This whole "Dorsey said we would draft BPA" doesn't discount the fact that he's never stated we wouldn't draft FOR NEED as well. Some of YOU let the facts go in one ear and out the other.

We NEED a Right Tackle, we might ALSO NEED a Left Tackle. Two positions that are nearly priceless in the amount of importance they have for our offense going forward if we are to make a playoff run.

And I say that word "priceless" in retrospect to the fact that we've, again, already signed a #1 QB. So now the value of adding another QB is no longer priceless, it holds a weighted value.

Right now the value of another QB on this roster is that of Camp Fodder for competition at the #3 spot.

Not because we think Geno could be the #1 guy.

Sorter 04-11-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579595)
our #3 guy had a better college career than Geno or Nassib,

wut

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9579573)
**** no. Niether one of those guys are generational talents. You DONT take non generational talent OUTSIDE of the QB or Reciever positions when you are in the top mother****ing 10. It IS that goddamned simple. DO THE MATH.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately the problem with your theory is that there is Generational talent in the pool, there really isn't, outside of the offensive line pool.

QB is at a record low. Receiver might be up there, and I've heard rumors that Tavon might have an outside shot at being a selection as well, but nothing from my source on it. RB is at a record low. TE is alright. Defensively, aside from maybe 1 DE/OLB and 2 CB's is a loss. DT is pretty healthy though.

Unless of course you're throwing around the phrase "Generational talent" loosely to make a point so you can continue to argue, and not that you actually have a better player in mind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9579583)
You're a ****ing idiot.

If I'm a ****ing idiot, what would that make you ? Protoplasm?

Yes, I've heard of the phrase, now quit avoiding my question and answer it, instead of deflecting.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9579602)
wut

I didn't stutter at all.

Sorter 04-11-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9579610)
I didn't stutter at all.

Re-reading it, I suppose it's a fair argument.

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9579631)
Re-reading it, I suppose it's a fair argument.

Not really. If he's saying Stanzi had a better college career than Geno then that's an opinion that is disproven through stats alone. As far as "better" goes, that's all a matter of ... well no, it's just not accurate in the slightest.:thumb:

Exoter175 04-11-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9579641)
Not really. If he's saying Stanzi had a better college career than Geno then that's an opinion that is disproven through stats alone. As far as "better" goes, that's all a matter of ... well no, it's just not accurate in the slightest.:thumb:

You think so?

Alright, here we go. Lets have a little game, shall we?

Would you agree that the majority of CP wants a QB who can win big games? Who can win a super bowl?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 10:54 PM

If its a weak class, and you are in the top ten, the same rule applies. And we dont have three QB's. We have one starter, and two bags of shit in the hand. If your choices are Grahm Harrell or Tyson Jackson, you take Harrell. Are you somewhat seeing the point now? If its 2009, and your choices are T-Jack and Crabtree( without hindsight, and you've already acquired your QBOTF in Cassel(rofl), WHO DO YOU TAKE????
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 10:54 PM

Games are for children looking for attention. I answered the question with a fact, Geno had a better college career than Ricky Stanzi. Stats don't lie, in fact they are quite truthful when you think of how real they are. :thumb:

O.city 04-11-2013 10:54 PM

Sure

You mean like a BCS bowl?

Sorter 04-11-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9579641)

You can make the argument Stanzi had a better career via record and record in bowl games.

I don't think Exoter is trying to say Stanzi's a better prospect (feel free to clarify).

RealSNR 04-11-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9579667)
You can make the argument Stanzi had a better career via record and record in bowl games.

I don't think Exoter is trying to say Stanzi's a better prospect (feel free to clarify).

Geno won a "better" bowl game, though. And in stunning fashion.

Simply Red 04-11-2013 10:59 PM

I don't care who we draft - as long as he's black.

O.city 04-11-2013 11:00 PM

Stats mean dic. It's all about projecting the guy at the next level. There isn't a player in this draft that projects to be a star immediately

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9579667)

All that I'm saying is that teams win games, the QB sometimes leads them back in epic fashion and sometimes his defense gets him in holes too big to climb out of. West Virginia's defense was one of the worst in college football history, when Iowa was always known for having a good defense. Stanzi did well enough, he was Iowa's Alex Smith, but at the end of the day he was no Geno Smith.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9579678)
I don't care who we draft - as long as he's black.

:thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579680)
Stats mean dic. It's all about projecting the guy at the next level. There isn't a player in this draft that projects to be a star immediately

Exactly. And with two bags of shit in the hand at QB, and with the Chiefs holding the top pick, WHO DO YOU TAKE????
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 04-11-2013 11:05 PM

Tbh, I think more of Alex smith than most around here so I'd take a dl who can rush the passer from the 3 tech, aka Sheldon Richardson or probably Jordan

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9579695)
Tbh, I think more of Alex smith than most around here so I'd take a dl who can rush the passer from the 3 tech, aka Sheldon Richardson or probably Jordan

Jordan I can live with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 04-11-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9579708)
Jordan I can live with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would much rather have Sheldon, as I view 3/5 techs that can get upfield, have solid hand-fighting skills, and pass rush moves as pretty rare commodity.

Mother****erJones 04-11-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9579719)
Would much rather have Sheldon, as I view 3/5 techs that can get upfield, have solid hand-fighting skills, and pass rush moves as pretty rare commodity.

We desparately need a dlineman that can actually ****ing move and collapse the pocket. I think Poe can add some but we need a disruptor. That would totally change the defense by adding someone like that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 11:26 PM

Jesus, how many fatty-drafts do you mother****ers want anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device