ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Royals vs Yankees - July 9, 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274409)

Demonpenz 07-09-2013 09:03 PM

great win. Screw the Yankees.

noa 07-09-2013 09:09 PM

Just got back form the game. That was a great time, I rocked my Hosmer jersey and got peanuts thrown on me after I celebrated each run. The pitching matchup was solid -- my buddy and I thought we were about to watch a repeat of the Cleveland game after Shields' rough start, but he really settled down. I love his mentality.
Moose looked pretty lackadaisical at the plate for his lone AB.
And Butler homering two games in a row is very encouraging.
We knew that as soon as Collins struck out Cano, the game was over, but we stuck around to watch Holland because we wanted to see part of his epic domination streak.

Mr. Laz 07-09-2013 09:12 PM

back-to-back games where the Royals basically 'controlled' the Yankees

If our offense wasn't so weak the score would of been 7 or 8 instead of 3 and 5

they really weren't that close

Mr. Laz 07-09-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9802288)
Just got back form the game. That was a great time, I rocked my Hosmer jersey and got peanuts thrown on me after I celebrated each run. The pitching matchup was solid -- my buddy and I thought we were about to watch a repeat of the Cleveland game after Shields' rough start, but he really settled down. I love his mentality.
We knew that as soon as Collins struck out Cano, the game was over, but we stuck around to watch Holland because we wanted to see part of his epic domination streak.

were you the 2 guys(late 20's) with dark hair and royal's shirts sitting together?

I think they showed you guys on t.v. :D

Demonpenz 07-09-2013 09:18 PM

Lefever got salty once that fan threw the ball back onto the field.

KcMizzou 07-09-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9802312)
Lefever got salty once that fan threw the ball back onto the field.

Yeah, he did..LMAO

"You know what, buddy? That still counts."

I kinda liked it.

TLO 07-09-2013 09:22 PM

Been at work all night and just watched a few highlights on the Royals website. I liked Ryan's reaction to the guy throwing the ball onto the field LMAO

**** the Yankees

noa 07-09-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9802292)
back-to-back games where the Royals basically 'controlled' the Yankees

If our offense wasn't so weak the score would of been 7 or 8 instead of 3 and 5

they really weren't that close

Their lineup is atrocious. They're trotting out a bunch of no-names and has-beens. Cano is the only consistent hitter on the team. Gardner can be good, but I think he's on a 2-for-27 slide right now or something like that. It's a shame we let them sweep us at home earlier this year.

Coach 07-09-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9802339)
Their lineup is atrocious. They're trotting out a bunch of no-names and has-beens. Cano is the only consistent hitter on the team. Gardner can be good, but I think he's on a 2-for-27 slide right now or something like that. It's a shame we let them sweep us at home earlier this year.

Payback's a bitch.

DeezNutz 07-09-2013 09:36 PM

Suck my majestic cock you Yankee bastards.

GloryDayz 07-09-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

I'd love to know how much salary they trotted on the field for that loss as compared to us. It's a lot closer than usual, but still a pretty large difference I'd say..

Saul Good 07-09-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9802382)
I'd love to know how much salary they trotted on the field for that loss as compared to us. It's a lot closer than usual, but still a pretty large difference I'd say..

CC is $23,000,000 by himself. Cano is $14,000,000.

GloryDayz 07-09-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9802397)
CC is $23,000,000 by himself. Cano is $14,000,000.

They both make more than me! GDI!

stonedstooge 07-10-2013 12:18 AM

HAHA. 2 for 2. Man wouldn't it be great to sweep the bastards on their home field?

Prison Bitch 07-10-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Their lineup is atrocious. They're trotting out a bunch of no-names and has-beens. Cano is the only consistent hitter on the team. Gardner can be good, but I think he's on a 2-for-27 slide right now or something like that. .

That's what I thought - last month when we got swept by that trash lineup. (I mean Vernon Wells was killing us, really? Isn't he cut already?)

They're missing good players up and down that lineup so it's shocking they're even 48-42 as it is. But it does show how hard it is to hit MLB pitching when the Yankees can't do it. Amazingly, highpaid good hitters tend to hit better than rookies and castoffs like they have now.

Mama Hip Rockets 07-10-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9802288)

Where were you sitting? I was at the game too.

noa 07-10-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 9802798)
Where were you sitting? I was at the game too.

I was on the second level behind home plate. Last year I got the Legends seats for the Yankees/Royals, those seats are ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device