ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Combine's Here, Bitch! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281603)

OldSchool 02-23-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10449488)
me too.

agree, though I dont think he played quite as well as a chiefs. I dont recall his run defense as being very good. With his size I would love to have paired him up with Poe in the chiefs 2 down lineman defenses (with Hali and Houston rushing).

Catapano is 6'3.7' with 33.75'' arms, while Clarke is 6'6'' with 34.6'' arms. Catapano had 19 sacks in college while Clark had 9.5. Clarke maybe bigger, but Catapano is likely the better pass rusher (though against a lower level of competition) and the better athlete.

Have you watched Clarke play?

Mother****erJones 02-23-2014 10:47 PM

My first and third picks I want to see a playmaking WR, TE, pass rusher, safety

OldSchool 02-23-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10449699)

I really hope we manage to re-sign Abdullah or go after a better FS in FA vs drafting one high this year and also sign a veteran 3-4 DE in FA (Carricker, Frostee Rucker, Patoitua). The OL, WR, and CB groups are too strong to pass up on in the first 3-4 rounds, we have to take Attaochu if he is there at our 3rd round pick as well.

ForeverChiefs58 02-23-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10449097)
(a.) Assuming the following players are off the board:

QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
QB Blake Bortles, UCF
QB Johnny Manziel. Texas A&M
QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
OT Tyler Lewan, Michigan
DT/DE Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
OLB Khalil Mack,Buffalo
OLB Anthony Barr,UCLA
CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama

(b.) And assuming no game-changing FAs are added, and of the departing FAs, we only retain Schwartz.

Here's a comprehensive list right now of who I'd take at 23, in order, as of now:

1. WR Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU -- fantastic playmaker, great YAC guy
2. TE Jace Amaro, Texas Tech -- peerless route-runner at the TE position
3. WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State -- outstanding speed and athleticism, will stretch defenses
4. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington -- project w/ huge size to be elite in future seasons
5. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame -- project with elite athleticism at 3-4 DE position
6. OLB Dee Ford, Auburn -- undersized, but with elite passrushing potential
7. S Calvin Pryor, Louisville -- will need work in coverage, but great at eating up space
8. NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame -- if Poe to DE is a serious option, and Nix lasts, this is worth considering
9. WR Allen Robinson, Penn State -- potential to be a really good #2 at the next level
10. OLB Trent Murphy, Stanford -- great passrusher, less than ideal athleticism
11. CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State -- not a great fit for our D, but he can still win me over
12. WR Marquise Lee, USC -- on the verge of removing him from my 1st round board altogether

I would want whoever would help the chiefs pass defense the best

OldSchool 02-24-2014 04:19 AM

Kyle Fuller might sneak past Dennard. A team will take Justin Gilbert ahead of Dennard as well. Which means Dennard might be there for us.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10449097)
(a.) Assuming the following players are off the board:

QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
QB Blake Bortles, UCF
QB Johnny Manziel. Texas A&M
QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
OT Tyler Lewan, Michigan
DT/DE Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
OLB Khalil Mack,Buffalo
OLB Anthony Barr,UCLA
CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
S HaHa Clinton-Dix, Alabama

(b.) And assuming no game-changing FAs are added, and of the departing FAs, we only retain Schwartz.

Here's a comprehensive list right now of who I'd take at 23, in order, as of now:

1. WR Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU -- fantastic playmaker, great YAC guy
3. WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State -- outstanding speed and athleticism, will stretch defenses

Assuming all of the above, I narrowed your list down.

However, I noticed you only had like 17 players "off" the board, are we assuming C.J. Mosley is taken as well? Because if not C.J. Mosley is without a doubt the absolute best pick we can make right there in our position. With how deep this WR class is, and how limited ILB's are, assuming the above with no serious acquisitions to the ILB spot, you have to take Mosley.

Don't get me wrong, I was completely wowed by the two of these receivers in your list yesterday, and I'd probably go as far to say that I'd take Beckham over Cooks hands down at this point, just seemed a bit more polished yesterday and I can see him fitting this offense well.

But, if I'm looking forward for us, especially down the stretch last season, a big problem with our defense was stopping the run and getting burned in the secondary. Once we lost our outside rushers, it was game over. And while the argument could be made to draft a DE/OLB here as well, especially with our glaring need for depth, I think the bigger issue right now was our lack of a solid #2 ILB in this defense. It felt like we really had to lean on Berry to come into the box to get shit done last year, which really left the rest of the secondary hung out to dry down the stretch last year, especially without our edge rushers.

If I'm in the hot seat and I've got the option between the two, I'd have to coin toss this one, but I'd lean towards the safer, smarter pick with Mosley, and then bank on this DEEP WR draft with our 3rd round pick to get a guy like Robinson, who I feel is going to drop considerably after this combine. Could be wrong there, but I have ZERO concern that we'll get some solid receivers in this draft. I'm not sure where you rank a guy like Josh Brown, but what I saw from him yesterday, I'd have zero problems snagging him as early as the 4th round, possibly even with our 3rd rounder if we snagged Mosley, depending on the WR availability there. I feel like Brown could really play a solid slot position/returner here in KC. Especially so if McCluster leaves, I feel like that plays a better judgement in a few months towards what we "will" do.

For reference, I know Josh Brown's draft profile says he's a "priority free agent" on nfl.com and nobody had him ranked very high anywhere prior to the combine, but I feel like he's made a mark and name for himself and launched himself into being drafted. Further, I feel like his draft position will likely be in the 5-7 round range, but could jump up a bit for a team that is needy for a slot receiver and/or returner, IE KC. I'd like to hold off as long as we could on a guy like that to get insane value from the draft pick, but I'd be perfectly content reaching a bit on him if I'm pretty confident he's a solid fit. Only time will tell though.

jonzie04 02-24-2014 08:12 AM

aaron Donald unofficial 4.65. holy ****ing shit that's fast for a dt.

planetdoc 02-24-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10449694)
Have you watched Clarke play?

thankfully draft breakdown has about 4 games of his. ~80 snaps ~1hr of video.
draftbreakdown.com/players/will-clarke/

still think catapano is the better rusher and athlete.

UK_Chief 02-24-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10449699)

Four players from two picks would be awesome! Conjoined twins perhaps?

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 10449929)
aaron Donald unofficial 4.65. holy ****ing shit that's fast for a dt.

Want.

Need to add him to my 1st pick wishlist.

Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown ˇ 1m
Know what I love about Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald? He's earning it every step of the way. Terrific senior season, Senior Bowl and Combine.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:05 AM

So... if Jadaveon Clowney fell to our pick, would you guys take him? LMAO

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:06 AM

According to the scroll, Dee Ford declared himself better than Clowney on Sirius NFL Radio.

Ford was a medical scratch from the Combine. Rumor is that it was a herniated disc he suffered in 2011...

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:08 AM

Joe Marino ‏@TheJoeMarino ˇ 3m
Aaron Donald/Will Clarke both displaying superb change of direction ability initially in drills.

Will Clark would be an excellent midrounder for DE.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:09 AM

I am dying to see the 3 cone. This is like the ONE drill that actually measures something that translates to an NFL football field.

Edit:

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris ˇ 6m
So no 3-cone for Clowney, per Akbar.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450047)
I am dying to see the 3 cone. This is like the ONE drill that actually measures something that translates to an NFL football field.

Edit:

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris ˇ 6m
So no 3-cone for Clowney, per Akbar.

They were just talking about that on NFL Network, I'm not super excited about him skipping that. Bench reps are cute, 40 times are fun, but its the actual drills that matter.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:12 AM

Joe Marino ‏@TheJoeMarino ˇ 23m
James Gayle, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jadaveon Clowney and Aaron Donald all turned in 1.60 or better 10 yard splits. Excellent "get off" burst.

More and more people getting on the Gayle train, for one reason or another.

Rumor is that Jeffcoat's going to hit the 3rd day of the draft.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:14 AM

Hageman looks very powerful in drills. Not the most fluid athlete, but just total power.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:15 AM

Jernigan has extremely fast feet.

Anthony Johnson looks very quick.

Edit:

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft ˇ 1m
Jernigan's feet <3

OldSchool 02-24-2014 09:15 AM

I am not really surprised that Clarke timed better in the 40 than Ealy did.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:17 AM

Gotta give it up to Rich Eisen and Mayock, along with all the on-the-field folks over the days. They are making this very relaxing and entertaining to watch.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 09:18 AM

Starting to get big on Jeffcoat, not sure how he fits but I like his fluid, natural movement there.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:18 AM

Rumors:

2014 NFL Combine Rumors: Sunday, Feb. 23, 5:05 p.m.
By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington:
In the last hour, I've learned much more on the injury which kept Austin Seferian-Jenkins from working out yesterday. It was an injury medical examiners at the Combine accidentally found. Doctors X-rayed Seferian-Jenkins left foot with the sole intention of examining the ankle, which he sprained a year ago and kept him on the sidelines during a small portion of the 2012 season.

In reviewing the X-rays, doctors noticed what seemed to be a potential small fracture in the foot and ordered more tests. I'm told Seferian-Jenkins was getting ready to take the field for his workout when he was pulled from the line and told additional tests were needed. The big tight end was as surprised as anyone as he'd never experienced pain in his left foot to that point. Seferian-Jenkins' Combine weight of 262 pounds is a number significantly lower than his playing weight of 2013. I'm told Seferian-Jenkins had been timing in the 4.6s during recent training.

2014 NFL Combine Rumors: Sunday, Feb. 23, 10:30 a.m.
By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

News and notes from the fifth day of the combine in Indianapolis.

Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida:
In conversations here in Indy it's apparent the quarterbacks stack up 1) Blake Bortles, 2) Teddy Bridgewater, 3) Derek Carr, 4) Johnny Manziel on a number of team boards.

Bortles officially announced Monday he would throw at the combine, but I was told the strong-arm quarterback decided long ago he would participate in the entire combine workout. Throwing at the combine was never a question in Bortles' mind.

Miami Dolphins:
Word around Indy is Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin will eventually be traded but its a question of when. Someone close to the situation told me yesterday, "there are a lot of moving parts." I get the idea everyone wants to make sure they are covering their you know what.

Cincinnati Bengals:
I'm told the Cincinnati Bengals may have to cut Carlos Dunlap in order to create the salary cap room necessary to sign a number of other highly considered players on their roster about to hit free agency.

Atlanta Falcons:
The feeling from the combine says the Atlanta Falcons have a 50/50 chance of re-signing starting center Joe Hawley.

Pittsburgh Steelers:
LaMarr Woodley's contract is likely to make re-signing Jason Worilds very difficult if not impossible. I'm told at least at least a dozen teams here at the combine have expressed great interest in Worilds if he hits free agency.

New England Patriots:
Last night at dinner with a few scouts I learned that an FBI profiler was brought in to review the interview tapes of Aaron Hernandez from the 2010 combine. The profiler pointed out a number of signs during the interview which would've raised red flags had he seen it in 2010; body language, the way Hernandez answered questions, his body language answering questions. Bottom line is more teams will bring in profilers to review these interview tapes.

Follow Tony Pauline @TonyPauline.

OldSchool 02-24-2014 09:18 AM

Ealy is a 3-4 DE if he comes here, no way he kicks out to OLB. 4-3 DE.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 10450062)
Starting to get big on Jeffcoat, not sure how he fits but I like his fluid, natural movement there.

Rumor is that he's going to fall like a rock on draft day. Will go on the 3rd day due to size concerns...

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:19 AM

Some positive buzz building up on a guy I'm not that crazy about:

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout ˇ 1m
DeMarcus Lawrence is a guy I really like as a stand-up edge rusher. Put him in a 3-4 scheme and let him loose. Needs coverage work, but wow.

OldSchool 02-24-2014 09:20 AM

Who's still on the Donald train? I am.

jonzie04 02-24-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450044)
Joe Marino ‏@TheJoeMarino ˇ 3m
Aaron Donald/Will Clarke both displaying superb change of direction ability initially in drills.

Will Clark would be an excellent midrounder for DE.

clark is looking awesome. really standing out to me as well.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:21 AM

3 cone right now.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450065)
Rumor is that he's going to fall like a rock on draft day. Will go on the 3rd day due to size concerns...

I'd like to be able to bank on that and shore up more pressing concers like WR/ILB

jonzie04 02-24-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10450068)
Who's still on the Donald train? I am.

this guy. :hmmm:

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:24 AM

Hageman looks great in the 3 cone. Drool.

Jernigan didn't, but he destroyed the piss**** out of those bags.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:25 AM

Demarcus Lawrence looks fantastic in the 3 cone.

OldSchool 02-24-2014 09:25 AM

Clowney ran about as fast as I thought he would.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:31 AM

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...writers_brooks

Blake Bortles, Mike Evans headline Sunday's combine winners

By Bucky Brooks
NFL Media analyst
Published: Feb. 23, 2014 at 08:13 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The second day of on-field workouts at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine featured the glamour positions: quarterback, running back and wide receiver (a high-interest group, to say the least). Here are my thoughts on the prospects who stood out, for better or for worse:

Winners

Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: As the only member of the "Big Three" quarterbacks (Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel and Bortles) to throw in front of the scouts, Bortles took advantage of his opportunity to convince everyone that he's a legitimate franchise quarterback. Bortles certainly impressed evaluators with his statuesque frame and prototypical physical dimensions (6-foot-5, 232 pounds). Additionally, his athleticism was better than anticipated, as the Central Florida product logged nice marks in the vertical leap (32.5 inches) and broad jump (9-7).

In throwing drills, Bortles showed above-average arm strength and touch on vertical tosses, dropping the ball down the chute on go-routes and post-corners. He also flashed superb anticipation on intermediate routes by routinely delivering the ball right in the strike zone on digs and speed outs. Although he was slightly off target on a handful of throws, Bortles' ball placement was on point for most of the session. With a few more workouts (including his pro day) to strut his stuff, Bortles' draft stock should just continue to rise.

Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Watkins delivered on his promise to put on a show at the NFL Scouting Combine. The Clemson standout clocked a 4.43 40-yard dash, while also displaying exceptional quickness in change-of-direction drills. Most importantly, Watkins showed strong hands and excellent ball skills while snatching live throws in the positional workout. He is more polished than I expected as a route runner, displaying balance and body control while getting in and out of breaks. With a strong resumé backing up his athletic exploits, it's a virtual lock that Watkins will be the first receiver to come off the board on draft day.

Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M: Big-bodied receivers are all the rage in today's NFL, with the likes of Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones setting the standard at the position. Following his strong performance at the combine this weekend, Evans could be next in line. Standing 6-4 3/4 and 231 pounds, Evans clocked a 4.53-second 40 and posted a 37-inch vertical jump. While those numbers don't jump off the stat sheet at first glance, when you consider his massive frame, the marks reveal a dynamic big guy with exceptional lower-body explosion. Evans also displayed better-than-anticipated fluidity and body control in his route running. He was efficient getting in and out of the breaks, and flashes a burst tracking balls down on intermediate routes. Most importantly, Evans caught the ball well in drills, exhibiting strong hands while snatching everything in his sizable strike zone. Given the impact big receivers are making on the league nowadays, Evans is an intriguing prospect with the potential to be a true No. 1 receiver.

Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State: The Biletnikoff Award winner continues to impress scouts with his combination of speed, quickness and burst. Cooks led all receivers in the 40-yard dash (4.33), 20-yard shuttle (3.82) and 60-yard shuttle (10.72). He continued to impress in positional drills by exhibiting noteworthy polish as a route runner. Cooks is not only smooth and fluid coming out of breaks, but he shows terrific awareness in finding the ball at the last minute. These traits are uncommon in young receivers, which is why the buzz should build around Cook's game and potential following his solid performance in Indianapolis.

'ATL Podcast'

The Around The League team hits all the NFL's hottest topics in its award-winning podcast. Join the conversation. Listen

Odell Beckham, WR, LSU: The LSU star has rarely been mentioned as a top prospect, but he should get plenty of burn after posting impressive times in the 40 (4.43), 20-yard shuttle (3.94) and 60-yard shuttle (10.93). This confirms the explosiveness displayed by Beckham on tape, solidifying his status as one of the most dynamic offensive weapons in the draft. Additionally, Beckham caught the ball well and was more polished as a route runner than I expected. With Beckham also regarded as one of the top returners in college football, it's quite possible he enters the discussion as a Day 1 selection.

Losers

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: Bridgewater is considered the most pro-ready QB prospect by many evaluators, but his decision to bypass much of the workout has led to questions about his athleticism and arm talent. No throwing drills, no 40-yard dash, no 60-yard shuttle -- these voluntary absences have scouts wondering about his overall competitiveness. Bridgewater can certainly erase doubts by performing well at his personal workout, but questions about a possible diva-like attitude could linger.

Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona: The Arizona standout was unquestionably one of the top runners in college football, as evidenced by his 3,814 rushing yards over the past two seasons, but his pedestrian 40 time (4.70) will scare some teams off. Carey looked lethargic running down the track, casting doubt upon his home-run speed at the next level. Although Carey's track record and film suggest he will not have a problem generating production as a pro, the disappointing time on the stopwatch could diminish his value on draft boards around the league.

Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU: Landry entered the weekend viewed as a solid Day 2 selection, but his disappointing 40 time (4.77) and vertical leap (28.5 inches) spawn concerns about his overall explosiveness. Teams now view Landry as a possession receiver with limited big-play potential, despite his impressive flashes on tape. Given the depth and talent of the 2014 receiver class, this lackluster showing in Indy could push Landry into Day 3 consideration.

Guys in the spotlight on Day 3

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: Breathless Clowney hype has been replaced recently by questions about his work ethic, desire and leadership skills. Teams wonder if he has the intangibles needed to be a great player at the next level, despite his freakish athletic talent. With cautionary flags beginning to pop up in conversations about Clowney's worthiness as the top overall pick, the South Carolina star must put on a show Monday to tip the risk-reward ratio in his favor.

Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA: A short time ago, Barr was considered the biggest challenger to Clowney's status as the No. 1 defender in the draft, but the buzz has subsided in recent weeks. Questions about Barr's technique and polish have led some to designate Buffalo's Khalil Mack as the top contender to Clowney's throne. Given the recent slide down the charts, Barr needs a strong performance in drills to put himself back into the conversation about 2014's top defensive prospect.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:32 AM

lmao

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...animal-combine

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:34 AM

Beckham fans, prepare to cream thy shorts:

http://breakingdowntheplay.com/2014/...ham-jr-vs-uab/

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:41 AM

I don't know anything about Howard Jones, but he is a fantastic looking athlete.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:41 AM

Demarcus Lawrence and Antony Johnson are looking very smooth.

Edit: Then again...

Joe Marino ‏@TheJoeMarino ˇ 2m
Let's stop referring to LSU DT Anthony Johnson as the "Freak." Completely unwarranted overstatement. He is so average.

Titty Meat 02-24-2014 09:45 AM

Some shitty loser team like the Jets will draft Beckham before we pick. ****!

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:48 AM

Edebali looks like he could translate to 3-4 OLB well.

IK Enamkpali doesn't feel great there, though.

Jeffcoat was a natural I nthat 3-4 OLD drill.

Howard Jones was a tad stiff, but mostly fine.

Demarcus Lawrence, flawless.

Cassius Marsh, pretty good. Very fluid.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:49 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout ˇ 1m
DeMarcus Lawrence looked great dropping into the flats there. That's all you need for a 34OLB.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450116)
Edebali looks like he could translate to 3-4 OLB well.

IK Enamkpali doesn't feel great there, though.

Jeffcoat was a natural I nthat 3-4 OLD drill.

Howard Jones was a tad stiff, but mostly fine.

Demarcus Lawrence, flawless.

Cassius Marsh, pretty good. Very fluid.

Watching Marsh on the bags, I liked his natural angle when he'd attack them, very, very solid.

jonzie04 02-24-2014 09:53 AM

Demarcus Lawrence looked great to me. he'd be a nice pickup if available in the 3rd. no idea where hes projected. I've seen some 2nds and some 3rds. but on a side note. what do you guys guess Michael sam's going to run? i'm guessing 4.79.

also guessing 1.64 10 for tuitt.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 09:55 AM

I think Lawrence is more of a 2nd rounder, but it's possible he could last to us in the 3rd.

I think Sam's going to run a 4.8.

Tuitt's out of drills, unfortunately. Medical issue turned up.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 10450119)
Demarcus Lawrence looked great to me. he'd be a nice pickup if available in the 3rd. no idea where hes projected. I've seen some 2nds and some 3rds. but on a side note. what do you guys guess Michael sam's going to run? i'm guessing 4.79.

also guessing 1.64 10 for tuitt.

I think Sam'll be a hair faster than a 4.79, probably in that 4.69-4.73 range

OldSchool 02-24-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450122)
I think Lawrence is more of a 2nd rounder, but it's possible he could last to us in the 3rd.

Damn, I was looking forward to watching how he looks after dropping some weight. I think Sam is in the 4.8 area as well.

ForeverChiefs58 02-24-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450122)

Fractured bone in foot to keep Stephon Tuitt from participating at combine

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:07 AM

There honestly should be a stipulation that anybody who decides to come to the Combine has to do every single drill.

I don't even care about them opting out. But hearing the commentators complain about it for the 1,000,000th time is getting on my nerves.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:08 AM

Ryan Lownes ‏@ryanlownes ˇ 1m
As I said yesterday, Aaron Donald's really going to do everything except be 6'3" 300 lbs. Arguably a top 15 talent in a strong class.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:12 AM

Verticals and broad jumps bore the shit out of me.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 10:15 AM

Roll out my linebackers already ahmahgerd

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:19 AM

I think we still have the 2nd half of the DLs left.

I'm going to probably tap out on the LBs. Not interested.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450158)

We do, and its boring me to tears. The two units I wanted to pay the most attention to this year, WR's and ILB's, and I feel like I'm going to go ninite before my ILB's come out!

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:22 AM

Here we go. More 40s. Daniel McCullers FTW.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:22 AM

What's that? Clowney is fast? Surprise....surprise. Big ****ing deal.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:23 AM

Kareem Martin has potential at either DE or OLB in a 3-4. I'd put him at OLB...

Has a bit of a slow 40 though. May be more of a 4-3 DE.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 10:23 AM

"not a great athlete", must be talking about a white guy.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450165)
Kareem Martin has potential at either DE or OLB in a 3-4. I'd put him at OLB...

Has a bit of a slow 40 though. May be more of a 4-3 DE.

He's got such a good frame though!

ForeverChiefs58 02-24-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450158)

That surprises me. I would think an every down ILB as well as depth behind Hali and Houston would be priorities after last season. Do you think LB will be a priority?

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:24 AM

Mauro is a late round 3-4 DE guy.

Pretty damn slow, though, for the position. 5.1.

Exoter175 02-24-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10450168)
That surprises me. I would think an every down ILB as well as depth behind Hali and Houston would be priorities after last season. Do you think LB will be a priority?

With our current roster, IMO, an every down ILB should be priority #1.5, above FS but marginally behind WR.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 10450160)
We do, and its boring me to tears. The two units I wanted to pay the most attention to this year, WR's and ILB's, and I feel like I'm going to go ninite before my ILB's come out!

Why are you so hardcore on the ILB train?

We only need one who is an exceptional athlete, and we have a Pro Bowler at that position.

The other ILB position only plays like 50% of the snaps, if that, and is little more than a thumper, when we already spent a 4th on that exact position last year.

OldSchool 02-24-2014 10:25 AM

Zach Moore had a similar 10 split to Clowney.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 10450171)
With our current roster, IMO, an every down ILB should be priority #1.5, above FS but marginally behind WR.

Oh my god, no.

We need secondary help, receiver help, and passrushing help.

A thumper ILB does none of those things.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:26 AM

Nix baby. Let's go big man.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:26 AM

Here comes Nix.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:27 AM

Dude....just imagine if the Chiefs draft Nix.....and Poe gets Nix on that diet and strength routine that he's on. ****.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:27 AM

Nix looks like the Kool-Aid man. Almost looks top heavy.

His 5.3 doesn't worry me at all. But maybe I'm just used to Dontari Poe's inhuman thighs.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10450182)
Dude....just imagine if the Chiefs draft Nix.....and Poe gets Nix on that diet and strength routine that he's on. ****.

The Browns have already proven that if you have two dominant 330 lbers on your line, your defense becomes very difficult to challenge.

I think Nix lasting to us is a 50/50 chance, but I'd totally take a hard look at him depending on who else is on your board.

OldSchool 02-24-2014 10:28 AM

Mike Pennel looks chiseled for a 332 pound guy, lol.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450183)

His 5.3 doesn't worry me at all. But maybe I'm just used to Dontari Poe's inhuman thighs.

Poe is a freak. Nix is, like they said, more of a Vince Wilfork.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:29 AM

That Draft movie looks bad. But hard to bet against Kevin Costner in a sports movie.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450190)
That Draft movie looks bad. But hard to bet against Kevin Costner in a sports movie.

Did you see who was working for the Chiefs organization in the that movie?

http://www.boomtron.com/wp-content/u...4052823267.jpg

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:30 AM

Sam's up.

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10450194)
Did you see who was working for the Chiefs organization in the that movie?

http://www.boomtron.com/wp-content/u...4052823267.jpg

Who in the blue hell is that?

Direckshun 02-24-2014 10:31 AM

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris ˇ 45s
Caraun Reid first "unofficial" forty: 4.90. 10 yd of 1.69. Excellent.

Want.

ForeverChiefs58 02-24-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10450183)

Would love Aaron Donald or Nix

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:31 AM

I think Sam's best fit is a 4-3 team that uses him as a situational pass rusher and gives him a couple of seasons of a strength program to get him used to playing in that 4-3.

jonzie04 02-24-2014 10:32 AM

4.79. i'm psychic haha.

The Franchise 02-24-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 10450200)
Would love Aaron Donald or Nix

Donald is a pipe dream. That dude is going top 15.