ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

BossChief 08-11-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7818077)

"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

If that is really what he signed for...get ready for Albert to be moved to either LG or RT...and I will have to start a thread that Ill bump each time Im right about something.

That is starting LT money, not RT money.

Deberg_1990 08-11-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818082)
"The Article may have expired or has been deleted."

If that is really what he signed for...get ready for Albert to be moved to either LG or RT...and I will have to start a thread that Ill bump each time Im right about something.

That is starting LT money, not RT money.

:)

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 05:40 PM

Are we moving Albert to RT?

Sure-Oz 08-11-2011 05:51 PM

Great signing, lets hope for Roaf part 2

RedThat 08-11-2011 06:08 PM

Here is what I think could happen, the Chiefs go into the season with this starting offensive line:

LT Albert
LG Lilja
C Wiegman
RG Asamoah
RT Richardson

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman as we know is old and his body won't be able to keep up with an entire season. Lilja is going to struggle against the more bigger, physical and athletic DT's. Richardson will lose focus and have his struggles, especially in pass protection. I think Albert will have his struggles in pass protection as well but not to the extent of Richardson.

I could see this current unit struggling as a whole. And it could get to the point where we could see some shuffling going on? Possibly, Gaither comes in and automatically gets inserted to LT? In that case scenario, Albert moves over to LG. Which is what I hope happens. Move him back to his natural position and this guy will be in beast mode.

Then Hudson could come in and replace Wiegman? All of a sudden the issue of having to worry about being overpowered by physical and stronger DT's is resolved. Albert and Hudson are bigger, stronger, and just as athletic, if not, more athletic than Lilja and Wiegman combined. But the great thing is, we gain size, and strength on the interior of the line without losing any athleticism whatsoever.

The only issue I could see is RT. Richardson will struggle and then O'Callaghan could come in. If Gaither could get back to old form, he may be the key to our offensive line. We may have a steal.

An offensive line unit consisting of:

LT Gaither
LG Albert
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT ???? Richardson/O'Callaghan for now

is a pretty solid unit to have. Next year we may possibly draft a tackle to address the RT situation. And it could be in the early rounds? Or we could go the route via FA. I hope Gaither gets healthy and returns to old form.

Mr. Laz 08-11-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7818193)

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman

people are so desperate to move Albert that they keep labeling Lilja as a weakness.

:doh!:

RealSNR 08-11-2011 06:13 PM

So we could have wasted a first rounder on Okung, who's hurt right now.

Or we could have drafted Berry and signed Gaither and added some starting talent AND great positional depth on BOTH sides.

Saccopoo got a little lesson in team-building from Pioli today

evenfall 08-11-2011 06:13 PM

I think this is great,.what's not to like? No risk, high reward.

TRR 08-11-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Here is what I think could happen, the Chiefs go into the season with this starting offensive line:

LT Albert
LG Lilja
C Wiegman
RG Asamoah
RT Richardson

*Then as the season rolls along, I think the weakest links on this unit will be identified. Imo, they will be Richardson, Lilja, and Wiegman. Wiegman as we know is old and his body won't be able to keep up with an entire season. Lilja is going to struggle against the more bigger, physical and athletic DT's. Richardson will lose focus and have his struggles, especially in pass protection. I think Albert will have his struggles in pass protection as well but not to the extent of Richardson.

I could see this current unit struggling as a whole. And it could get to the point where we could see some shuffling going on? Possibly, Gaither comes in and automatically gets inserted to LT? In that case scenario, Albert moves over to LG. Which is what I hope happens. Move him back to his natural position and this guy will be in beast mode.

Then Hudson could come in and replace Wiegman? All of a sudden the issue of having to worry about being overpowered by physical and stronger DT's is resolved. Albert and Hudson are bigger, stronger, and just as athletic, if not, more athletic than Lilja and Wiegman combined. But the great thing is, we gain size, and strength on the interior of the line without losing any athleticism whatsoever.

The only issue I could see is RT. Richardson will struggle and then O'Callaghan could come in. If Gaither could get back to old form, he may be the key to our offensive line. We may have a steal.

LT Gaither
LG Albert
C Hudson
RG Asamoah

is a pretty solid unit to have. Next year we may possibly draft a tackle to address the RT situation. And it could be in the early rounds? Or we could go the route via FA. I hope Gaither gets healthy and returns to old form.

This isn't Madden or high school football. You don't switch around your O-Line midseason. If your going to make moves you do it now or stand pat.

Gaither, IMO is coming in to compete with BRich for the RT spot and backup Albert at LT. May the best man win. Nothing more.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-11-2011 06:22 PM

Good signing. He's a better player than Richardson, and with Gaither, you now have two guys who could play the swing tackle in the event of an Albert injury, who isn't exactly Bruce Matthews.

Thig Lyfe 08-11-2011 06:33 PM

Can he play QB?

Mr. Kotter 08-11-2011 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Low cost, high reward potential...

:toast:

cabletech94 08-11-2011 07:13 PM

i approve of this move (only if it works out).

'Merica Bitches!!!!!

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7818286)
Can he play QB?

Yes, and better than the dude in your avi. :)

BossChief 08-11-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7818399)

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

Ming the Merciless 08-11-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7818286)
Can he play QB?

Gaither > Cassel @ playing QB

/cpdrafturbaturs

Thig Lyfe 08-11-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7818399)

I WILL DESTROY YOU

ChiefsCountry 08-11-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7818407)
Gaither > Cassel @ playing QB

/cpdrafturbaturs

http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/u.../butt-hurt.jpg

Ming the Merciless 08-11-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7818414)

Good pic for when Cassel blows up this season and all of the drafturbaturs have to eat crow once again...

I can't wait to hear how it isn't Cassel, its all the new tools.....when in years past it was all his fault and 'a better QB wouldve done x, y and z'

This is going to be a great season, and I think 'butthurt' is the perfect caption for all of the Cassel haters.

RealSNR 08-11-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7818418)
Good pic for when Cassel blows up this season and all of the drafturbaturs have to eat crow once again...

I can't wait to hear how it isn't Cassel, its all the new tools.....when in years past it was all his fault and 'a better QB wouldve done x, y and z'

This is going to be a great season, and I think 'butthurt' is the perfect caption for all of the Cassel haters.

Yeah?

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7818414)

Awesome!

RJ 08-11-2011 09:37 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan but the Ravens are my other team.

I won't be getting my hopes up much for Gaither. I think the young man lacks a work ethic. But I would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong as a Chief.

Bwana 08-11-2011 09:38 PM

No downside to this, good signing.

BIG K 08-11-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7818251)
Good signing. He's a better player than Richardson, and with Gaither, you now have two guys who could play the swing tackle in the event of an Albert injury, who isn't exactly Bruce Matthews.

This.

Seriously, how can anyone view this move as bad? From the least, he can be considered a valuable backup tackle that we all have asked for. Best case he returns to form and steals a starting spot. how is this not a good sign??

BossChief 08-11-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7818418)

just quit.

Most of the people that wanted nothing to do with the trade in the first place (myself included) had plenty of reasons of why that was the case.

It was just history repeating itself and we all know how that ended up over and over.

After last year, most of us have went to "lets wait and see what he can do against a schedule we will face year in and year out if he is the real deal before crowning him"

I think thats being cautiously optimistic and fair.

You, on the other hand, were slobbing his knob months before he played anything close to "respectable" and act like you should be credited for it over and over.

Its blind homerism at its worst.

Its looking at a run by Thomas Jones that goes for 8 yards and wanting to crown his ass and clowning others that say "Charles would have taken that one for 6"

Some of us watch more combined games of other teams than Chiefs games, but NEVER miss a snap of a Chiefs game as well.

Thats why we look at a play that Cassel dumped off for a 12 yard gain and :facepalm: him...because if he was truly a franchise quarterback, he would have seen the open guy for a 30 yard gain...meanwhile you are in a gamethread pointing out how great it was for you to say Cassel was gonna be great when he was 2 years old because of that 12 yard dump off pass.

If Cassel takes a sack on a play that lasted 6 or 7 seconds.. to you, its not his fault, "its the lines responsibility to protect him"...or some other BS...other of us see the play in its entirety and see how much is being lost.

"The receivers werent getting open" was routinely claimed after the playoff game by you and others...truth is they WERE GETTING OPEN and our receivers had a huge size advantage over all of their corners and we didnt even try. Not one pass to Bowe even though he was given a 10 yard cushion most the game and broke open on a long pattern without Cassel even giving him a look.

Our second best playmaker on offense didnt even get a single pass thrown his way...thats inexcusable on that stage.

Period.

Now, here we are.

A few short weeks away from facing a tough schedule that will likely tell the story of Cassels true development thus far.

If he takes us to the playoffs with this schedule and plays well in the postseason, he will have changed the majority of us "haters" into believers due to the production on the stage.

Now, go ahead and dance around and act like a fool, we are accustomed to it.

FloridaMan88 08-11-2011 09:50 PM

Great pick-up, and could end up being the most important free agent addition the Chiefs have made.

There is no risk here... if he can't recover from his injury then so be it, but if is recovered he provides depth and an insurance policy at the tackle position.

People dumb enough not to see this as a good signing should go crawl up Dictator Carl's ass and die.

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 09:56 PM

It's a good thing this thread descended into a Cassell debate, because we haven't had enough threads about that yet.

TRR 08-11-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818764)
just quit.

Most of the people that wanted nothing to do with the trade in the first place (myself included) had plenty of reasons of why that was the case.

It was just history repeating itself and we all know how that ended up over and over.

After last year, most of us have went to "lets wait and see what he can do against a schedule we will face year in and year out if he is the real deal before crowning him"

You, on the other hand, were slobbing his knob months before he played anything close to "respectable" and act like you should be credited for it over and over.

Its looking at a run by Thomas Jones that goes for 8 yards and wanting to crown his ass and clowning others that say "Charles would have taken that one for 6"

Some of us watch more combined games of other teams than Chiefs games, but NEVER miss a snap of a Chiefs game as well.

Thats why we look at a play that Cassel dumped off for a 12 yard gain and :facepalm: him...because if he was truly a franchise quarterback, he would have seen the open guy for a 30 yard gain...meanwhile you are in a gamethread pointing out how great it was for you to say Cassel was gonna be great when he was 2 years old because of that 12 yard dump off pass.

If Cassel takes a sack on a play that lasted 6 or 7 seconds.. to you, its not his fault, "its the lines responsibility to protect him"...or some other BS...other of us see the play in its entirety and see how much is being lost.

"The receivers werent getting open" was routinely claimed after the playoff game by you and others...truth is they WERE GETTING OPEN and our receivers had a huge size advantage over all of their corners and we didnt even try. Not one pass to Bowe even though he was given a 10 yard cushion most the game and broke open on a long pattern without Cassel even giving him a look.

Our second best playmaker on offense didnt even get a single pass thrown his way...thats inexcusable on that stage.

Period.

Now, here we are.

A few short weeks away from facing a tough schedule that will likely tell the story of Cassels true development thus far.

If he takes us to the playoffs with this schedule and plays well in the postseason, he will have changed the majority of us "haters" into believers due to the production on the stage.

What a gigantic waste of time.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 08-11-2011 10:17 PM

TRR, did you make Cassel cum tonight so he can play loose tomorrow for the first series?

JoeyChuckles 08-11-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 7818751)
I'm a Chiefs fan but the Ravens are my other team.

I won't be getting my hopes up much for Gaither. I think the young man lacks a work ethic. But I would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong as a Chief.

No fair, you can't have other teams. First rule of NFL.

Bewbies 08-11-2011 10:31 PM

I've already been told we can't begin evaluating Cassel yet because it's the preseason.

Speaking of Gaither, how many games before Cassel plunks one off the back of his head?

keg in kc 08-11-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

LT Albert
LG Lilja
C Wiegman
RG Asamoah
RT Richardson

LT Gaither
LG Albert
C Hudson
RG Asamoah

Completely re-shuffling the o-line midseason. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that.

aturnis 08-11-2011 10:46 PM

In three seasons, Albert has averaged giving up 7 sacks. One of those seasons, his rookie year, the offense was pretty well designed to roll away from his side. Wonder how many he would have given up had that not been the case. I don't understand why some of you fight moving Albert so much.

"Can't believe you idiots want to move Albert to RT, of course, only on CP".

**** THAT! The guy IS NOT a LT in the NFL. Period. If the coaching staff wants to give him one more chance, whatever, who cares. If you are going to suggest him getting moved though, why RT? He played LG at a high enough level in college to warrant a 1st round pick.

Then you have Laz chiming in with, "Now that we've signed Gaither, everyone is pretending that Lilja is a weak link so they can justify moving Albert". WHAT?! I have seen exactly ONE person suggest that Lilja was a liability. Other than that, I think everyone just wants the best players on the line in their best position to play.

Lilja struggled plenty at RG. It may not show up in his sacks, but he made the lowlights of GIF'D UP plenty enough. Besides, having too many good interior lineman is a good problem to have.

I don't like the idea of moving Albert to RT just b/c we have a weakness there. That is not how you build a line. You put the best player for each position, at each position. If we wind up with a hole the size of Richardson at RT, then so be it. Mims could develop into the guy we need. God knows he's no LT. Too big and slow. He can manhandle big guys though, and that is what a RT does. He just needs to learn technique. Don't think he'd clear waivers, so I don't know that they'd cut him.

I do think though, that Albert COULD be a decent RT. That is unfortunately where I agree with Laz, and disagree with Milk. I think Albert gets beat by the speed guys too much. He seems to handle the bull rush though.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-11-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7816884)
Didn't pass a physical with Oakland two weeks ago....Wonder what that was all about.

He couldn't hold a puff of weed more than 3 seconds.

rtmike 08-12-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7818897)
He couldn't hold a puff of weed more than 3 seconds.

It must have been some green bud from the NW? ;)

HIChief 08-12-2011 12:26 AM

Roaf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7816916)
Why? Did we just draft a LT @ #1?

Signing a LT that someone else developed is NOT DEVELOPING OUR OWN! We must develop our own or it doesn't count.

There. I helped start his response to you.

We didn't develop Willie Roaf, but I bet all here will agree he sure as hell was counted on! If; and that's a BIG IF Gaither pans out the same way, I don't see why he shouldn't count.

ChiefsCountry 08-12-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7818833)
**** THAT! The guy IS NOT a LT in the NFL. Period.

Your a dumbass.

RealSNR 08-12-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIChief (Post 7818909)
We didn't develop Willie Roaf, but I bet all here will agree he sure as hell was counted on! If; and that's a BIG IF Gaither pans out the same way, I don't see why he shouldn't count.

Context :doh!:

BryanBusby 08-12-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7818926)
Your a dumbass.

You're*

Mr. Arrowhead 08-12-2011 06:44 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...3-8be2c5321122

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the team has signed unrestricted free agent T Jared Gaither.

Gaither (6-9, 340) has played in 33 regular season games (28 starts) and has started five postseason contests with Baltimore (2007-10). He originally entered the league in the fifth round of the 2007 NFL Supplemental Draft. He saw action in 23 games (17 starts) in two seasons at Maryland. Gaither played one season at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-12-2011 06:45 AM

heh, it says he signed on Wednesday, I wonder how the Chiefs kept it quiet for a day

Sofa King 08-12-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIChief (Post 7818909)

LMAO

Come on mang.

Saccopoo 08-12-2011 07:59 AM

Desperation move and nothing more.

Gaither is a pure left tackle that has a history of injuries, with a particularly bad back. He's only 25, and has only had one, perhaps two truly productive, but not great NFL seasons. The guy couldn't pass a physical with the Raiders, who are in a similar situation as the Chiefs with regard to desperately needing production from the OT position - perhaps even more so at the LT spot and they pass on the guy.

This signing is nothing more than a wish and hope that they guy can actually play because of the horrible production that they are seeing (perhaps for the first time for whatever reason) from the tackle position. Gaither isn't going to be the answer for either the LT or RT spot, and neither is Albert. Richardson sucks, though I'm sure that there are plenty around here who still hold out hope that he, like Albert, will finally "get it" and play to the hypothetical potential that some around here envision that both players possess.

I also see that everyone here reads that Mims put Dorsey on the ground and gets giddy that he's going to be the RTOTF. However, the dude is raw as sushi and does not have the mobility that is required to be effective in a zone blocking scheme that the Chiefs run.

In three drafts under Haley and Pioli, the OT position has not been addressed. Gaither, a 6'9", 340 lb. power/drive scheme left tackle only with a history of back injuries, is the only free agent signing of note at the OT position under this current regime. When the likes of Clay Matthews, Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Jared Allen, Elvis Dumervil, et al., are going to be weekly sightings nearly every single week of the 2011 season, I'm hoping that Pioli and Haley finally understand the importance of having a quality offensive tackle on the roster.

I mean, shit. They are so ****ing desperate at this point for decent tackle production that they are trying to convert a defensive tackle and sign a guy who the Raiders wouldn't even take. That's sad.

When Cassel is getting raped every week this season, you can tell me all about team building through awesome drafting and savvy free agent signings.

the Talking Can 08-12-2011 08:08 AM

Albert isn't going anywhere....much like your hemorrhoids

aturnis 08-12-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7818926)
Your a dumbass.

**** YOU! Prove otherwise. Guy has the "potental" to be a LT, mainly b/c he looks like a LT, he just doesnt have the ability.

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-12-2011 08:17 AM

Just to be clear, Gaither is an UFA signing? I was reading at one point that he was a RFA? Did it change in the new CBA?

The Bad Guy 08-12-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7819099)

Gaither is a pure left tackle that has a history of injuries, with a particularly bad back. He's only 25, and has only had one, perhaps two truly productive, but not great NFL seasons. The guy couldn't pass a physical with the Raiders, who are in a similar situation as the Chiefs with regard to desperately needing production from the OT position - perhaps even more so at the LT spot and they pass on the guy.

This signing is nothing more than a wish and hope that they guy can actually play because of the horrible production that they are seeing (perhaps for the first time for whatever reason) from the tackle position. Gaither isn't going to be the answer for either the LT or RT spot, and neither is Albert. Richardson sucks, though I'm sure that there are plenty around here who still hold out hope that he, like Albert, will finally "get it" and play to the hypothetical potential that some around here envision that both players possess.

I also see that everyone here reads that Mims put Dorsey on the ground and gets giddy that he's going to be the RTOTF. However, the dude is raw as sushi and does not have the mobility that is required to be effective in a zone blocking scheme that the Chiefs run.

In three drafts under Haley and Pioli, the OT position has not been addressed. Gaither, a 6'9", 340 lb. power/drive scheme left tackle only with a history of back injuries, is the only free agent signing of note at the OT position under this current regime. When the likes of Clay Matthews, Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Jared Allen, Elvis Dumervil, et al., are going to be weekly sightings nearly every single week of the 2011 season, I'm hoping that Pioli and Haley finally understand the importance of having a quality offensive tackle on the roster.

I mean, shit. They are so ****ing desperate at this point for decent tackle production that they are trying to convert a defensive tackle and sign a guy who the Raiders wouldn't even take. That's sad.

When Cassel is getting raped every week this season, you can tell me all about team building through awesome drafting and savvy free agent signings.

Yes, because we all know that the Raiders operations are the gold standard, and if he couldn't pass a physical with them, then he surely must be worthless.

I don't know if I've ever read someone type so many words and say ****ing nothing at all.

Did you cry when Odung got hurt again last night?

MIAdragon 08-12-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 7818944)
You're*

:facepalm:

aturnis 08-12-2011 08:28 AM

Albert is improving alright. He gave up 7.5 sacks his second year in this system, compared to 9 his first year under Haley. 1.5 sack improvement in a year when we played some of the worst teams in the league, with jack for pass rushers. Those 1.5 less sacks allowed probably had more to do with QB play than anything. Just think, if Zorn can improve Cassel's awareness like he trying to do, he may only give up 6 this year.

LT's main job is to protect the most important player on the team. Albert can run block like a boss, but he can't protect the QB.

The Bad Guy 08-12-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7819157)
Albert is improving alright. He gave up 7.5 sacks his second year in this system, compared to 9 his first year under Haley. 1.5 sack improvement in a year when we played some of the worst teams in the league, with jack for pass rushers. Those 1.5 less sacks allowed probably had more to do with QB play than anything. Just think, if Zorn can improve Cassel's awareness like he trying to do, he may only give up 6 this year.

LT's main job is to protect the most important player on the team. Albert can run block like a boss, but he can't protect the QB.

I always love when people who watch the games use stats as the end all/be all for offensive lineman.

Chiefs=Champions 08-12-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

LMAO Is it draft time again?

notorious 08-12-2011 08:52 AM

Gaither is no risk.

Roaf had injury problems leaving NO, but I do understand that he is the exception and not the rule.

If he works out we hit a homerun, if not, oh well.

Dave Lane 08-12-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Albert was the least worrisome OL last year which is sad. Lilja Weigman Waters and Richardson got ass raped in the playoff game and exposed late in the year. But amongst the OL Albert is the most talented one.

RealSNR 08-12-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Are you talking about Bobby Greenwood? He's a guard, not a tackle.

LOCOChief 08-12-2011 09:22 AM

Maybe someone addressed this but does anyone see some Roaf similarities to this signing and guy? I do.

Brock 08-12-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 7819255)
Maybe someone addressed this but does anyone see some Roaf similarities to this signing and guy? I do.

Yeah. Sure.

noa 08-12-2011 09:27 AM

I think it's a hybrid roaf/turley/kendrell bell/ty law signing, with a hint of brett perriman<br />
<font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font>

The Bad Guy 08-12-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7819262)
Yeah. Sure.

No kidding. There are no ****ing similarities to signing this guy and trading for Roaf.

Roaf was a first team all pro a long time before he came here.

raybec 4 08-12-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7819268)
No kidding. There are no ****ing similarities to signing this guy and trading for Roaf.

Roaf was a first team all pro a long time before he came here.

And he never had any history of being lazy or disgruntled

Holladay 08-12-2011 09:50 AM

unless you are talking bout his wife.

LOCOChief 08-12-2011 09:54 AM

Roaf had injuries and was presumed to be on the second half of his career.

I guess we'll see, but others have seen som potential and ability in this kid.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Here.....let me go ahead and show you something.

Quote:

Cassel is improving alright. He threw 27 TD his second year in this system, compared to 16 his first year under Haley. 11 TD improvement in a year when we played some of the worst teams in the league when it came to pass defense. Those 11 TDs thrown probably had more to do with Dwayne Bowe than anything. Just think, if Zorn can improve Cassel's awareness like he trying to do, he may throw 27 again this year.

Funny how that works....huh?

Brock 08-12-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819332)
Here.....let me go ahead and show you something.

Funny how that works....huh?

LMAO

ChiefsCountry 08-12-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7819134)
**** YOU! Prove otherwise. Guy has the "potental" to be a LT, mainly b/c he looks like a LT, he just doesnt have the ability.

Doesn't have the ability, you are ****ing stupid. He has played well against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Also your little sack argument is funny considering some of the other top young left tackles such as Clady and Sam Baker have almost identical numbers.

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:07 AM

Gotta love the argument that Cassel's numbers improved only because of the weak schedule.
Not like we played a weak schedule in 2009 too.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819355)
Gotta love the argument that Cassel's numbers improved only because of the weak schedule.
Not like we played a weak schedule in 2009 too.

BigRichard 08-12-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

just quit.

Period.

Now, here we are.

:thumb:

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819365)

Eloquent.

I'll wait for you to counter with a list of the elite teams we played in 2009.
Won't take long. There were 3. We played 9 games against teams that finished with sub-.500 records.

Back to last year...
I know, I know...we drew the NFC West...posting big numbers in the passing game against a historically miserable division should've been automatic, right? WRONG. Rivers, the QB unanimously held as the best in the AFC West, played those same four teams...and posted inferior numbers. As did Orton. As did Campbell (though he only played 3 of the 4 NFC-W teams).

Chris Meck 08-12-2011 10:42 AM

As usual, Saccoshit, banging the drum. Also as usual, totally and completely wrong.

This is so NOT a desperation move, and so IS a typical Pioli move. BIG upside, low risk.

When healthy and properly motivated, Gaither could be all world. If not, no big deal. It's not like we spent a ton of money on him, or drafted him in the first round. He's just a young, talented player with some health question marks that we took a flyer on. How is that desperate? I would call it desperate if we signed a couple of tackles in the first few hours of free agency to big deals. This? Not desperate at all. Smart.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819442)
Eloquent.

Won't take long. There were 3. We played 9 games against teams that finished with sub-.500 records.

Back to last year...
I know, I know...we drew the NFC West...posting big numbers in the passing game against a historically miserable division should've been automatic, right? WRONG. Rivers, the QB unanimously held as the best in the AFC West, played those same four teams...and posted inferior numbers. As did Orton. As did Campbell (though he only played 3 of the 4 NFC-W teams).

It was a ****ing joke dude.....JFC.

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819451)

Riiiiiiight.

Sofa King 08-12-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819451)

I don't blame him. This might be the first joke i've ever seen from you.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819458)
Riiiiiiight.

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Brock 08-12-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819442)
Eloquent.

Back to last year...

You missed the point. Some guy was jawing about how Branden Albert gave up a bunch of sacks against a weak schedule.

beach tribe 08-12-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Blasphemous.

Let's just hope his back is OK, and he's better than B Rich.

Micjones 08-12-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7819514)
You missed the point. Some guy was jawing about how Branden Albert gave up a bunch of sacks against a weak schedule.

Nah, I think I got it.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819582)
Nah, I think I got it.

Yeah....because I was looking for any opportunity to bash Cassel. :rolleyes:

I haven't said shit about Cassel since probably the playoff game.

QuikSsurfer 08-12-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

No.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-12-2011 11:46 AM

Sac pops in and makes a fool of himself yet again. On the aftermath of his hero going down no less ROFL

patteeu 08-12-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

I don't think that's a fair assessment. People like pawnmower were in the "let's give the guy a chance and try to remain optimistic until he either pans out or proves that he's a failure" camp but took loads of abuse for not prematurely condemning the guy like most people around here were doing. Those who heaped abuse prematurely have no room to complain about being abused in return now. If Cassel ends up bombing, I'm sure pawnmower will be just as willing to change his tune in response to changing circumstances as you and other early doubters seem to be. It's all really just a difference between people who are hopeful until proven otherwise versus people who are skeptical until proven otherwise, which is just a difference in style not in smarts.

But this thread is about Jared Gaither so it's time to set our starting positions about whether we're hopeful or skeptical about Gaither. I'm hopeful about Gaither because I think the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of straightening out people with work issues (or cutting ties with them early) and I have some hope that they'll find a way to harness this guy's talent in a way that the Baltimore situation couldn't. But I'll be the first to admit that I'm basing this all on what I hear on sports talk radio and read here, not on my own ability to analyze offensive line play.