ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports World Cup Draw (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343255)

FloridaMan88 04-01-2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 16227633)
It is definitely going to be interesting to see how viewership goes. Especially if the US plays on a Sunday. I think the one thing that will bode well, in terms of the world cup competing for eyes with the NFL, is the games shouldn't be happening during the same window since they're on different sides of the world.

How's this for a potential Thanksgiving weekend for Fox...

They get the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving Thursday this year.

Friday is USA vs. England in the World Cup.

Saturday they get Ohio State/Michigan.

And if the NFL gives them the double header that Sunday they could get a big NFL game that day.

George Liquor 04-01-2022 03:41 PM

Anglobowl group is gonna be fun

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-01-2022 03:45 PM

I looked at this thread hoping to see artwork by Rasputin...

scho63 04-01-2022 07:05 PM

This thread is worse than Hope Solo's vagina.

Rasputin 04-01-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16228057)

I did tooo ironically

Rasputin 04-01-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16228057)

I've lost my mojo. Really need something to inspire me but I don't know if I can even focus with my breathing issues going on. I'm sure something random will come up if I get feeling better.

|Zach| 04-01-2022 09:17 PM

Pretty good draw the US is even money to advance. There is no group of death per say this year but Group E is sneaky tough especially when Costa Rica sneaks in there.

US have even money to advance.

|Zach| 04-01-2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16227586)
The World Cup taking place in November going up against the NFL… it will be completely invisible in the US.

Bet you money in this World Cup cycle a record is broken for the most watched soccer game in American history with the USA v ENG matchup.

You are mistaken.

|Zach| 04-01-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16227731)
How can USA petition to get in group A

I always get worried about playing host countries...even when its Qatar.

ChiefBlueCFC 04-01-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16228031)
How's this for a potential Thanksgiving weekend for Fox...

They get the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving Thursday this year.

Friday is USA vs. England in the World Cup.

Saturday they get Ohio State/Michigan.

And if the NFL gives them the double header that Sunday they could get a big NFL game that day.

Probably get USA England in the morning on top of it so it’s before all the other Black Friday college football games.

Can’t wait!

FloridaMan88 04-02-2022 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16228334)
Bet you money in this World Cup cycle a record is broken for the most watched soccer game in American history with the USA v ENG matchup.

You are mistaken.

That one game… USA/England will get good TV ratings because it is on the Friday after Thanksgiving with no NFL and minimal college football competition, but any World Cup games that go up against the NFL will get destroyed.

|Zach| 04-02-2022 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16228506)
That one game… USA/England will get good TV ratings because it is on the Friday after Thanksgiving with no NFL and minimal college football competition, but any World Cup games that go up against the NFL will get destroyed.

You went from "it will be completely invisible in the US" to "well yea that will do really well" with the kicker of "the games going right against the NFL will get destroyed" when the US group games are on Monday afternoon, Friday after noon, and then a Tuesday afternoon.

The venn diagram of soccer fans and NFL fans is not a circle. Sure the NFL gets its viewers but it is funny to watch how quickly you ran away from your first comment. There is only one Sunday in November any games will even go against it.

BWillie 04-02-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16228334)

You are mistaken.

I'm not a soccer fan but I'm going to watch. July 4th ain't for nothing. **** those English oppressors. Freeeedom ***bald eagle cawww cawww***

KCUnited 04-02-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 16228019)
That is going to be some early drinking.

I wonder if some bars/P&L/etc will open early enough for a 9am game if USA makes the knockout round.

I can't speak for bars per se but Strange Days Brewing in the River Market are a bunch of soccer dorks and have opened before 9am to televise matches.

I'm not into soccer but I've found myself there when getting into KC on an early flight.

Jerm 04-02-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16227731)
How can USA petition to get in group A

I’d rather have our group TBH…

Qatar is better than what most think and screw playing the host nation, Senegal is probably the best team to come from CAF, and the Netherlands are always tough.

I like our draw…could’ve been better but could’ve been a lot worse. One of the more decent paths to the Quarterfinals…