ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos Want To Interview EB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341809)

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 16067656)
EB deserve better than the ****ing Donks

He really doesn't.

There's a reason he's not getting these HC vacancies. He's going to get Peter Principled as soon as he gets a shot at the big chair.

EB is a position coach; a fire and brimstone leader who demands the respect of his players. But I've seen very little to indicate he's the sort of organizer and tactician required to be a good HC or even a top notch OC.

And I suspect some of that is coming through in the interview process.

If he gets an offer anywhere, he should take it.

Valiant 01-11-2022 09:47 AM

If only this weren't the Rooney rule I would be excited for him.

T-post Tom 01-11-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 16068908)

Yep! Damn donks are requesting interviews with half the league. EB has no real shot here.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 16068908)

Hey, I hope like hell he gets a job. The draft picks would be great as would the ascension of Kafka (or return of Nagy) to the OC role.

And it never hurts to broaden the Andy coaching tree; relationships are huge in the NFL.

I just don't think he'll be terribly successful. Maybe he can be a smarter Dan Campbell and have guys playing hard for him to grit and grind his way to 8-10 wins/yr.

But I don't see much ceiling here at all. Guy's in his 50s and has never been a HC at any level. I just don't see him amounting to heck of a lot as a HC.

The Franchise 01-11-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16068919)
Hey, I hope like hell he gets a job. The draft picks would be great as would the ascension of Kafka (or return of Nagy) to the OC role.

And it never hurts to broaden the Andy coaching tree; relationships are huge in the NFL.

I just don't think he'll be terribly successful. Maybe he can be a smarter Dan Campbell and have guys playing hard for him to grit and grind his way to 8-10 wins/yr.

But I don't see much ceiling here at all. Guy's in his 50s and has never been a HC at any level. I just don't see him amounting to heck of a lot as a HC.

I'm hoping he goes to Minnesota.

rabblerouser 01-11-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

100% all of this.

lawrenceRaider 01-11-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16067682)
They already interviewed a black guy so maybe cut the token narrative

That said they should hire him because I think he's going to be bad.

Fans of the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers hope the Donks hire EB.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068927)
I'm hoping he goes to Minnesota.

Lot of veterans on that squad.

I'm not sure a noob coach will be able to establish himself all that well in a new locker room with a veteran QB, WRs and defense.

Some of those speeches that get attention here in KC will just engender eyerolls in an established lockerroom.

Miami is probably the best fit for him. Lot of young talent he can try to mold and it seems sometimes like Tua's biggest problem is that he doesn't seem engaged. EB could at least change that.

neech 01-11-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16067770)
I thought Flores was a good coach. Hope he lands somewhere else. But….. Denver will have a top shelf QB when the season starts next year. So they could land a top coach. Just hope it’s not Rodgers as the new QB.

Oh yeah, who might that be?

The Franchise 01-11-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16068946)
Lot of veterans on that squad.

I'm not sure a noob coach will be able to establish himself all that well in a new locker room with a veteran QB, WRs and defense.

Some of those speeches that get attention here in KC will just engender eyerolls in an established lockerroom.

Miami is probably the best fit for him. Lot of young talent he can try to mold and it seems sometimes like Tua's biggest problem is that he doesn't seem engaged. EB could at least change that.

I say Minnesota because he's got familiarity with their ownership but Miami would be a good spot for him. He could work with Tua, or Watson if they want to trade for him.

ChiefsFan123456 01-11-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068957)
I say Minnesota because he's got familiarity with their ownership but Miami would be a good spot for him. He could work with Tua, or Watson if they want to trade for him.

I do not think the ownership is going to bring Bieniemy back after letting Bieniemy go

warpaint* 01-11-2022 10:14 AM

Hire him
Please
At some point Reid will retire and I fear them getting politicked into hiring him

mabbott 01-11-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456 (Post 16068812)
I do not think so, since when assistant coaches go interview other teams and get compensated for it if hired?

Since 2020, the NFL made a resolution that rewards teams for developing minority head coaches. If a team has a minority assistant coach that gets hired as a head coach they get free 3rd round picks for the next two years as a reward.

duncan_idaho 01-11-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Our brains must be aligned today. Thius perfectly describes where I'm at.

saphojunkie 01-11-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabbott (Post 16069163)
Since 2020, the NFL made a resolution that rewards teams for developing minority head coaches. If a team has a minority assistant coach that gets hired as a head coach they get free 3rd round picks for the next two years as a reward.

For this reason alone I root for EB to get a head coaching gig.