ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let’s talk about the upside of this offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323987)

Chiefshrink 07-19-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14354901)
But "teams have TAPE of Mahomes" now!!

They have Tape guys...tape... they can stop us now because now they won't be surprised how awesome he is. :)

"KEEP HIM IN THE POCKET!!!!"

Yeah, it has been hilarious to listen to the majority of the national sports media's narrative that PM2 will take a step back. I think he matches last year if not surpasses his numbers assuming we have limited health issues along the way.

Here is what separates Mahomes from the other young QBs who struggle. Besides having a bazooka for an arm and instinct and maturity of a 35 y.o. vet he desires and works hard at being a thorough student of the game and just happens to have a coach that specializes in beating defenses who he knows how to prepare for even IF they have the tape and who has been in this position before and will make sure PM2 stays ahead of their game and what to look for.

suzzer99 07-19-2019 05:19 PM

If Hardman flashes and Watkins stays healthy - Mahomes could beat his numbers from last year.

But only if he needs to because our D is terrible again.

New World Order 07-19-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14355302)
If Hardman flashes and Watkins stays healthy - Mahomes could beat his numbers from last year.

But only if he needs to because our D is terrible again.

I think the games will slow down this year, but our defense is going to give our offense more possessions.

A lot of these games are going to be over by mid-third quarter.

Lprechaun 07-19-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14355314)
I think the games will slow down this year, but our defense is going to give our offense more possessions.

A lot of these games are going to be over by mid-third.

I think after the end of the season we may look at that being the reason Mahomes numbers drop off.
If the game is in hand, and unlike last year the defense can make stops it would make sense.

stevieray 07-19-2019 05:28 PM

While we still go deep, I see us torching underneath too..I think we see shorter passes for big chunks..I think PM will be even more efficient in his throws and decision making.

Most anticipated season in forever.

Tribal Warfare 07-19-2019 05:29 PM

Zoom, Zoom

New World Order 07-19-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14355320)
While we still go deep, I see us torching underneath too..I think we see shorter passes for big chunks..I think PM will be even more efficient in his throws and decision making.

Most anticipated season in forever.

There's just too much speed to play man and you can't play zone against Andy/Mahomes.

Defenses are going to have to be conservative and keep their safeties high. The screen game could be a big factor this year.

big nasty kcnut 07-19-2019 05:33 PM

I just want pringle in there i feel his speed will hurt other teams defense.

Easy 6 07-19-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

100% fact

IowaHawkeyeChief 07-19-2019 05:58 PM

lets the games begin!

Linebackers will be stuck in Quicksand with RPO action and this speed.

BigRedChief 07-19-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 14355222)
We will see more panic in opposing defenses than this league has ever seen.
Defensive coordinators will be throwing their hands in the air by the end of the first quarter.
Just too much firepower

no matter how much film they watch. How well they plan a defense, They send Hardman and Hill on deep routes and by some miracle they are both covered by a CB and safety. Mahomes has no where to go deep.

How are they going to cover Kelsey one on one over the middle? Or the RB gets past the LB’s? There is going to be a lot of chunks of yards available to be taken advantage of by Mahomes.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-19-2019 06:23 PM

This is going to be Watkins best year ever. Watch.

JakeF 07-19-2019 06:24 PM

Our offense was awesome last year, not sure what more people want. If Watkins hadn't gotten hurt last year our numbers would have been obscene.

It's the defense that is the problem, along with Team health.

JakeF 07-19-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14355387)
This is going to be Watkins best year ever. Watch.

Johnny Manziel is going to be a HoF quarterback. Watch.

Chief Roundup 07-19-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

I ****ing hope not!!! That just means that the network will be switching to a more competitive game. That shit pisses me off.