ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto How would you feel if your significant other gave you a vehicle for Christmas?* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319932)

Zebedee DuBois 12-28-2018 10:27 PM

Those Christmas car commercials are crazy stupid.

The Buick ones with the drunk guy in the chair to the side really bug me.

If it happened to me I would be stunned and make happy comments, but after a period of time (an hour) there would be some pointed questions.

Unless.....it was her way of telling me she had a winning lottery ticket, and even then I would be picky about the selection.

Bugeater 12-28-2018 10:29 PM

Those commercials are stupid. And so are Border Collies. The asswipe who lives behind me has one that I've been forced to listen to incessantly bark anytime it's outside for the last ****ing 10 years. And it's a loud ****ing bark that I can hear all the way into my basement. And god forbid I'm outside and it sees me, it steps the barking up to another whole goddamn level. It's the only dog I've ever known that I could walk up to and fire a bullet directly into it's brain and not feel one ounce of remorse afterwards.

Tornado 12-28-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13991986)
Those commercials are stupid. And so are Border Collies. The asswipe who lives behind me has one that I've been forced to listen to incessantly bark anytime it's outside for the last ****ing 10 years. And it's a loud ****ing bark that I can hear all the way into my basement. And god forbid I'm outside and it sees me, it steps the barking up to another whole goddamn level. It's the only dog I've ever known that I could walk up to and fire a bullet directly into it's brain and not feel one ounce of remorse afterwards.

:shake:

ClevelandBronco 12-28-2018 10:43 PM

Assuming my wife wouldn’t present me with a 1950s pickup that needs a ton of work, I’d surely be disappointed.

Coach 12-28-2018 10:44 PM

"Where the **** are you getting this money from for making this purchase?!?"

Yeah, seeing those lame assed commercials with a new car in the drive way or people buying their S/O a car is just dumb as hell. Ever notice the background that the house is pretty mighty fancy too?

Only the rich people can pull of this kind of stunt.

Flying High D 12-28-2018 10:47 PM

I guess a vehicle would be better than herpes simplex 26 and/or genital warts.

Sassy Squatch 12-28-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

LMAO Pretty sure mine has that same bark. He'll let whoever walks by on the sidewalk hear it.

Deberg_1990 12-28-2018 10:53 PM

Why is it always the luxury cars?

It’s never “Merry Christmas, here’s a new Nissan Versa”

Sassy Squatch 12-28-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13992017)
Why is it always the luxury cars?

It’s never “Merry Christmas, here’s a new Nissan Versa”

If you're rich enough to buy a car as a Christmas present, you're not buying some economy car bullshit.

Flying High D 12-28-2018 10:56 PM

Can you imagine how many sugar daddy’s she has to have on the side to buy her husband a Lexus? My guess 6 minimum.

RealSNR 12-28-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Beagles will do that for me. They don't emit a bark-- they emit Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber doing the most annoying sound in the world in short bursts

Johnny Vegas 12-28-2018 11:18 PM

I’ve usually taken those kinda commercials as the spouse getting the other or each other a leased vehicle.

Bump 12-28-2018 11:21 PM

If you are in a marriage and money means something to you, it's obviously a bad move buying a new car as a gift. It's a commercial, they want people to think that it's a good idea.

Rivaldo 12-28-2018 11:26 PM

I'd feel like this. No better feeling.

<iframe width="800" height="540" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/17lkdqoLt44" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TinyEvel 12-29-2018 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I make TV ads for a living. I've made them for Mitsubishi, Chevy, VW, Hyundai and Volkswagen.

This one pisses me off every time.

I get that in my business are often trying to make things aspirational. But this is total Bs and unrealistic. The house is like a 5 million dollar modern home.

Getting Two of these cars for a holiday gift is BS. and How young are these couple? Thirty? Is he a tech bro? A cliche everyone hates?

I just don't get why they went so high end and the couple is white and privileged AF.

Maybe if they're wearing Dallas Cowboy Jerseys it would be more believable.

**** all this.