ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Megathread preferences (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319515)

DaFace 12-12-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 13954457)
Mega threads suck ass. Start banning people who create them.

Again, that's hard to have a definition for. I started the Eric Berry Haglund thread, which has become a megathread for reasons even I don't really understand. Do I ban myself?

penguinz 12-12-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954458)
Again, that's hard to have a definition for. I started the Eric Berry Haglund thread, which has become a megathread for reasons even I don't really understand. Do I ban myself?

Good point. Ban ****tards that ruin a clean thread with Q because that info was in an impossible to follow mega thread.

SAUTO 12-12-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13954400)
It becomes subjective - what is "breaking news" to one will just be unimportant to another. You're not going to make everyone happy when it comes to the threads around here, especially megathreads.

Mods will have to try to "read the room" as it were and split or not split as to how the thread flows, JMO

I'm a great room reader

SAUTO 12-12-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954436)
I don't even necessarily mind some of the player-specific threads. If you just want to randomly blab about what you think of Austin Reiter, a megathread is a good place to do it.

It just gets really tough to draw the line. The Mahomes thread is great, and if we posted a new thread for every article about him it would be ridiculous.

But I've read 4-5 articles this week about how much attention his no-look passes have gotten around the NFL, and we don't have a single thread dedicated to that discussion.

Link to the articles?

SAUTO 12-12-2018 05:16 PM

I don't think we should lock the threads though

Sofa King 12-12-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954447)
I've actually seen other boards intentionally structure things around megathreads, so I could be convinced to do something like that. Something like...every player gets his own thread, and we add a disclaimer at the top that's something like:

"This thread is for general discussion about Travis Kelce. If you have anything that is particularly noteworthy, PLEASE post it as a new thread rather than just dumping it in here, where 75% of people won't see it."

Sounds good. Print it.

wheeler08 12-12-2018 05:32 PM

Editing titles sounds like too much work. Hate megathreads. New minor threads moar better

Chief Roundup 12-12-2018 05:43 PM

Mega threads definitely have their place. Donkos, Guns, Royals, Cardinals, etc.
I like the idea of editing the thread title in certain situations, like what was done with the Kelvin Benjamin thread.
I would like to see the new information added to the OP, while older information could be put in spoiler tags to keep the length of the OP tolerable.

dirk digler 12-12-2018 05:49 PM

I voted for #2 but probably should have voted for #3 instead or a combo of the two options. I like when you one of you mods edit the thread title to reflect new information.

digger 12-12-2018 05:56 PM

Good discussion, great timing, it's only going to get more crowed in here as the legend of PMII#15 grows.

carcosa 12-12-2018 06:08 PM

There should be one big megathread for all posts. No other threads

DaFace 12-12-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13954570)
Mega threads definitely have their place. Donkos, Guns, Royals, Cardinals, etc.
I like the idea of editing the thread title in certain situations, like what was done with the Kelvin Benjamin thread.
I would like to see the new information added to the OP, while older information could be put in spoiler tags to keep the length of the OP tolerable.

I've wanted to have a "wiki post" function where a small number of users would edit the OP with new info for years. Unfortunately, it's not really possible without just adding an army of mods.

TribalElder 12-12-2018 06:42 PM

cross post as a new thread leaving the old thread?

displacedinMN 12-12-2018 07:26 PM

I would like that some thread get a mandatory spoiler in the OP. Some get damn long.

PHOG 12-12-2018 07:28 PM

Let the poster decide if it should be a new thread or not.

If they want to post it in the mega-thread, so be it.

If they want it to be a new thread, so be it. It will live or die on its own merits.