ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston’s last year in KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317601)

OKchiefs 09-21-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13749926)
He may not. I haven't seen the "unleash the hounds" defense that we heard about all offseason. Still a lot of playing it safe type of stuff. Houston was at his best when we had Hali also applying pressure and setting the edge opposite him and a defensive line that didn't get their shit pushed in. Jaye Howard and Dontari Poe were infinitely better than what's been there the past couple seasons.

Ford and Jones are actually getting pressure though, so it's not like Houston has been going at it alone.

I honestly hope Houston blows up this weekend for 3 sacks and makes me eat crow.

WhawhaWhat 09-21-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749934)
Yea phrases like

"I take the time to just watch him on plays and he doesn't do anything, he runs into the OT and just stands there, he's a bum"

The narrative that he blows is being pushed really hard. Like yesterday Bob Sutton said he played a fine game and when they went back to the guys the first line was "a lot of disinformation out there at 1 arrowhead drive apparently"

Which host is this? Bob Fescoe or KK are my guesses.

Mecca 09-21-2018 09:36 AM

If you do cut Houston and let Ford go, or really just let Ford go this team is probably going to be in the market for a pass rusher who may come on the cheap..

Dante Fowler and Shane Ray are probably going to be options for this team in FA...

kccrow 09-21-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13749921)
I see guys all the time try to compare Houston's season to Von Miller's last season, even though that was a down year for Von.

Pssst.....guess who's on top of the sack leader board in 2018?

I'll give you a hint, he has a REALLY big contract but his name isn't Justin Houston.

Sucks that Houston doesn't get to face the shittiest line in football until December. :D

WhawhaWhat 09-21-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 13749822)
Here’s the info on Houston’s contract./[/url]

<iframe src="http://www.spotrac.com/widget/player/7789/" width="610px" height="610px" frameborder="0" ></iframe>

PAChiefsGuy 09-21-2018 09:37 AM

Lol @ the people still defending Houston. It's obvious he's either lost motivation or offensive lineman have figured out how to block him. And stop with the Von Miller comparisons. Miller currently leads the NFL in sacks with 4 and last year he was doubled more than anyone.

J Houston is nothing but a good run defender and okay pass rusher now. Unless his play dramatically improves the rest of the season (which it more than likely won't) he needs to go.

Mecca 09-21-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13749938)
Which host is this? Bob Fescoe or KK are my guesses.

Fescoes show was the first line...the disinformation from Bob Sutton was Carringtons show, 610 is very heavily pushing that Houston is a turd.

Chiefnj2 09-21-2018 09:37 AM

It's a long season. Wait and see. First two games have been extremely underwhelming. With Ford and Jones generating pressure Houston should find his way to the QB more often than he has. The few times I tried to focus on him, he didn't look like he had much of a dip and speed anymore.

kccrow 09-21-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13749939)
If you do cut Houston and let Ford go, or really just let Ford go this team is probably going to be in the market for a pass rusher who may come on the cheap..

Dante Fowler and Shane Ray are probably going to be options for this team in FA...

I'm all for signing Fowler no matter what. He's a solid situational pass rusher and he's still only 24.

Mecca 09-21-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13749943)
Lol @ the people still defending Houston. It's obvious he's either lost motivation or offensive lineman have figured out how to block him. And stop with the Von Miller comparisons. Miller currently leads the NFL in sacks with 4 and last year he was doubled more than anyone.

J Houston is nothing but a good run defender and okay pass rusher now. Unless his play dramatically improves the rest of the season (which it more than likely won't) he needs to go.

If this team roles with Speaks and Kpass you'll pine to have him back because those guys are way worse...

OKchiefs 09-21-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13749930)
They can’t even begin to consider releasing Houston until Speaks or KPass show that they’re actually good players.

Sure they can. If Ford has a good season they can franchise him. Cutting Houston saves $14 million against the cap that can be used on a pass rusher or elsewhere. They should look at drafting one as well in the 1st or 2nd round. It's not like Houston is providing this huge performance on a weekly basis that can't be replaced. We're the worst defense in the league.

kccrow 09-21-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13749943)

The sack totals were similar. Houston gets doubled and chipped a shit ton too. Justin Houston got hog-tied by the Steelers while Miller played the Seahags. Let's see how it all plays out. We're 2 games into the season for ****s sake.

OKchiefs 09-21-2018 09:41 AM

I think we can convince Shane Ray to come here on a reasonable contract, seeing as he's from here and has a Chiefs tattoo.

Mecca 09-21-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13749955)
Sure they can. If Ford has a good season they can franchise him. Cutting Houston saves $14 million against the cap that can be used on a pass rusher or elsewhere. They should look at drafting one as well in the 1st or 2nd round. It's not like Houston is providing this huge performance on a weekly basis that can't be replaced. We're the worst defense in the league.

Dude..

Dee Ford is a 1 dimensional player that gets hurt all the time, why the **** would you want to tag him?

Mecca 09-21-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13749963)
I think we can convince Shane Ray to come here on a reasonable contract, seeing as he's from here and has a Chiefs tattoo.

That is a possible option but lets be real, that is a reclamation project that you are hoping to turn into production for cheap it's not like he's been good so far.

He's basically Dee Ford, he's a broke dick without a ton of production but you probably get him cheaper.