ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs After ‘kick in the pants,’ Chiefs’ O-line pledges to keep Mahomes cleaner on Friday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316758)

Rausch 08-13-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13672398)
I’m sure this was just the ‘kick in the pants’ they needed!

I get it from that perspective that there isn't much else he can say.

What would he say?

"Yeah, other than LDT and myself this line is ****ing terrible. And honestly, I can't stay healthy so it almost doesn't matter..."

CrowbarMan 08-13-2018 07:28 AM

Did you think the OL was transformed from 9 months ago?

It's the same old song..

Inconsistency on Chiefs' OL putting limitations on Alex Smith - NFL.com, Dec 1st 2017

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-on-alex-smith

TEX 08-13-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13672430)
I get it from that perspective that there isn't much else he can say.

What would he say?

"Yeah, other than LDT and myself this line is ****ing terrible. And honestly, I can't stay healthy so it almost doesn't matter..."

Nailed it!
Now all the IDIOTS who defended the OL need to STFU. We all KNOW what we saw. Only fools saw it differently. This is year 6 under Reid/ He's had PLENTY of time to "fix" the OL. LG has been a virtual turnstile the whole time. LT isn't much better. Put the two together and there are HUGE issues on the left side. The other night, our supposedly "good" RT got whipped by a back-up DE a couple of times, at the same time the usual bad stuff was taking place on the left side, which is UNACCEPTABLE. They're NOT protecting Alex Smith anymore - they're protecting the Chiefs most valuable resource in the past 34 years. Maybe the Chiefs wanted to duplicate Texas Tech's OL, so Mahomes would feel more comfortable running for his life? Bottom line is the Chiefs have far too much time & $$$ invested in the OL for it to be this bad. And WTF is Andy FKN Heck still doing coaching it? :cuss:

O.city 08-13-2018 07:36 AM

Supposedly good? All pro RT? That the one?

I get that they struggled last week, but some of you guys are expecting the early 2000 Chiefs OL.

Rausch 08-13-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13672448)
Nailed it!
Now all the IDIOTS who defended the OL need to STFU. We all KNOW what we saw. Only fools saw it differently. This is year 6 under Reid/ He's had PLENTY of time to "fix" the OL. LG has been a virtual turnstile the whole time. LT isn't much better. Put the two together and there are HUGE issues on the left side. The other night, our supposedly "good" RT got whipped by a back-up DE a couple of times, at the same time the usual bad stuff was taking place on the left side, which is UNACCEPTABLE. They're NOT protecting Alex Smith anymore - they're protecting the Chiefs most valuable resource in the past 34 years. Maybe the Chiefs wanted to duplicate Texas Tech's OL, so Mahomes would feel more comfortable running for his life? Bottom line is the Chiefs have far too much time & $$$ invested in the OL for it to be this bad. And WTF is Andy FKN Heck still doing coaching it? :cuss:

Reid is a former O lineman and he likes athletic guys over huge mauler types.

It's his team, his choice, and he's got the pull to get what he wants.

I would point out though that while in Philly the fans griped about the same thing and he had O line issues there. He also missed on prospects there.

If you're going to roll with Andy that's one of his negatives and you choose to live with it...

TEX 08-13-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13672456)
Reid is a former O lineman and he likes athletic guys over huge mauler types.

It's his team, his choice, and he's got the pull to get what he wants.

I would point out though that while in Philly the fans griped about the same thing and he had O line issues there. He also missed on prospects there.

If you're going to roll with Andy that's one of his negatives and you choose to live with it...

Oh - I get it. BUT his "athletic" guys ought to be able to block...They can't. It's a problem. And the guy coaching them is a buffoon.

Stryker 08-13-2018 08:18 AM

If Mahomes is still upright and not on IR after Chargers, Steelers, Broncos and Jags then I will believe it. This oline has got to be changed via free agency or the draft next year. He is going to get killed.

FringeNC 08-13-2018 08:28 AM

Not sold on Andy Heck.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-13-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 13672483)
If Mahomes is still upright and not on IR after Chargers, Steelers, Broncos and Jags then I will believe it. This oline has got to be changed via free agency or the draft next year. He is going to get killed.

It will be interesting to see where Veach prioritizes money going forward offensively..

Right now one could argue that KC has the best overall set of weapons in the NFL, and that’s great. But if the OL struggles consistently, it won’t matter a whole lot..

Truthfully, if you give Mahomes the Cowboys awesome OL and their poor set of skill players, I think he’d do just fine and make those WRs look good.. but it’d still be a struggle to find open receivers early at times.

But hopefully we can find a balance somewhere in the middle. Which is what I thought we would have this year with an OL that should at least be average.

Rausch 08-13-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13672452)
Supposedly good? All pro RT? That the one?

I get that they struggled last week, but some of you guys are expecting the early 2000 Chiefs OL.

As a whole this line is rated in the bottom 10.

Don't trust me - look at the numbers.

Rausch 08-13-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13672465)
Oh - I get it. BUT his "athletic" guys ought to be able to block...They can't. It's a problem. And the guy coaching them is a buffoon.

Because it's necessary to "drop the anchor" to pass block.

This is a hard thing to spell out but it's basically having lead in your ass while still having agility (not speed, but solid movement while keeping proper balance) and upper body strength.

It's essentially having a fat ass, good legs, and still athletic enough to be strong up top.

SuperBowl4 08-13-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13672221)
Andy was the guy across from DT in the seven-sack game. I've always kind of wondered about the wisdom of having an offensive line coach who holds the record for most sacks yielded in a game when he was playing.

It should have been 8 sacks and GAME OVER! :banghead:

O.city 08-13-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13672518)
As a whole this line is rated in the bottom 10.

Don't trust me - look at the numbers.

Which numbers? Which ratings?

Cause if I look at the numbers from last year, it seems they're right in the 15/16 range. Which allowed them to have one of the better offenses in the NFL last year.

TEX 08-13-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13672531)
Which numbers? Which ratings?

Cause if I look at the numbers from last year, it seems they're right in the 15/16 range. Which allowed them to have one of the better offenses in the NFL last year.

That's ladt year with Fulton stepping in. And last season was a couple slots down from 2016. With Cam Erving at LG this season, they'll be worse.

TEX 08-13-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13672520)
Because it's necessary to "drop the anchor" to pass block.

This is a hard thing to spell out but it's basically having lead in your ass while still having agility (not speed, but solid movement while keeping proper balance) and upper body strength.

It's essentially having a fat ass, good legs, and still athletic enough to be strong up top.

Seems too hard to make it all come together for everyone. Just wish they did SOMETHING really well so KC could count on it when needed.

Also - Fisher and Erving has ZERO Upper body strength but PLENTY of lead in their asses...