ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you move up to get Nelson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314675)

T-post Tom 03-31-2018 05:38 AM

Are you kidding? Oh come on.... If the Chiefs are going to move up, they should NOT do it for a GUARD. They should only do it if they can get FB Dimitri Flowers, (Oklahoma). We need insurance in case Sherman goes down. C'MON!

patteeu 03-31-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13497061)
Are you kidding? Oh come on.... If the Chiefs are going to move up, they should NOT do it for a GUARD. They should only do it if they can get FB Dimitri Flowers, (Oklahoma). We need insurance in case Sherman goes down. C'MON!

Not to mention the two FB formation possibilities!

ILChief 03-31-2018 06:55 AM

Move up from the mid 50s to top 5?

patteeu 03-31-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13497077)
Move up from the mid 50s to top 5?

No. Only if he drops to 6 or later per the OP. Moving up to 5 would cost way too much.

Chiefshrink 03-31-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13497034)
Listen here Dickhead. I know 4000 yard by Mahomes is a given . I want 6000 and Nelson is a generational player that would be guarding Mahomes for 15 years.

And it's not bore's . ITS BOARS

I get your point Hog, but we need too much help on defense and unless that particular offensive player they have targeted and are crazy about ( assuming they ARE crazy about a G/TE) falls in realistic reach then maybe going from 54 to the mid 30's or 40's is more realistic. Trading up into the latter 1sr will cost enough so the player better be stellar. Quite frankly, I believe it will be a defensive player that will be our first pick who will fall and then we might trade up if there is a chance. Just too many holes on defense my friend.

oldman 03-31-2018 08:28 AM

I agree, while LG is a need, there are too many holes on D to give up a whole lot of draft capital for a LG in a thin class.

milkman 03-31-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13496747)
You go ahead with Ehinger and Witzmann, two lightweights who cant improve the line, only maintain mediocrity with mediocre play... stop fighting it, and start advocating for a manimal at LG

This line needs a genuine beast, it brings balance to The Force

I might be the only one here who isn't ready to give up on Parker Ehinger.

The kid is technically sound, but lacked the functional strength to compete.
If he has had any chance to work on his strength training and add some weight, he still has the chance to be pretty damn good.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13497381)

If he has had any chance to work on his strength training and add some weight, he still has the chance to be pretty damn good.

Him being injured just changed the way people view him because he wasn't available. I hope you're right.

BossChief 03-31-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

I think most have disregarded him because he couldn’t get on the field last year even after returning from injury

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13496929)
We could have moved one of Fulton or Morse to guard if this was really the "need" to put us over the top. I'm guessing the front office believes they can fill this hole respectably without committing such resources.

Um, did you not watch last year when Fulton played guard? He's too slow and not mobile enough to play that position.

The Chiefs went through multiple LG's last year in Witzmann, Fulton, Ehinger in the Denver game and Cam Erving.

None of them are the solution.

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13497026)
not that big a need when you have four players that net over a 1000 yards in a season :thumb:

:facepalm:

oldman 03-31-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Consider that he really didn't play much as a rookie and only in 1 game last year after rehab, we really don't know what we have in him. I personally would've liked to retain Fulton as our C and move Morse to G but we didn't. Ehinger is just going to have to step up and we'll just run behind the right side of the line. Yes, there's room for an upgrade, but not at the expense of our few draft picks.

RustShack 03-31-2018 07:48 PM

No. Jesus no.

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13497486)
Consider that he really didn't play much as a rookie and only in 1 game last year after rehab, we really don't know what we have in him. I personally would've liked to retain Fulton as our C and move Morse to G but we didn't. Ehinger is just going to have to step up and we'll just run behind the right side of the line. Yes, there's room for an upgrade, but not at the expense of our few draft picks.

He started five games his rookie season. He was okay in Pass Pro and terrible in the ground game.

Milkman touched upon the fact that he needs to get stronger but I'm not sure how much stronger he could have become while rehabbing an ACL.

At this point in time, he appears to be more of a "Swing" guard or tackle, as he played all 5 positions in college but he'll need to make a serious leap become a solid starter.

The Chiefs have a shit ton of draft picks. 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7, 7.

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13497419)
I think most have disregarded him because he couldn’t get on the field last year even after returning from injury

I still believe that's because it takes at least 12 months to recover from an ACL tear and most guys aren't near 100% until 2 years after surgery.

Ehinger didn't have surgery until late November 2016, so it's not a surprise that he didn't get a start, other than Denver, last season.