ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sam Darnold is entering the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312853)

BryanBusby 01-03-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13329138)
I meant he's the reason you don't stay. Barkley got hurt and tanked his stock. There's a lot more to lose then to gain by staying.

Disagree with all this.

Barkley mostly fell because teams figured out he was quite limited with talent, and Darnold doesn't have that problem.

Darnold isn't a lock to go #1 overall exactly and could stand to learn a lot more at school. Having Hue Jackson develop you is a nightmare situation.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13329137)
I see him as the next Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson didn't need "developing".

http://diysolarpanelsv.com/images/clipart-quack-35.jpg

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13329149)
Bray was undrafted

I know. I really meant pickups/picks.

Titty Meat 01-03-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13328972)
Yeah, he did a great job of identifying Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan.

Stud.

Mahomes, Kelce, LDT, Fulton, Hunt, Hill, etc.

Reerun_KC 01-03-2018 10:12 PM

Mayfield is the next Ryan leaf.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13329437)

I think he's gonna be like a version of Johnny Football who isn't completely void of character. Although who knows if he gets big money.

He'll probably rattle around the league for awhile as a backup unless some team is dumb enough to draft him high and hand him the keys.

Reerun_KC 01-03-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13329447)
I think he's gonna be like a version of Johnny Football who isn't completely void of character.

He'll probably rattle around the league for awhile as a backup if some team is dumb enough to draft him high and hand him the keys.

He’s a class A dbag and has the Ryan leaf attitude.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-03-2018 10:20 PM

The only thing Mayfield has in common with Wilson is size. His arm isn't as good, he's not as mobile, and he doesn't have any time in a pro-style offense.

Chiefshrink 01-03-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13329156)
Russell Wilson didn't need "developing".

Seriously ?:rolleyes: Some rookies come in more developed than others BUT NO ROOKIE QB comes into the league "FULLY DEVELOPED".:shake: Every rookie needs "developing" regardless of smarts, committment and athletic talent. Yes he had a very good rookie year as a starter but the OC and defense greatly protected him until he got "fully developed". Very much the same situation for Ben in Pitt his rookie year.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-03-2018 10:51 PM

You know, even though I've never liked the whole premise of denying an NFL team of drafting you, I do begin to understand the player's POV as I think about it more...

Because obviously we know that each QB who enters the league has a floor and a ceiling. Everyone talks about them in that manner. For example...

Patrick Mahomes was said by many to have the ceiling of Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. Well, that might be true, but if every single NFL team thought that they could get him to reach that ceiling, he would have went #1 overall easily. Problem is, most organizations probably couldn't provide him the proper situation to allow him to become his best self. This is why the kid falls to pick 10, where the Chiefs obviously came into play. With Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and the weapons in place on this roster, the Chiefs probably provided Patrick the best odds to reach that Favre/Rodgers ceiling IMHO.

Just as Tom Brady wouldn't be Tom Brady without BB. How Eli Manning probably never reaches or wins a SB with the Chargers. How Aaron Rodgers may never be quite as great as he is if not given the luxury of development under Favre.

Odds are, Darnold, Rosen, or any of these QBs are not going to max out their potential in Cleveland. Maybe not even close. So if they want to tell Dorsey to **** off, I won't blame them.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-03-2018 11:23 PM

None of these guys are even in Mahomes league as a pro prospect. Denver is going to get a piece of shit like Allen ROFL

NWTF 01-04-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13329150)
Disagree with all this.

Barkley mostly fell because teams figured out he was quite limited with talent, and Darnold doesn't have that problem.

Darnold isn't a lock to go #1 overall exactly and could stand to learn a lot more at school. Having Hue Jackson develop you is a nightmare situation.

Well the Browns being the Browns they will probably decide this is the year to draft their QB and will take the guy who made it clear he didnt want to go there. Rosen.

Titty Meat 01-04-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13329519)
You know, even though I've never liked the whole premise of denying an NFL team of drafting you, I do begin to understand the player's POV as I think about it more...

Because obviously we know that each QB who enters the league has a floor and a ceiling. Everyone talks about them in that manner. For example...

Patrick Mahomes was said by many to have the ceiling of Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. Well, that might be true, but if every single NFL team thought that they could get him to reach that ceiling, he would have went #1 overall easily. Problem is, most organizations probably couldn't provide him the proper situation to allow him to become his best self. This is why the kid falls to pick 10, where the Chiefs obviously came into play. With Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and the weapons in place on this roster, the Chiefs probably provided Patrick the best odds to reach that Favre/Rodgers ceiling IMHO.

Just as Tom Brady wouldn't be Tom Brady without BB. How Eli Manning probably never reaches or wins a SB with the Chargers. How Aaron Rodgers may never be quite as great as he is if not given the luxury of development under Favre.

Odds are, Darnold, Rosen, or any of these QBs are not going to max out their potential in Cleveland. Maybe not even close. So if they want to tell Dorsey to **** off, I won't blame them.

Why not? Are you denying that Dorsey is a capable GM of acquiring talent? When's the last time Cleveland had that?

Frosty 01-04-2018 02:40 AM

Darnold = Sanchez 2.0. Should have stayed in school another year since he has less than two seasons of starts and this last season wasn't terribly impressive.

Rosen seems to have a little Ryan Leaf in him. Loads of talent but a self-centered asshole (seemingly).

The Jake Locker comparison for Allen is apt, imo. Too inconsistent and inaccurate.

The rest are meh.

CupidStunt 01-04-2018 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13329437)

No because he won't go nearly that high. And unlike Leaf, people don't EXPECT Mayfield to be good in the NFL. He's an immature midget with a bad arm, and most can see that.