ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs not considering benching Alex Smith for Patrick Mahomes this season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311791)

penchief 11-26-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13237362)
Good, there’s not ****ing point. Been saying it all year long.

Don't count your checkdowns just yet...

Reerun_KC 11-26-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 13237500)
Don't count your checkdowns just yet...

ROFL. Well played

Rasputin 11-26-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13237468)
Meaningless

Theres no reason to cause open controversy. Teams do this all the time.

Remember when fans were convinced we weren't drafting a first round quarterback this year because Dorsey said "none of them are ready."

NFL teams are secretive and deceptive, as they should be

Yes there is reason to start a Quarterback controversy. Like it did to start the season light a stick of Dynamite under Alex Smith or bench his lame ass for our future benefit.

ILChief 11-26-2017 10:32 AM

When the time comes, there will be a phantom injury to avoid humiliation and preserve trade value

TLO 11-26-2017 10:34 AM

The boos will reign down on Alex from the Arrowhead crowd today, and it will be glorious.

RunKC 11-26-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13237509)
Yes there is reason to start a Quarterback controversy. Like it did to start the season light a stick of Dynamite under Alex Smith or bench his lame ass for our future benefit.

Benching Alex will hurt his trade value. That's why they aren't going to make a move.

Chiefshrink 11-26-2017 10:44 AM

The FO using the press here to quiet the fan base, BUT the FO can't prevent AS's neutured crappy play and is AR willing to risk losing the division to the Chargers(a la not going to the playoffs) just so he can prevent any kind of physical contact on Mahomes this year ? AR is too competitive and I don't think so.

But In58men is okay with trashing the season with AS this year, thus lowering AS's trade value, thus delaying Mahomes NFL QB development until next year, ALL FOR WHAT ???

SO HE DOESN"T GET INJURED THIS YEAR AS OPPOSED TO NEXT YEAR???

What's the point ??? Heck, IF Mahomes got injured this next month he still plays next year !! IF he gets injured next year he is out all season delaying his QB development EVEN MORE because he didn't play this year !!! And IF Mahomes stinks it up this year, so what !! You can't destroy this kid's psyche because he played at Texas Tech for goodness sake, throwing 25 INTS in 2yrs !!!

carcosa 11-26-2017 11:12 AM

Alex Smith sucks ass!!!!!!

Ming the Merciless 11-26-2017 11:18 AM

http://retribution.fm/r/38/images/image10.gif

Easy 6 11-26-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13237354)
And? We knew this.

Yep, there was never really any doubt... Reids a stubborn SOB about certain things, and this is one of them

The good news is that by week 1 2018, Money Mahomes will be polished up and have many gleaming facets

Chiefshrink 11-26-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13237526)
Benching Alex will hurt his trade value. That's why they aren't going to make a move.

So you believe that AR is okay forgoing the playoffs this year then in order to recoup some picks ???

Don't get me wrong, I think you are correct assuming AS's play is just mediocre BUT IF AS continues to play really bad how does that not hurt his trade value just as bad while forgoing the playoffs as well ??

Rausch 11-26-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13237529)

SO HE DOESN"T GET INJURED THIS YEAR AS OPPOSED TO NEXT YEAR???

I'm a Chiefs fan, so my view is completely reeruned on reality, but I think there's a chance we can add to the line, secondary, and LB units this offseason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13237529)
[B]What's the point ??? Heck, IF Mahomes got injured this next month he still plays next year !!

Like Teddy Bridgewater?

Why would you want your QBOTF to be exposed to that in a pointless effort?...

Chiefshrink 11-26-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13237621)
The good news is that by week 1 2018, Money Mahomes will be polished up and have many gleaming facets

Understand we would see these polished up gleaming facets much sooner next year IF he were to get out the elbow grease and polish up some this year.:D

KChiefs1 11-26-2017 11:31 AM

I don't want to read anything from La Canfora.

Chiefshrink 11-26-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13237633)
I'm a Chiefs fan, so my view is completely reeruned on reality, but I think there's a chance we can add to the line, secondary, and LB units this offseason.

Like Teddy Bridgewater?

Why would you want your QBOTF to be exposed to that in a pointless effort?...

We will add to our other units regardless whether PM2 plays this year or next. You do realize TB's inury was a non-contact fluky injury ?? Water is wet and I could get run over crossing the street tomorrow. Why delay PM2's development IF we could not only start it this year but get his confidence going getting used to the playoffs this year ?? Just saying.