ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Steven Nelson might play on Monday night. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311034)

NJChiefsFan 10-23-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13173166)
Because Nelson and Tamba were both out and Reid said earlier this week we were getting reinforcements back. Just wanted to know

That makes sense. Just put the question in the Tamba thread. This nelson conversation shouldn't be lost considering what our secondary looks like right now.

Frosty 10-23-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All In (Post 13172972)
Ok so Nelson comes back. Do you think it will make that much of a difference when the secondary isnt playing well as a whole? All 6 dbs looked bad on Thursday. Gaines had to cover the entire middle field side to side with no help. Peters has given up 9 tds so far. Mitchell is getting burned. Parker is grabbing receivers and Sorenson is missing tackles. Houston is dropped into coverage without anyone around for 20 yards!!!This tells me that Sutton is the problem. They are in man too much and are not disrupting the receiver off the line of scrimmage. I hope you are right about Nelson to save the season but i wouldnt bank on it with these schemes.

Peters with Nelson - All Pro
Peters without Nelson - shitshow

Do the math.

All In 10-23-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13173393)

Do the math.

Lol we will see:shake:

Chiefshrink 10-23-2017 10:02 PM

In reality we really don't need him just yet against Denver IF he needs just a little bit more rest. Denver's o-line, Siemian and Sanders potentially not playing, lack of a running game, I don't see a real threat BUT......:hmmm:

Frosty 10-23-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All In (Post 13173403)
Lol we will see:shake:

It's that Pac12 bond that sustains them.

Chiefshrink 10-23-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13173393)

Do the math.

One is a tackler and the other one is a "kneeler".:shrug:

Frosty 10-23-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13173404)
In reality we really don't need him just yet against Denver IF he needs just a little bit more rest. Denver's o-line, Siemian and Sanders potentially not playing, lack of a running game, I don't see a real threat BUT......:hmmm:

It's going to take some time for Nelson to get into game shape. Might as well start now if possible.

Chiefshrink 10-23-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All In (Post 13172972)
Ok so Nelson comes back. Do you think it will make that much of a difference when the secondary isnt playing well as a whole? All 6 dbs looked bad on Thursday. Gaines had to cover the entire middle field side to side with no help. Peters has given up 9 tds so far. Mitchell is getting burned. Parker is grabbing receivers and Sorenson is missing tackles. Houston is dropped into coverage without anyone around for 20 yards!!!This tells me that Sutton is the problem. They are in man too much and are not disrupting the receiver off the line of scrimmage. I hope you are right about Nelson to save the season but i wouldnt bank on it with these schemes.

I agree with your statement here except for what is in bold. Your statement here say's just the opposite to me that we have very little talent and need real talent back there. Peters is way overrated IMHO. Gaines is another Marcus Cooper and his head is messed up. Mitchell may compete but he is just not that good. Sorenson is a back up at best. Parker is trying to do too much because he knows the talent is very limited. You think these guys are playing bad because of scheme but my "football eyes" say otherwise.

Where this narrative came from that we have an elite 2ndary comes from Peters quick start in the NFL and E Barry and thus their colleagues get coat tail glory as well BUT over time as Peters gets exposed and OC's are starting to figure this guy out he is very vulnerable and with Barry out thus the rest of our 2ndary gets exposed even more.

Bottom line: Sutton can't come out and say we are not that talented in the 2ndary or for that matter the D as a whole so he attempts to make chicken salad out of chicken dung not just with the 2ndary but with the DL and LBs as well. If he schemed as though we had Barry and saw the rest of the 2ndary and trench players as "very good to all pro" at most positions we would be getting even "more roasted" than we are. Am I saying Sutton is totally innocent in all this ? Absolutely not BUT the talent just isn't there and the talent we do have in the 2ndary is done for the season so it is "bend but don't break between the 20's and have an elite red zone D" just like last year.:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink 10-23-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13173408)
It's going to take some time for Nelson to get into game shape. Might as well start now if possible.

Very true and IF he is truly healthy get him some snaps then I agree.

All In 10-24-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13173428)
I agree with your statement here except for what is in bold. Your statement here say's just the opposite to me that we have very little talent and need real talent back there. Peters is way overrated IMHO. Gaines is another Marcus Cooper and his head is messed up. Mitchell may compete but he is just not that good. Sorenson is a back up at best. Parker is trying to do too much because he knows the talent is very limited. You think these guys are playing bad because of scheme but my "football eyes" say otherwise.

Where this narrative came from that we have an elite 2ndary comes from Peters quick start in the NFL and E Barry and thus their colleagues get coat tail glory as well BUT over time as Peters gets exposed and OC's are starting to figure this guy out he is very vulnerable and with Barry out thus the rest of our 2ndary gets exposed even more.

Bottom line: Sutton can't come out and say we are not that talented in the 2ndary or for that matter the D as a whole so he attempts to make chicken salad out of chicken dung not just with the 2ndary but with the DL and LBs as well. If he schemed as though we had Barry and saw the rest of the 2ndary and trench players as "very good to all pro" at most positions we would be getting even "more roasted" than we are. Am I saying Sutton is totally innocent in all this ? Absolutely not BUT the talent just isn't there and the talent we do have in the 2ndary is done for the season so it is "bend but don't break between the 20's and have an elite red zone D" just like last year.:rolleyes:

I see it just the opposite. The schemes are what is causing the poor play not the talent. Why all of a sudden do they all suck? I can tell you, the secondary is not happy right now with what is going on. Would you be if as a unit you are playing like crap. I hope y'all are right about Nelson giving a big boost to the secondary. I dont believe anyone can help with these schemes except for berry of course.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2017 07:11 AM

We won't need him.

Jones and Houston are going to savagely assault that OL.

Lzen 10-24-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All In (Post 13173606)
I see it just the opposite. The schemes are what is causing the poor play not the talent. Why all of a sudden do they all suck? I can tell you, the secondary is not happy right now with what is going on. Would you be if as a unit you are playing like crap. I hope y'all are right about Nelson giving a big boost to the secondary. I dont believe anyone can help with these schemes except for berry of course.

I tend to agree. Remember Peters blowing up on Sutton during the Texans game? Also, this defense was ranked in the bottom of the league in yards allowed last year. The only difference was that they were getting turnovers.

The Franchise 10-24-2017 09:04 AM

If the defense looks like shit against this offense.....then we know that we have huge problems.

O.city 10-24-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13173750)
If the defense looks like shit against this offense.....then we know that we have huge problems.

They're gonna be 5-4 heading into the bye.

I think theyve fallen off a cliff

carcosa 10-24-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13173761)
They're gonna be 5-4 heading into the bye.

I think theyve fallen off a cliff

We'll be fine