ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (9/19) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310224)

mnchiefsguy 09-23-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13097414)
I probably start shopping him the first year he doesn't take us to the Super Bowl. There's some wiggle room on that declaration but overall I'm dead serious.

I'm keeping him so long as he's taking us to Super Bowls.

If he can't win the Super Bowl, no point in keeping him. Just getting there is not enough given the price you are paying.

If the price for winning the Super Bowl is Alex finishing his contract, then that is a price I am willing to pay. It is not a price I am willing to pay if he is gonna show up in the Super Bowl, play Alex football and lose.

Through 2 weeks of this season, we have one Alex Super Star game, and one Alex Game Manager mediocre game.....not enough evidence yet to support that we are going to get Alex Super Star on a consistent basis.

Discuss Thrower 09-23-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13097384)
You are the biggest negative dipshit on this forum by a wide, wide margin.

Your next take on this forum that isn't blatant homerism will be your first.

BryanBusby 09-24-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13097414)
I probably start shopping him the first year he doesn't take us to the Super Bowl. There's some wiggle room on that declaration but overall I'm dead serious.

I'm keeping him so long as he's taking us to Super Bowls.

Shop him for what at that point? A bag of balls and a used condom?

Direckshun 09-25-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13102878)
Shop him for what at that point? A bag of balls and a used condom?

We've seen 38 year old QBs that suck get paid in the NFL in the last 12 months alone.

Someone will pay for Alex Smith.

BryanBusby 09-25-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13104398)
We've seen 38 year old QBs that suck get paid in the NFL in the last 12 months alone.

They aren't trading for a QB in his later 30's.

Direckshun 09-25-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13104408)
They aren't trading for a QB in his later 30's.

So say some.

BryanBusby 09-25-2017 07:30 AM

Name some traded QB's that were 35+ and not a slam dunk future HoFer. When you name those guys, list the return haul.

Direckshun 09-25-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13104474)
Name some traded QB's that were 35+ and not a slam dunk future HoFer. When you name those guys, list the return haul.

The problem is that it's an art, not a science. You're dealing with human talents and they are not always easily categorized.

It's not common, but it's not unheardof for a team that feels like they can win a Super Bowl now to make some aggressive moves in order to win.

mnchiefsguy 09-25-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13104398)

I think yesterday's performance can put all of the extension and keeping Alex on the roster talk to bed.

Time to go back to the mock drawing board. Alex is not on this team next year.

BryanBusby 09-25-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13104497)
The problem is that it's an art, not a science. You're dealing with human talents and they are not always easily categorized.

It's not common, but it's not unheardof for a team that feels like they can win a Super Bowl now to make some aggressive moves in order to win.

I have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Teams are reluctant to trade for old QB's that can bottom out on the physical ability at any time. There's a major difference between 34 years old and 36.

Direckshun 09-25-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13104740)
I have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Teams are reluctant to trade for old QB's that can bottom out on the physical ability at any time. There's a major difference between 34 years old and 36.

That's fair.

RunKC 09-25-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13097196)
And meanwhile, you extended Alex. When does he ****ing leave? The year before we have to decide on Mahomes' option? When HE'S going to need a new contract? And he's going to want starter's money for having played jack ****ing shit games?

Don't Brock Osweiler our QB, please. You do that shit to 4th round QBs. You DON'T do that to QBs who cost you an extra 1st and 3rd to acquire.

The sooner Alex gets his ass out of here the ****ing better. Ravens did it to Dilfer. Bucs did it to Brad Johnson. We need to do the same to Alex should we be as fortunate as them to win the big one.

You guys are too paranoid. Alex isn't being extended and the only reason Mahomes isn't playing right now is because he's a rookie. I mean come on now. Andy himself wanted Mahomes.

Andy knows that Alex can't get it done. he wouldn't have drafted Mahomes if he didn't think that.

But honestly, if we win the SB with Alex this year, they can start the Mahomes era in 2019 for all I care. As long as we win the damn thing.

BryanBusby 09-25-2017 12:51 PM

I think 2017 being it for Alex is as close of a slamdunk as there is, so I don't see paranoia.

It's just bizarre that there's an actual hivemind of not only keeping Captain Average, but giving him an extension. Seriously lol'n

Only Chiefs fans would die on a hill of total mediocrity

Direckshun 09-26-2017 07:58 AM

Are you kidding me, Bryan? Are you seriously kidding me?

You've been a member of ChiefsPlanet for 11 years, and you're accusing me of being an Alex Smith homer?

You've been on this board for 11 years. You know better.

BryanBusby 09-26-2017 08:19 AM

You're carrying his water, so.....