ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- We're way overdue to discuss Steak and Shake in depth. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310075)

BucEyedPea 09-14-2017 11:03 AM

Plus their burgers are greasy as an oil slick.

hometeam 09-14-2017 11:03 AM

Our steak and shake here is notoriously dirty, nasty, bad service, undercooked food, overcooked food, and generally just a pile of shit. everyone in the city knows it. Not sure how its still in business TBH.

Predarat 09-14-2017 11:07 AM

Its very good for the price, you can get a cheeseburger, fries and a shake/malt for 6 and change, I think some days maybe less.

SiMMENS 09-14-2017 11:12 AM

The Steak and Shakes here in Columbia all seem to be pretty good. I stepped outside of the usual burgers last time and have to say the Chili Mac Supreme was pretty darn good. I always liked their Chili though

Fire Me Boy! 09-14-2017 11:28 AM

My wife and I do Steak & Shake semi-regularly for a weekend breakfast. They're cheap and quite good. I also like that they have their full menu available, so while my wife gets some kind of biscuit, gravy, sausage, egg skillet, I'll usually still get a double steak burger. Love their fries, and their shakes are quite good. You can get a malt, too! Service at ours is always good.

Dartgod 09-14-2017 11:51 AM

I love their burgers, give me a double cheese with ketchup , mustard and pickles. nom, nom, nom, nom...

I'm not a big fan of their fries though. Give me a fry that holds some ketchup on it without having to grab a big bundle of them. O-rings are good though.

And of course their shakes are tasty. Chocolate is the go to.

Fire Me Boy! 09-14-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DartMod (Post 13080396)
I love their burgers, give me a double cheese with ketchup , mustard and pickles. nom, nom, nom, nom...

I'm not a big fan of their fries though. Give me a fry that holds some ketchup on it without having to grab a big bundle of them. O-rings are good though.

And of course their shakes are tasty. Chocolate is the go to.

Never had their onion rings. But on their fries, about the only time I advocate eating fries with a fork. Just spray ketchup all over and go to town.

Dartgod 09-14-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13080404)
Never had their onion rings. But on their fries, about the only time I advocate eating fries with a fork. Just spray ketchup all over and go to town.

Oh hell no!

No ketchup can ever touch my fries until I'm ready for it to touch my fries.

****ing uncivilized heathen.

Fire Me Boy! 09-14-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DartMod (Post 13080406)
Oh hell no!

No ketchup can ever touch my fries until I'm ready for it to touch my fries.

****ing uncivilized heathen.

You don't let them sit and get soggy. I usually eat one thing at a time, though. So burger, then fries.

DaneMcCloud 09-14-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13080296)
I thought you were a Spago or Ivy kind of guy? :hmmm:

Taking young children to expensive restaurants is a complete waste of money.

scho63 09-14-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13080423)
Taking young children to expensive restaurants is a complete waste of money.

Very true plus single guys like me give you the evil eye when they start acting up! ROFL

Simply Red 09-14-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13080161)
I wouldn't get their chili again because I don't care for kidney bean chili with fries (or in general).

I prefer meatless chili for fries and black bean chili in general.

I'm the same - but their normal chili mac is free of beans - at least out here they are.

Baby Lee 09-14-2017 01:11 PM

Extend your dollar. Sam's club has $50 in gift cards for like $38.

Want a cheap meal, get a Sam's club SnS card, get a coupon and go between 2-5. $3.99 menu gets you burger and fries, coupon gets you free side w/burger meal [I go with salad], and soda/shakes are 1/2 price.

Full meal for $5.50-6.00 tax included, depending on if you get a shake or soda. Plus, with the pro-rating of the gift card, you actually spent $4.20-$4.60 for the meal.

Baby Lee 09-14-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13079987)
I really like it.

I tried Freddy's because my wife said a friend of hers said it was 'just like Steak n Shake".
We tried it, and overall didn't care for it. you could literrally see through the hamburger 'patty' - if that's what you want to call it.

Steak n Shake FTW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13080019)
Get the double. I love thin burgers, more crust from the flat-top.

That's the danger of a 'smash burger' They take the same amount of meat, but they aggressively press it into the grill to increase the surface area in contact with the grill. Increases the Maillard Reaction, so you get crispy umami bits all over instead of a crust with steamed meat inside. Sometimes you get see-through sections. So you buy a double or a triple.

Note, this video uses a form to keep the thickness, but Freddy's and Steak'n'Shake use a spatula and arm strength. So they get push through.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kBHZBTXDBW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-14-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MODSAUTO (Post 13080111)
Their fries suck

I used to HATE their fries. For those who don't know why, they're really really thin, like shoestring potatoes more than fries [that's why FMB suggests eating them with a fork]. Like as thin as a coffee stirrer, as opposed to a pencil or straw.

But the honey mustard makes up for it. Second best honey mustard in the business behind Culvers.