ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Panthers fire GM Gettlemen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308775)

Eleazar 07-18-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12961151)
Dorsey vs Fat Scott in the NFC South in a battle of which former GM will win a Super Bowl before the Chiefs do

We'd have a lot better chance to win that race if it was Andy Reid going to the Panthers instead of Dorsey.

ptlyon 07-18-2017 08:42 AM

Because, Chiefs

Where's SR to tell us "we'll be fine"?

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12961128)
You fire your GM this late in the game when one is available to improve your team. This is certain an attempt to grab Dorsey.

This is probably the best time to fire the GM.

There's a 90 man roster ready for TC, the draft is over and most coaches have Final Say over the 53.

A new GM's biggest job is preparing for the Draft and Free Agency, making June or July much more advantageous than January or February.

I won't be surprised to see this trend continue.

threebag 07-18-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

You fire your GM this late in the game when one is available to improve your team. This is certain an attempt to grab Dorsey.

Reading way too much into it.

mdchiefsfan 07-18-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12961201)
This is probably the best time to fire the GM.

There's a 90 man roster ready for TC, the draft is over and most coaches have Final Say over the 53.

A new GM's biggest job is preparing for the Draft and Free Agency, making June or July much more advantageous than January or February.

I won't be surprised to see this trend continue.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...7&postcount=32

I said this on 6.26 about the timing of firing your GM:

Quote:

There is never a correct time to replace a full year position, but if it had to be done, then you do it as soon as the need is identified.

I think it would be much worse to have a person scouting your team's specific needs for the rest of the season, dropping him, then asking someone to draft for you based on the evals they put in on another team.

mdchiefsfan 07-18-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12961210)
Reading way too much into it.

Why is that?

The Franchise 07-18-2017 09:18 AM

They were talking about this on SiriusXM and it was brought up that this firing could have been because of how tough he is on veteran contracts when it comes time to re-sign players. I guess Thomas Davis is going to need a new contract and Greg Olsen is threatening to hold out on his deal as well. The Owner knew how Gettelmen let Steve Smith walk and how he handled the Josh Norman situation.

WhiteWhale 07-18-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12959844)
Most owners are nowhere near as business savvy as they are painted. Jerry Richardson doing this now is moronic just like Clark's move to fire Dorsey when he did.

ROFL

Jerry Richardson has done pretty well financially, and it's not like he started with 40 million dollars like some people.

He parlayed 2 years of income from the NFL at the rookie minimum in the freaking 50's into 1.1 billion dollars.

I think he might know something about business.

Not as much as you obviously, but something.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

This is certain an attempt to grab Dorsey.

If Richardson had wanted John Dorsey (which as I've stated earlier, doesn't make sense because Dorsey had the same exact issue with Clark Hunt as Richardson has with Gettlemen), Richardson would have hired Dorsey, then fired Gettlemen.

Dorsey isn't under contract and there's no salary cap on front offices or coaching staffs.

This clearly isn't about John Dorsey. It's about Gettlemen's decision making and franchise embarrassments (like unceremoniously cutting Steve Smith, Sr.).

Rasputin 07-18-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12961222)
They were talking about this on SiriusXM and it was brought up that this firing could have been because of how tough he is on veteran contracts when it comes time to re-sign players. I guess Thomas Davis is going to need a new contract and Greg Olsen is threatening to hold out on his deal as well. The Owner knew how Gettelmen let Steve Smith walk and how he handled the Josh Norman situation.

Patriots let guys walk like Ty Law even after winning Super Bowls.

Marcellus 07-18-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 12961424)
ROFL

Jerry Richardson has done pretty well financially, and it's not like he started with 40 million dollars like some people.

He parlayed 2 years of income from the NFL at the rookie minimum in the freaking 50's into 1.1 billion dollars.

If RunKC was given $5MM tomorrow he would turn it into $5,000 in 2 years but he knows more about business than all these dumbass owners.

raybec 4 07-18-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 12961424)
ROFL

You shut the hell up, the business moguls who know anything about anything come right here to CP to check our opinion of whether or not they know what's really going on.

The Bad Guy 07-18-2017 04:04 PM

I think Ballard's departure here and Beane's departure in Carolina really put a microscope on Dorsey and Gettlemen. From a lot of writer accounts, they covered up the shortcomings of their bosses.

RunKC 07-18-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12961693)
If RunKC was given $5MM tomorrow he would turn it into $5,000 in 2 years but he knows more about business than all these dumbass owners.

If I were to draw pictures explaining my post, the odds are you would still not comprehend the point of what was said.

jesus dude. Do you even comprehend?

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12961185)
We'd have a lot better chance to win that race if it was Andy Reid going to the Panthers instead of Dorsey.

Dumb as ****