ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Well, Bye, Kansas City... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308263)

Dayze 06-13-2017 10:19 AM

good luck.

...and watch your cornhole, bud.

/obligatory

Rausch 06-13-2017 10:22 AM

TE is good people...

Rain Man 06-13-2017 10:31 AM

I bet TinyEvel wakes up shortly and realizes that it was all a dream. Getting season tickets to the Chiefs, eating barbecue, watching an Evel Knieval museum open up, and then as he exits REM mode and the dream, it ends with him leaving Kansas City and returning to his actual life.

Ming the Merciless 06-13-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12914574)
I bet TinyEvel wakes up shortly and realizes that it was all a dream. Getting season tickets to the Chiefs, eating barbecue, watching an Evel Knieval museum open up, and then as he exits REM mode and the dream, it ends with him leaving Kansas City and returning to his actual life.

http://i.imgur.com/hMxw9yd.jpg

Randallflagg 06-13-2017 11:30 AM

My company in Overland Park opened an office in San Diego in 2010 and asked me to supervise the opening. Said I would be there for about two years. I figured "What the hell?" it might be a nice change of pace from all the traveling I had to do.

Moved the family out there to Eastlake (a suburb of SD) and began work. The work, in and of itself was fine, but my God....I realize that I am an old codger - but I simply couldn't stand living there. My Wife loved it, but I couldn't take it.

To say that it was 180 degrees from Kansas City would be an understatement. Now, as a kid, I lived in LA for a number of years - back in the 60s.

SOCAL is NOT what it used to be. I could list the things that I absolutely hated about it - but the thread would end up in the Romper room. Needless to say, when my company told me that the start up had been a success and it was time for me to "come home" I couldn't wait to call the movers!

Don't get me wrong - San Diego is a glorious place to visit - but to live there? Not for me.

Titty Meat 06-13-2017 11:33 AM

Lucky! KC sucks

bevischief 06-13-2017 11:45 AM

Happy cows.

Kiimo 06-13-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12914379)
If Tiny moved back to LA, then he will not see any obesity difference.

KC: obese 29% / overweight 36%
LA: obese 24% / overweight 38%

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/ob...area-data.html

I'm going to venture a guess and say that is heavily weighted by the Latino community.

TinyEvel 06-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12914574)

TBH it was kind of a little bit like that. Only very, very expensive.

But I can go out my side door with my mountain bike and in 30 minutes be at the ocean via fire roads. Tho, you're walking up some sections on the way back.

(Also the beers those guys are talking about are ��. It's like having five Boulevard breweries within an hour of you.

DaneMcCloud 06-13-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12914759)
I'm going to venture a guess and say that is heavily weighted by the Latino community.

I would tend to agree but having visited Disneyland on Mother's Day, I witnessed scores of 300-500 pound Caucasian men and women, many of whom needed an electric cart to traverse the park.

Kiimo 06-13-2017 12:54 PM

Theme parks are the worst, I still shudder thinking back to Ocean's of Fun.

Clyde Frog 06-13-2017 01:07 PM

Spoiler!

Same phone#? Lets try to get together for at least 1 game this year. Maybe even brave the crumbing cesspool before the Raiders move to Vegas?

ToxSocks 06-13-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 12914662)
My company in Overland Park opened an office in San Diego in 2010 and asked me to supervise the opening. Said I would be there for about two years. I figured "What the hell?" it might be a nice change of pace from all the traveling I had to do.

Moved the family out there to Eastlake (a suburb of SD) and began work. The work, in and of itself was fine, but my God....I realize that I am an old codger - but I simply couldn't stand living there. My Wife loved it, but I couldn't take it.

To say that it was 180 degrees from Kansas City would be an understatement. Now, as a kid, I lived in LA for a number of years - back in the 60s.

SOCAL is NOT what it used to be. I could list the things that I absolutely hated about it - but the thread would end up in the Romper room. Needless to say, when my company told me that the start up had been a success and it was time for me to "come home" I couldn't wait to call the movers!

Don't get me wrong - San Diego is a glorious place to visit - but to live there? Not for me.

You lived in Eastlake of all places and didn't like it? Lol.

Alright, do tell. I gotta know what you hated about it. I mean, Eastlake is nothing but new housing development suburbs. There's literally nothing in Eastlake but brand new homes, new roads and a freakin' lake. What is there to not like? It's not like you were living IN San Diego. You were basically living in a brand new part of town with very little around you but beautiful new homes and brand spankin' new roads. The idea of someone not enjoying that does not compute.

Pitt Gorilla 06-13-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12914389)
You ever been to the midwest? We are fat as ****.

This.

Clyde Frog 06-13-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12914842)
You lived in Eastlake of all places and didn't like it? Lol.

Alright, do tell. I gotta know what you hated about it. I mean, Eastlake is nothing but new housing development suburbs. There's literally nothing in Eastlake but brand new homes, new roads and a freakin' lake. What is there to not like? It's not like you were living IN San Diego. You were basically living in a brand new part of town with very little around you but beautiful new homes and brand spankin' new roads. The idea of someone not enjoying that does not compute.

It's close to Mexico....