ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Terez says "the Chiefs have done plenty of background on" Mahomes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306693)

DJ's left nut 03-21-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12792072)
Not only did they get Jones they got a starting guard and DJ White who I still think could be good. Totally worth it.

The draft is non-linear and they had a massive hole at G. Who's to say they wouldn't have just taken Ehinger with the pick they used on Russell? They traded that year for a 4th round pick. The value of 4th round picks in this league is pretty damn nominal.

And DJ White is a complete JAG until proven otherwise.

ILChief 03-21-2017 07:20 PM

If the top 4 QB's are gone when we pick, take the 5th one. If the top 5 are gone, take the 6th one

Mr. Laz 03-23-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 12792637)
If the top 4 QB's are gone when we pick, take the 5th one. If the top 5 are gone, take the 6th one

So draft a QB no matter what, it doesn't matter if they are any good?

:shake:

raybec 4 03-23-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Nope

DJ's left nut 03-23-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12794386)
Nope

At least one more word than the idea merited.

BossChief 03-23-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

That's dumb.

I'm a guy that would spend a first rounder on a QB every third year till one hit...but if I don't believe in any of the guys that are on the board when I'm picking, I'm not picking one just to pick one.

I have to see a plan in place for how his specific mental and physical skillet can translate to the NFL in KCs specific situation. And not just translate to the NFL...I have to think "if this guy hits his ceiling, can I win superbowls with him?"

Superbowls.

Will any of his specific mental or physical limitations limit my teams chances of winning a Lombardi trophy?

How long will it take for him to learn enough to become the teams starter...best and worst case scenario?

How advanced is he at reading defenses presnap?
How well does he already know NFL personnel?
How long will it take him to learn how to call the really wordy playcalls for Andy Reid's offense?
How fast does he identify coverages?
How fast does he come off his first read?
How often does he throw it past 20 yards downfield?...is he successfull at it, generally?
Is he smart enough to dump it off instead of taking really big risks, but also forcing defenses to play honest because he attacks every zone of the field?
Does he has a compact/quick release?
Has he had to go through progressions and if yes, what kind? Were they high to low? Low to high? Work from left to right and vice versa?
What kind of route combinations is he comfortable with?
How is he on third down? Does he step up and lead, or go into a shell and play predictably safe football?
Do his teammates love him? When he gets to the sideline after a scoring drive, do his teammates greet him with enthusiasm, or does he walk to the sidelines by himself and sit alone?
In situations when his team really needed him to make a play, did he generally rise to the occasion and deliver, or does he let you down in those situations?
Does he extend plays with his legs and complete big pass plays after buying extra time for teammates to get open?
Does he fight for first downs?
Do his teammates give everything they have for him?

I mean, I'm just a guy on the couch and I try to look for as much info as I can.

I can only imagine what kind of stuff Dorsey digs up.

Mother****erJones 03-24-2017 04:46 AM

If the top 4 QBs are gone, I'm looking at McCaffrey RB or Watt LB. Trade down is also an option.

YayMike 03-24-2017 06:00 AM

If the top 4 QBs are gone, I want either Dalvin Cooks, McCaffrey, or trade down.

RealSNR 03-24-2017 06:02 AM

If we take McCaffery in the 1st, I'm going to violently puke and blow diarrhea at the same time.

That is a nightmare scenario for me

YayMike 03-24-2017 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12795714)
If we take McCaffery in the 1st, I'm going to violently puke and blow diarrhea at the same time.

That is a nightmare scenario for me

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I imagine in Mahommes is anywhere close to the late teens, we will trade up for him or whomever we want.

Secondly, I think that McCaffery will be gone before we pick.

Are you against Cook as a selection, or just RBs in general in the first?

RealSNR 03-24-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 12795716)
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I imagine in Mahommes is anywhere close to the late teens, we will trade up for him or whomever we want.

Secondly, I think that McCaffery will be gone before we pick.

Are you against Cook as a selection, or just RBs in general in the first?

RBs in general. We're in a deep draft for RBs. We can get a starter ****ing anywhere.

But McCaffery especially. We have so many gadget ****ers that operate out of the short passing game. Ware is a fantastic pass-catching RB. And we line up Hill in the backfield all the time.

YayMike 03-24-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12795719)
RBs in general. We're in a deep draft for RBs. We can get a starter ****ing anywhere.

But McCaffery especially. We have so many gadget ****ers that operate out of the short passing game. Ware is a fantastic pass-catching RB. And we line up Hill in the backfield all the time.

Gotcha. I think Cook is a game changer though. Not disputing we don't have bigger needs in the first, but I think he could really make an immediate impact if our strategy is Best Player Available.

Bowser 03-24-2017 07:52 AM

Houston won't let Mahomes slip by them, and that is assuming he makes it that far. If he is sitting there at 24 and we want him, we are going to HAVE to trade up to get him.

KC_Lee 03-24-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12795756)
Houston won't let Mahomes slip by them, and that is assuming he makes it that far. If he is sitting there at 24 and we want him, we are going to HAVE to trade up to get him.

Swap with the Titans and get pick 18, draft best QB available, sell millions of jerseys, insane profit.

DJ's left nut 03-24-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12795756)

Then we take Kizer.

I don't think they'll both be gone by our pick. And frankly, I think O'Brien would prefer Kizer to Mahomes but that's just my impression.