ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ILB Gerald Hodges visiting Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306499)

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12776681)
I was thinking in the 4/$20 range but the market is so flush that I'm probably shooting low.

They might have to go 4 years in order to make the 2017 cap hit as low as possible.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 05:23 PM

KC has to be careful though. I still think they will end up having to decide whether or not to match an offer for Santos.

beach tribe 03-09-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 12776555)
I say KC should sign DJ to a 6 year contract with a huge up front signing bonus and then have a farewell year for him Gunther style. Now that's the Chiefs I know. Plus they might be able to pry Osweiler from the Browns if we trade Smiff heads up and give away our first rounder. GREAT SUCCESS!

"Brock Osweiler has all the tools" /Clark Hunt

Where you been, bro?

You a lurkster now?

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12776723)
KC has to be careful though. I still think they will end up having to decide whether or not to match an offer for Santos.

Kickers are just so fragile and volatile.

I mean we see guys like Blair Walsh just come apart seemingly overnight. A guy like Chris Boswell can't keep his job for years and then goes to Pittsburgh and is nails.

You look at McManus, who the Broncos just threw a 2nd round tender at, and remember that the Broncos cut him mid-season in 2014 to bring in Connor Barth. And that happened after Matt Prater seemingly lost his form before suddenly finding it again in Detroit. Kickers are just weird bugs, man.

If someone offers Santos an offer-sheet that makes it difficult for the Chiefs to match, you just let him go. You draft a kicker and bring in a veteran for camp competition (because there's always a veteran bouncing around).

You've got at least a decent chance of being just fine at K. Sure, I'd like to keep Santos because we've put a lot into him, but I won't hamstring the roster to keep him.

Chief Roundup 03-09-2017 05:30 PM

Wonder how our cap looks after cutting Foles??

Mother****erJones 03-09-2017 05:37 PM

I wouldn't pay him a ton. I'd rather keep the cap space and find one in the draft if it cost the 4/20 deal.

Mother****erJones 03-09-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12776736)

Dogshit

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12776736)

Jim Miller said on Sirius it opened up 10 mil

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 05:49 PM

We should have around $7M in cap space. Doesn't account for your draft class. Not enough to sign more than 1 or 2 cheap FAs.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12776767)
We should have around $7M in cap space. Doesn't account for your draft class. Not enough to sign more than 1 or 2 cheap FAs.

They could always cut Colquitt.

Cut Colquitt and Reid and you've freed up right at $6 million. And truth be told, we get such limited use out of Sherman anymore that if we're not going to utilize him, I don't see a point in keeping him around at $2.3 million. That said, he's underpaid related to what other FBs just got so I'd look to deal rather than cut him.

Still can't believe they tendered Wilson at $1.8 million. Crazy.

thabear04 03-09-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12776777)

Cut Colquitt and Reid and you've freed up right at $6 million. And truth be told, we get such limited use out of Sherman anymore that if we're not going to utilize him, I don't see a point in keeping him around at $2.3 million. That said, he's underpaid related to what other FBs just got so I'd look to deal rather than cut him.

Rather trade Colquitt to the Colts since their Punter retired.

Sassy Squatch 03-09-2017 05:59 PM

Is this a deal that's potentially going to be done today or future visit?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-09-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12776777)

Really !

Cutting Colquitt would be dumb. he's a top 5 punter
Cutting Reid would be dumb. Always need depth on the OL and he's good depth
Cutting sherman would be dumb.Best FB in the NFL and always leads the team in Forced fumbles

Just quit with the dumb !

mcaj22 03-09-2017 06:02 PM

I don't think Hodges has much of a market, despite being young and playing okay on a bad team. I think we can get him cheap

The 49ers replaced him with Malcolm Smith from the Raiders who is absolutely terrible.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 06:05 PM

Reid played one snap in the playoff game and it was probably the snap that hurt us more than any play of the game because he couldn't so much as get a hand on his guy. Said guy hit Smith as he threw and led directly to an interception.

'Depth' is what draft picks are for. You don't pay $3+ million to Jah Reid for depth.

And you don't pay a punter $5 million for anything. I've gone over this 'Colquitt is the greatest' stuff before and he just isn't. He was outside the top 10 in net punting average again this year, which happens every couple of years for him. And he's never inside the top 5. He's just a fine punter but the difference between him and a slightly below average punter is about a yard per punt.

If you can't get that out of your STs unit, then I guess 'Dave Toub: STs Superstar" is just a myth.

Paying $5 million for a punter is ridiculous.