ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV First opening gay character for Disney..WTF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306359)

Beef Supreme 03-07-2017 08:24 PM

Is anyone going to address the wtf title of this this thread?

Opening gay?

unlurking 03-07-2017 10:09 PM

Meh. I never liked Disney princess stories anyway. As a child or an adult. They were girl cartoons. If you're afraid your boy is so easily influenced, don't take him. I would also recommend not buying him pink tights and high heels, but who knows, maybe he'll look good in them?

alpha_omega 03-08-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 12772914)
Beauty and the Beast (French: La Belle et la Bête) is a traditional fairy tale written by French novelist Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve and published in 1740 in La Jeune Américaine et les contes marins (The young American and Marine Tales).[1] Her lengthy version was abridged, rewritten, and published first by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont in 1756 in Magasin des enfants[2] (Children's Collection), and by Andrew Lang in the Blue Fairy Book of his Fairy Book series in 1889, to produce the version(s) most commonly retold.[1] It was influenced by some earlier stories, such as Cupid and Psyche, written by Lucius Apuleius Madaurensi in The Golden Ass in the 2nd century AD, and The Pig King, an Italian fairytale published by Giovanni Francesco Straparola in The Facetious Nights of Straparola.[3]

Variants of the tale are known across Europe

Nice work. who knew?

kysirsoze 03-08-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12768890)
Am I a rube for wanting my grandkids to hit grade 5 before they even consider gay/straight etc?

Is that unreasonable?...

You can want whatever you want, but kids start thinking about sex way earlier than most adults want to think about. Even if they don't know exactly what it is. Did you not have a crush on a girl any time before the 5th grade? I can think of two different crushes I had in kindergarten. Do you not think there are boys pre-fifth grade that have crushes on boys? Sexuality is not something figured out during puberty.

Mr. Laz 03-08-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 12772359)
This his how the world is going to end. Being gay is going to become so popular because it's so glorified now that everyone will be gay and nobody will repopulate

https://i.imgur.com/fP4WKRP.gif

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-19-2017 07:53 AM

I saw this movie last night with my daughters and this was without a doubt way overblown. He was more "french" than anything.

Oh, and the movie was very well done. Many little nuggets of good adult humor mixed in for the parents to enjoy.

RealSNR 03-19-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12789264)
I saw this movie last night with my daughters and this was without a doubt way overblown. He was more "french" than anything.

Oh, and the movie was very well done. Many little nuggets of good adult humor mixed in for the parents to enjoy.

Good point. What are we supposed to do? Censor France from everything in this country?

Dave Lane 03-19-2017 08:50 AM

The right is triggered by anything and everything, even suggestions of things.

listopencil 03-19-2017 09:43 AM

So did Beauty and The Beast **** at all in this movie ? I mean before the transformation. Shouldn't people be more worried about a creeping acceptance of bestiality than whether or not the two dancing teacups both have vaginas?

Just Passin' By 03-19-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

It's running up huge numbers at the box office, so it doesn't look as if many stayed away.

mdchiefsfan 03-19-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12789278)
Good point. What are we supposed to do? Censor France from everything in this country?

Would that be so bad?

The Franchise 03-20-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Yeah....I kept waiting for this over the top shit and nothing happened. I thought the movie was a little long....but still pretty good. My kids loved it...and that's all that mattered.

Baby Lee 03-20-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Yet another example of why the passive voice sucks balls.

How exactly 'was' 'this' overblown?

Let's not let the conversation elide the fact that this all started with the director of the movie characterizing a scene from the movie that no one else had viewed as 'exclusively gay.'

There's enough phumphering and muttering over this shit to begin with, without twisting the sequence of events.

This wasn't a case of some white trash mama in Alleybammy watching the movie in the theater and coming out and yelling into a camera that some character was too froofy and swooshy for her chillens.

Whatever the merits, this started with the director of the film announcing how awesome it was to gay up a kids movie.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-20-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12790659)
Yet another example of why the passive voice sucks balls.

How exactly 'was' 'this' overblown?

Let's not let the conversation elide the fact that this all started with the director of the movie characterizing a scene from the movie that no one else had viewed as 'exclusively gay.'

There's enough phumphering and muttering over this shit to begin with, without twisting the sequence of events.

This wasn't a case of some white trash mama in Alleybammy watching the movie in the theater and coming out and yelling into a camera that some character was too froofy and swooshy for her chillens.

Whatever the merits, this started with the director of the film announcing how awesome it was to gay up a kids movie.

Just can't stand not having something to fight about, can you?

eDave 03-20-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12790615)
Yeah....I kept waiting for this over the top shit and nothing happened. I thought the movie was a little long....but still pretty good. My kids loved it...and that's all that mattered.

Are your kids gay now?