ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tamba returning for 1 more year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305280)

stevieray 01-16-2017 12:36 PM

love the guy, but no way he is worth that coin.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12691332)
Hali is going to make 9 mil next year no matter what?

Oh my. That is reeruned.

His cap hit is $8.5 million. His dead cap money is $8.9 million. If they designate him as a post-June 1 cut, they could spread $7.1 million out over two years, but that leaves them even deeper in the cap shitter for 2018. His 2017 salary, along with this year's, and his signing bonus, was fully guaranteed. They will cost themselves 400K by cutting him.

The Chiefs have been overpaying players for a few years now. The piper is coming, and his payment will be due soon.

They're in one of the least envious cap positions for 2017, but they can clear some money by releasing Charles and Nick Foles. They only save $1.2 million by releasing DJ. They could save $7 million by releasing Colquitt and Mauga, both of whom are vastly overpaid

scho63 01-16-2017 12:45 PM

Time to do the following no matter how much the heart feels:

-Cut Charles UNLESS much lower pay

-Hali gone

-Poe gone

-Knile Davis gone

-Resign Berry

-Kendall Reyes gone

-We need to either use Tyler Bray or cut him

-Not sure what DJ has left in the tank

-Phillip Gaines CUT

-Draft a QB

-Draft a ILB

Aspengc8 01-16-2017 12:50 PM

Given Ford's disappearing act vs non-garbage o-lines, I dont see how this is a bad thing. Houston still doesn't seem 100%, so the more rushers the better. Have him start working with Dadi now.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-16-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12691111)
Your hate for this defense is a complete joke. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Hali took one for the team. He took a really, really team-friendly deal and I rarely ever say that (there's always fine print).

Hali has been an absolute steal given what he would have gotten in the open market and he's been worth every penny.

He still has a great role on this team as a depth OLB. We may be overpaying a bit but not much.

Hate for this defense? I'm on board with Peters, Sorensen, Mitchell, Nunez, Jones, Parker but clearly the older veteran players have simply not produced for what we are paying out to them. Houston and Hali have given us very little this year and will account for nearly 30 mil next season. Berry is streaky and nowhere on the consistency of a guy like Earl Thomas. His lack of awareness last night in coverage was embarrassing...
That 52 yard haul to Brown was his fault. Three points given up rather than a punt

Aspengc8 01-16-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12691394)
Hate for this defense? I'm on board with Peters, Sorensen, Mitchell, Nunez, Jones, Parker but clearly the older veteran players have simply not produced for what we are paying out to them. Houston and Hali have given us very little this year and will account for nearly 30 mil next season. Berry is streaky and nowhere on the consistency of a guy like Earl Thomas. His lack of awareness last night in coverage was embarrassing...
That 52 yard haul to Brown was his fault. Three points given up rather than a punt

Don't forget that fake WR screen where Berry let that no-name TE smoke him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12691382)
Time to do the following no matter how much the heart feels:

-Cut Charles UNLESS much lower pay Saves $7 M

-Hali gone Costs you $400 K

-Poe gone Cap depends on contract

-Knile Davis gone No cap effect

-Resign Berry Cap depends on contract

-Kendall Reyes gone Not under contract

-We need to either use Tyler Bray or cut him Saves 1.2 million

-Not sure what DJ has left in the tank Saves $1.2 million,

-Phillip Gaines CUT Saves $700K

-Draft a QB

-Draft a ILB

With all of that money you saved, you might be able to pay for Berry's cap hit after his extension. Now, you need to finagle the costs and expenses of those draft picks and the replacements for the above cut players.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-16-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12691414)
Don't forget that fake WR screen where Berry let that no-name TE smoke him.

Yes. He also jumped a route and let the same TE get a first down in the red zone. So bad.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-16-2017 01:01 PM

Bring in Jamie Collins and let him get revenge on the Pats

Chiefnj2 01-16-2017 01:02 PM

Without Berry the Chiefs are a wild card team this year and you don't get to enjoy another home divisional loss.

RealSNR 01-16-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12691389)
Given Ford's disappearing act vs non-garbage o-lines, I dont see how this is a bad thing. Houston still doesn't seem 100%, so the more rushers the better. Have him start working with Dadi now.

Dadi ain't gonna work for awhile. He got his shit ruined by injury earlier this year

kgrund 01-16-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12691374)
His cap hit is $8.5 million. His dead cap money is $8.9 million. If they designate him as a post-June 1 cut, they could spread $7.1 million out over two years, but that leaves them even deeper in the cap shitter for 2018. His 2017 salary, along with this year's, and his signing bonus, was fully guaranteed. They will cost themselves 400K by cutting him.

The Chiefs have been overpaying players for a few years now. The piper is coming, and his payment will be due soon.

They're in one of the least envious cap positions for 2017, but they can clear some money by releasing Charles and Nick Foles. They only save $1.2 million by releasing DJ. They could save $7 million by releasing Colquitt and Mauga, both of whom are vastly overpaid

I don't think the 2018 cap situation looks that bad. I for one think we should make both DJ and TH post June 1 cuts. This would make the best out of a bad situation with those two.

Aspengc8 01-16-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12691427)
Bring in Jamie Collins and let him get revenge on the Pats

I'd love to see him at mike. If DJ doesn't come back, not sure what they will look like inside.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12691435)
I don't think the 2018 cap situation looks that bad. I for one think we should make both DJ and TH post June 1 cuts. This would make the best out of a bad situation with those two.

$76 million in cap hits to Smith, Houston, Maclin, Fisher, and Kelce. $60 million if you remove Smith and eat his cap number.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-16-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12691429)
Without Berry the Chiefs are a wild card team this year and you don't get to enjoy another home divisional loss.

You forget his poor pass coverage against the Houston Texans allowed fuller and Hopkins to gash us for over 100 each

His inability to protect the middle of the field on the last drive allowed Tennessee to move downfield and get a game winning FG