ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF CHIEFS PLAYOFF FAILURE RAGE*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305252)

Why Not? 01-15-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12689584)
This team had no business in this game. We've seen them play like this off and on all year. Maybe not all three sides ,Off, Def, and ST's, at the same time. But we've all seen them play like the bag of shit they were tonight. About every one of the games they won this season could have went the other way if not for a lucky break here or a couple good drives there. Or a timely interception.
I don't think there was one game this year where I went into it thinking 'we got this, no way we'll lose this one'. Sure, when the offense gets into a rhythm they are damn good. Unfortunately that rhythm never lasts longer than a drive or two...tops. The defense would come up with timely int's or fumbles but a team can't live off of that. You can't count on it for the win. Same with special teams, they had their moments, and it helped but once again you can't depend on that.
That is not what makes a championship team.

Exactly. It's like when the media sucked the Lions dick for all their 4th quarter comebacks. Well, you don't get to play the Bears in the playoffs. Same result for a team that needed pick 6's and punt returns to win games. In a meaningful game against a good team, that's not going to happen.

mr. tegu 01-15-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12689504)
We had more star players than Pitt.

We were more talented as a team than Pitt.

We won more games than Pitt.

We were at home.

We were better rested than Pitt.

We should have won this game...

This is what makes me mad as this is basically all true.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2017 11:21 PM

No rage here. Ended is classic chiefs fashion. Can't be pissed about that.

stumppy 01-15-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12689536)
Yeah, I was pretty much immediately over it once the game ended. It's fun to pretend but come on, did anyone really think a team coached by Andy Reid and Bob Sutton, quarterbacked by Alex Smith and featuring a supporting cast of players who have never done anything particularly meaningful in the postseason was going to do much in the way of being a legit championship contender?

Nope, best chance I thought we had was 5O/5O and that was if we got a few breaks.

TribalElder 01-15-2017 11:22 PM

I don't get that upset anymore

NFL is like wrastlin'

Reerun_KC 01-15-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12689504)
We had more star players than Pitt.

We were more talented as a team than Pitt.

We won more games than Pitt.

We were at home.

We were better rested than Pitt.

We should have won this game...

Because chiefs is why in not mad or upset at all.

I put the hope a d noise crowd is pissed off.

Chiefs4TheWin 01-15-2017 11:26 PM

I broke a window. Better than the TV!

Pablo 01-15-2017 11:30 PM

This is what being a Chiefs fan is about. It's what we know and what we are. We aren't meant to be champions.

I'll believe it when I see it.

MMXcalibur 01-15-2017 11:30 PM

I'll watch the Super Bowl, because...well, it's the Super Bowl.
But next week can **** right off.

Ken Bone 01-15-2017 11:31 PM

Either the Chiefs are cursed or the NFL is fixed. The Chiefs can win all the meaningless regular season games they want but it doesn't matter when you're 1 and done in the playoffs. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while. ****.

Herewego 01-15-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12689408)
Gotta question the home field advantage thing.

When is the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game at home?

Lonewolf Ed 01-15-2017 11:35 PM

It's disheartening to see the same old story play out. But what is angering is the crap we saw from Kelce tonight. I wish Houston would have kicked him in the balls. Fisher may be the goat since he made the last mistake, but I would give the nod to Travis.

That being said, what is it going to take to get this team to the championship? The regular season was a lot of fun, but then the playoffs happen, and it's enough already.

tooge 01-15-2017 11:37 PM

Meh. It was a great season. This wasn't a SB team. Marlin is meh, o line is just ok, play calling is sub par. I went to the game expecting it to play out as it did so I'm not raged, just sad football is over.

lcarus 01-15-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12689584)
This team had no business in this game. We've seen them play like this off and on all year. Maybe not all three sides ,Off, Def, and ST's, at the same time. But we've all seen them play like the bag of shit they were tonight. About every one of the games they won this season could have went the other way if not for a lucky break here or a couple good drives there. Or a timely interception.
I don't think there was one game this year where I went into it thinking 'we got this, no way we'll lose this one'. Sure, when the offense gets into a rhythm they are damn good. Unfortunately that rhythm never lasts longer than a drive or two...tops. The defense would come up with timely int's or fumbles but a team can't live off of that. You can't count on it for the win. Same with special teams, they had their moments, and it helped but once again you can't depend on that.
That is not what makes a championship team.

That's exactly right. This game I was thinking the only way we were gonna win was with a special teams or defensive TD, or a ST/Def play that led to an easy TD. If there are any "easy" TDs for this offense.

I'm just pissed that I looked forward to this shit for 2 weeks and all ****ing Sunday just so the refs can call an out-of-the-way holding on a game-tying 2 point conversion that costs us the ****ing playoffs. The officiating is shit, the Chiefs are shit, and I just lose more interest every year. I didn't even get that upset after this loss. I kinda figured...

MMXcalibur 01-15-2017 11:42 PM

In 1995, our kicker can't even draw a field goal post let alone make one.
In 2017, THERE kicker nails SIX of the ****ing things.

**** everything.