ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Cowboys simply trolling the Non-True-Fan Chiefs Fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304366)

Easy 6 12-10-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610293)
Odd how Warmack is the only one that blows...rule of thumb avoid Alabama players, almost none of them have panned out.

Its good to see you back, btw

Whats with the extended absence?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610181)
Not really sure where he's getting the 1 and done, the Cowboys look like a damn good team.

I have a feeling that certain fans are frothing for a KC/DAL super bowl, and that KC's defense will be all that is required to keep Dallas in check and win the game.

And then I laugh.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12610329)
I have a feeling that certain fans are frothing for a KC/DAL super bowl, and that KC's defense will be all that is required to keep Dallas in check and win the game.

And then I laugh.

:shake:

Mecca 12-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12610310)
Its good to see you back, btw

Whats with the extended absence?

I always have lots of things to do so sometimes I just read stuff and don't post much.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610226)
Big Ben didn't go to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

I was agreeing with you. As if there was anyone that was going to do it, it would have been Ben. His team was what 15-1 that year and looked like surefire SuperBowl team... but mr. Brady had something to say about it. He did go in his #2 year. But if there is\was ever a Rookie qb would have done it. That was the team to do it, and he couldn't. I don't think Dak will get the Cowboys this year, either. Their pass defense is just too flawed. Much like KC's, they give up a ton of yards but don't allow a lot of points. In the end, I don't think they'll be able to sustain in the playoffs against the other elites of the NFC. As much as Dak is a great story, he won't make the SB this season.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12610270)
The QBs we drafted didn't light it up in the pre season like Dak did. That's no slight on our guys because Dak is an extremely rare exception. Sometimes guys come into the league and things just click faster than expected.

Yep, and the way to catch that lightning in a bottle is to keep trying.

RunKC 12-10-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610277)
Okay. So you're comfortable with the way the Chiefs are handling the offensive line.

Then why did you throw out that weird, "The Chiefs need to go True Fan way early" bullshit earlier in this thread?

Fulton isn't a starter and LDT has been merely "okay". Imagine a Mitch Morse type guy at RG?

Domination

RealSNR 12-10-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610370)
Fulton isn't a starter and LDT has been merely "okay". Imagine a Mitch Morse type guy at RG?

Domination

LDT has been more than just okay. I'd actually call him a good RG at this point.

And you were just talking to Dane about how you think Ehinger also looks like a pretty good longterm starter at LG. Fulton ain't gonna start there next year if the Chiefs can help it.

So where's this magic upgrade you want? Is it LDT?

RunKC 12-10-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610386)
LDT has been more than just okay. I'd actually call him a good RG at this point.

And you were just talking to Dane about how you think Ehinger also looks like a pretty good longterm starter at LG. Fulton ain't gonna start there next year if the Chiefs can help it.

So where's this magic upgrade you want? Is it LDT?

We couldn't run on a shitty Falcons defense and we couldn't run on a depleted Raiders DL even with Jah Reid in the game.

Sure getting Ehinger back will help a lot, but what if he gets hurt again? I want competition for LDT too.

I'm not saying to use a 1st rd pick there, and it would have to be a really good Morse type of player if it's round 2.
I'm thinking a 3rd rd G sounds reasonable.

But if it's a 1st or 2nd rd OL I really won't complain as long as he's good. Raiders and Cowboys have clobbered good DL's most of the year and made their QB's look so much better than they are.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 01:39 PM

As it currently stands, this O line is definitely too finesse... Wares longest run thursday was 8 yards

Thats obviously not good enough, and the majority of blame surely rests with the line

RealSNR 12-10-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610431)
We couldn't run on a shitty Falcons defense and we couldn't run on a depleted Raiders DL even with Jah Reid in the game.

Sure getting Ehinger back will help a lot, but what if he gets hurt again? I want competition for LDT too.

I'm not saying to use a 1st rd pick there, and it would have to be a really good Morse type of player if it's round 2.
I'm thinking a 3rd rd G sounds reasonable.

But if it's a 1st or 2nd rd OL I really won't complain as long as he's good. Raiders and Cowboys have clobbered good DL's most of the year and made their QB's look so much better than they are.

So you'd agree that staying the course and only ever using mid-round picks on our OL is the right way to go, right? That's the strategy I've been all about since the year of the McGlynn.

That's a far cry from blowing our wads on interior line like you suggested.

saphojunkie 12-10-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610187)
Anybody wanna bet the Cowboys don't make the Super Bowl?

Rookie QBs don't go to the Super Bowl. It doesn't happen. It never has.

Ben Roethlesberger.

saphojunkie 12-10-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610226)
Big Ben didn't go to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

Shit, right. Second year.

keg in kc 12-10-2016 03:39 PM

It's just a re-execution of the Patriots plan. Dak is making them look like geniouses just like Brady has.

Seems about right. It works once every fifteen years or so.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610202)
I don't consider Collins lucky they took a chance when other teams didn't, risk/reward, no different than the Chiefs and Hill.

Prescott is pure luck seeing as they tried to draft a couple of other guys instead of him and didn't get them.

How does a team try to draft a guy and fail?