ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2017 Chief's Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302738)

BryanBusby 12-21-2016 01:07 AM

I can't imagine prioritizing McCaffery when your starting QB's ability is starting to erode and you really don't have a good option behind him (Foles will be gone).

I actually like what I see from Mitchell and want to see more of his ability before deciding to go Corner. If it looks like he just might stick, I'd take a pass on a corner. That slot should be where the Chiefs choose a RB.

Far too many really good RB's in this draft class to feel pressured to take one on Thursday, unless you're gonna land Fournette.

kccrow 12-21-2016 04:59 PM

I agree with Busby about the depth of RBs and not taking one in round 1.

I think Tankersley fits the Dorsey CB mold better than Jackson.

RunKC 12-21-2016 05:38 PM

I would hate McCaffrey in round 1. Sorry but we have Tyreek Hill. I would rather draft a big sonofabitch like James Conner who has nice athleticism and can run over people.
I'm also not ready to draft a CB rd 1 either with Terrance Mitchell playing outstanding ball against good QB's.

If we sign Poe and Berry like I think we will, I want us to us ammo to move up for a QB. Something like both of our 3rd's, a 5th and a 2nd next year if the QB is someone they believe in.
Aside from that, I want one of the TE's from this elite class so I don't ever have to watch Demetrius Harris miss blocks and drop passes

O.city 12-22-2016 11:31 AM

If for some reason cook felt to the chiefs, even being a rb, I'd take him. Dudes gonna be awesome.

I'd actually look into trading up for an ilb or qb early

Saccopoo 12-22-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12633107)
I would hate McCaffrey in round 1. Sorry but we have Tyreek Hill. I would rather draft a big sonofabitch like James Conner who has nice athleticism and can run over people.
I'm also not ready to draft a CB rd 1 either with Terrance Mitchell playing outstanding ball against good QB's.

If we sign Poe and Berry like I think we will, I want us to us ammo to move up for a QB. Something like both of our 3rd's, a 5th and a 2nd next year if the QB is someone they believe in.
Aside from that, I want one of the TE's from this elite class so I don't ever have to watch Demetrius Harris miss blocks and drop passes

Agree on the TE/Harris situation. But that's nearly a DAT situation. They keep trying to put them on the field but I think that there is better options in this draft (McCaffery or John Ross vs. DAT) and there are a ton of really outstanding tE's in this draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2016 02:51 PM

Sacc, why would you take an RB in round 1?

Saccopoo 12-22-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12634336)
Sacc, why would you take an RB in round 1?

BPA And McCaffery fits the Dorsey profile.

Charles run is basically over. And neither DAT or Wilson is filling the void and neither is West. But they keep trying to get those three guys into the offense no matter how ineffective they have been. McCafferey is a better option than any of those guys.

McCaffery can literally change a game with the ball in his hands. He's an excellent football player and is a dynamic force.

You could make an argument for a tight end like Alabama's OJ Howard or Michigan's Jake Butt, or a CB but I think Awuzie is a better corner than the guys that the pundits are putting in the late first round like Tankersley or LSU's Tredavious White. Other than that, it's an offensive tackle or a 34 rush end. (UCLA's McKinnley had a nice season, but Utah's Hunter Dimnick was substantially better in the same conference and could be had a round or two later. There isn't a QB in this draft other than Kizer that fits this system that's worth a shit and Kizer will be long gone.

McCafferey can litterally flip a game in a single play and now that Charles is out, they don't have anyone at the RB spot that can do that (but they seem to want to have one).

We all seee how Hill has an impact on a game and McCafferey offers that same type of impact.

That's why.

Saccopoo 12-22-2016 06:59 PM

Three potential draftees played extremely well yesterday in the Poinsetta Bowl as BYU defeated Wyoming 24-21.

ILB Linebacker Harvey Langi, who moved back to ILB for this game after starting the 2016 season at DE and finishing the season at RB (where he was an HS All American and originally recruited to play at Utah, was named Defensive MVP.

Cougar RB Jamaal Williams was named Offensive MVP and finished as school record holder in rushing yards.

Also S Kai Nacua sealed the victory with an interception.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12634784)
BPA And McCaffery fits the Dorsey profile.

Charles run is basically over. And neither DAT or Wilson is filling the void and neither is West. But they keep trying to get those three guys into the offense no matter how ineffective they have been. McCafferey is a better option than any of those guys.

McCaffery can literally change a game with the ball in his hands. He's an excellent football player and is a dynamic force.

You could make an argument for a tight end like Alabama's OJ Howard or Michigan's Jake Butt, or a CB but I think Awuzie is a better corner than the guys that the pundits are putting in the late first round like Tankersley or LSU's Tredavious White. Other than that, it's an offensive tackle or a 34 rush end. (UCLA's McKinnley had a nice season, but Utah's Hunter Dimnick was substantially better in the same conference and could be had a round or two later. There isn't a QB in this draft other than Kizer that fits this system that's worth a shit and Kizer will be long gone.

McCafferey can litterally flip a game in a single play and now that Charles is out, they don't have anyone at the RB spot that can do that (but they seem to want to have one).

We all seee how Hill has an impact on a game and McCafferey offers that same type of impact.

That's why.

Fair enough. Impact player who fits the system. Does he have any other abilities that could translate to special teams work? What kind of hands does he have? You know how Reid loves to dump those goddamned screens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12634809)
Three potential draftees played extremely well yesterday in the Poinsetta Bowl as BYU defeated Wyoming 24-21.

ILB Linebacker Harvey Langi, who moved back to ILB for this game after starting the 2016 season at DE and finishing the season at RB (where he was an HS All American and originally recruited to play at Utah, was named Defensive MVP.

Cougar RB Jamaal Williams was named Offensive MVP and finished as school record holder in rushing yards.

Also S Kai Nacua sealed the victory with an interception.

I don't see Dorsey going in to panic-mode about DJ and trying to take an ILB high. It doesn't fit his method. Thoughts?

BryanBusby 12-23-2016 08:11 PM

It's not about going into panic mode. DJ is in his mid 30's and was going to need to be replaced even if his Achilles didn't shread like Mozzarella. The ILB position right now is easily the weakest spot on the team.

They're going to fist ****ed to open 2017 if they don't address it. DJ won't be ready Week 1.

As for McCaffery, I'm wary over the fact that Stanford used the piss out of him and being and not having enough topend speed to get away from NFL Defenders. It also seems silly to drop a top pick on a back when Andy hates running the ball.

There will be better value where the Chiefs will actually end up drafting (earlier 20s because they gonna be one and done).

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-23-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12636572)
It's not about going into panic mode. DJ is in his mid 30's and was going to need to be replaced even if his Achilles didn't shread like Mozzarella. The ILB position right now is easily the weakest spot on the team.

They're going to fist ****ed to open 2017 if they don't address it. DJ won't be ready Week 1.

As for McCaffery, I'm wary over the fact that Stanford used the piss out of him and being and not having enough topend speed to get away from NFL Defenders. It also seems silly to drop a top pick on a back when Andy hates running the ball.

There will be better value where the Chiefs will actually end up drafting (earlier 20s because they gonna be one and done).

Seems to me they should have been looking at this issue prior to the 2016 season. Why would you put yourself in a position where you may or may not have to accept less talent than you want because of poor planning?

And Andy would be wise to stop hating on running the ball. His "Air Smith" system has turned in to pure shit so unless he plans on replacing the signal-caller right quick, I'd be looking at some options for increasing my backfield productivity.

BryanBusby 12-23-2016 10:38 PM

Andy has always been a coach that wants to throw his running lanes open. The thing isn't Andy needs a first round RB, its they need to find a QB that doesn't suck.

Spending the top pick on Danny Woodhead Jr isn't the best choice. They need to find a new QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-23-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12636718)
Andy has always been a coach that wants to throw his running lanes open. The thing isn't Andy needs a first round RB, its they need to find a QB that doesn't suck.

Spending the top pick on Danny Woodhead Jr isn't the best choice. They need to find a new QB.

Well if he wants a QB that doesn't suck, he's not going to find that item dumpster-diving in round 5.
Aw shucks, maybe they can just sign another "proven vet" that doesn't suck!

That'd be great.

BryanBusby 12-24-2016 12:33 AM

Well guess they'll have to spend some real currency on a QB. I don't agree with sacc that there's only one QB in this draft that fits what Andy is looking for.

I think there are multiple QB's.