ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What would you do if offered a paid relocation to Punta Cana? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302418)

Kiimo 09-23-2016 12:02 PM

Laughing at the thought of the DR being anybody's idea of a once in a lifetime chance, meanwhile people there are desperate to move to the states.

Bewbies 09-23-2016 12:25 PM

Learn Spanish, enjoy the culture, and embrace the opportunity. Living abroad for awhile would be a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to experience something completely new.

I'd visit before I committed personally, but if I went down there and thought I'd regret passing when I'm old I'd do it.

Rarely are the greatest memories of your life made up of things you passed on. Or when you play it safe.

wheeler08 09-23-2016 12:27 PM

I went on my honeymoon there and there's no way I'd live there. But that's me. What's important to you as living conditions? I mean if ur a fisherman and you love the ocean then that's great. Do u like riding a moped? There's more of them there than cars. It's a total shit show outside of the resorts. How's your Spanish?? It's just so 3rd world, there's no way I'd live there no matter how nice my house was because it's a dumpster fire every where else u go. If you can't live right next to the ocean, then there's no way. It looks like a knife party every where else

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-23-2016 12:28 PM

The DR is great for vacationing but it is dangerous outside of the resorts. The resorts are literally designed like a military stronghold where you have to drive thru zigzags off one of the main rounds and go thru at least 2 gates of security. When you go sightseeing away from the resorts, there are military guards all over the place. Outside of those areas, it's one filthy world although not on the level of Haiti...

Hammock Parties 09-23-2016 12:28 PM

You should definitely do the opposite of what I'd do, so go.

KCUnited 09-23-2016 12:31 PM

Missouri is hard to give up. /no one

Rain Man 09-23-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12443628)
Because that's what just happened in my world. I literally just took a job as the Director of Sales for a company running 6-8 road teams and it's a great job. This would be a demotion but it's a ****ing paid relocation to Punta Cana and housing on an all inclusive 5 star resort for 60 days. I have zero kids. A couple of dogs that would have to come later. It's a demotion however, although it's still plenty of money in a place that requires very little. Closer to Venezuela than Florida so the Coke runs like water. Whew. Part of me says stay focused on retiring ASAP, and part of me says YOLO this kind of is. What would you do? What would Jesus do? What would Nickhead do?

I don't understand this part. Is that just a startup benefit until you find a place on your own? Is it an annual benefit?

I'd lean against a demotion unless you're literally being given full-time housing in the resort. If it's a full lifestyle change where you'd live onsite that'd be worth strong consideration.

Rain Man 09-23-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12443892)
Missouri is hard to give up. /no one

I can't tell if I miss the biting bugs more or the soulsucking humidity more.

PunkinDrublic 09-23-2016 12:45 PM

While your down there, find a closer so the Royals can get rid of Soria once and for all!

Buzz 09-23-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12443628)
I literally just took a job as the Director of Sales

Sounds like a done deal then if you took the job. Where do you find housing after the 60 days, off the resort?

vailpass 09-23-2016 01:42 PM

Do they have no-see-ums there?
If so run don't walk away.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-23-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12443910)
I don't understand this part. Is that just a startup benefit until you find a place on your own? Is it an annual benefit?

I'd lean against a demotion unless you're literally being given full-time housing in the resort. If it's a full lifestyle change where you'd live onsite that'd be worth strong consideration.

It's just a startup and then I find housing. There is housing in the safe zone though. Haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 12444026)
Sounds like a done deal then if you took the job. Where do you find housing after the 60 days, off the resort?

No this would be replacing a job I just accepted which in all actuality would be bad form. I'm already leaning against this. Heavily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12444045)
Do they have no-see-ums there?
If so run don't walk away.

I ****ing hate those things!

Buzz 09-23-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12444072)
No this would be replacing a job I just accepted which in all actuality would be bad form. I'm already leaning against this. Heavily.

Thought I was missing something, I don't think burning the bridge in the position you just took would be a good idea.

Hammock Parties 09-23-2016 03:43 PM

you have to admire the irony of a chefs fan getting a paid relocation to a place called "punta"

MIAdragon 09-23-2016 03:45 PM

Bounce, this is the time in your life you can do these things. Enjoy now.