ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How would you handle this work situation? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301707)

Valiant 08-24-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12383020)
I guess I can kind of see both sides to this. You have to park someplace but I have also been on the other side of the fence.

Last summer some hairy ditch pig looking chick would come and park out in front of my house about every other day and walk off. It took me awhile to figure out what she was doing which was walking two blocks and boning some married guy while his wife was at work and or out of town.

Neither here nor there, but it was a hot summer and kept me from watering the front yard because I have well water and I didn't want to get any on her car.

Then the week of reckoning came when she was in front of the house for 6 days in a row. The lawn starting looking like the one on the Oak Express commercial "that's not natural."

I finally happened to be there when she was getting in her car one night, explained the situation, she gave me attitude and parked there the next day. I said **** it and fired up the sprinklers for a good all day lawn soaking and her car got a good watering as well. After that she didn't park there anymore.

Were the windows down? How would water make anyone mad?

As for topic. Is this cerner? First I would be pissed if I were a homeowner with all those cars in front of my house. There needs to be more pushback on the company to build parking garage, especially if there are that many employees parking.

If you are going to park in residential, modify your sticker to be removable. Security ticket should not mean shit, especially if you do not have your work sticker signifying you work there.

Back when i was retail, our bosses said we could not park close to the building. Had to be three islands out. Well we had breakins and other damage in the past. I parked out there finally. Within one week, damage from a cart hitting by blazer and a breakin.

I filed a claim to work to pay for the damage, corporates response we do not own the parking lot. So I asked but you forced us to park out there with no security or cameras. Same response. So i told my store manager to eat a dick and parked in the first spot next to building. He tried for months to get me to move. Kept telling him talk to corporate offices then. Eventually he started parking up front also.

Bwana 08-24-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12383647)
Were the windows down? How would water make anyone mad?

Do you know anything about well water?

Valiant 08-24-2016 08:20 AM

My friend also had some aholes across the street. 3 families in one house. Parents had both of their kids move back in with their families. He felt bad as the.parents were nice, but both kids were standard trash.
The kids would not park in front of thier house or in the driveway. 3 cars always in front of his house, all beaters. He asked the parents to see about moving them, kids said no because they did not want to do a car shuffle. Too inconvenient.

I made some metal spikes to shove into the ground between the road and curb. Sadly my friend did not want touse them. Took them four months to sell the house when they moved and about 10k less then they should of got. All because of the parking.

DJ's left nut 08-24-2016 08:29 AM

Don't be an asshole.

It's residential. Would you be excited if a bunch of people were using your curb as a parking lot?

It's a shitty thing to do as a matter of practice. Don't punish the poor schlubs across the street because your employer did a piss-poor job of planning.

tx4chiefs 08-24-2016 08:38 AM

If you like your job, just suck up the bus and make the best of it. Take the parking spot when you get there early enough.

DeepSouth 08-24-2016 08:43 AM

Suggest they serve free beer on the Shuttle.

CaliforniaChief 08-24-2016 08:46 AM

As was stated, I'm sure your employer is hearing plenty of uproar over this.

Until the discomfort of HR becomes too great, just take the shuttle and try and make the most of it.

BigRichard 08-24-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12383663)
Don't be an asshole.

It's residential. Would you be excited if a bunch of people were using your curb as a parking lot?

It's a shitty thing to do as a matter of practice. Don't punish the poor schlubs across the street because your employer did a piss-poor job of planning.

Ummm... I pay city taxes too. I am a city resident. I never knew you could lay claim to a curb parking spot. I should tell my neighbors to quit parking in front of my house.

tooge 08-24-2016 09:31 AM

Feign an injury to either of your legs. Go to the doc, complain of pain and numbness. Get the handicapped card. Hang it from the rear view mirror. Park right up front. They are never all used anyhow. It wasn't your fault you had to cheat the system. Your job made you do it.

Or, park in your bosses spot. But don't leave the car. Just sit there till your boss arrives. Tell him/her "good luck trying to find a spot in this cluster****"

BigRichard 08-24-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12383753)
Feign an injury to either of your legs. Go to the doc, complain of pain and numbness. Get the handicapped card. Hang it from the rear view mirror. Park right up front. They are never all used anyhow. It wasn't your fault you had to cheat the system. Your job made you do it.

Or, park in your bosses spot. But don't leave the car. Just sit there till your boss arrives. Tell him/her "good luck trying to find a spot in this cluster****"

Funny thing is for a hospital site they only have two handicap spots which are always used. I am guessing there is someone who is handicapped getting hosed here.

DJ's left nut 08-24-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 12383729)
Ummm... I pay city taxes too. I am a city resident. I never knew you could lay claim to a curb parking spot. I should tell my neighbors to quit parking in front of my house.

So you'd be cool if folks you've never met just started parking in front of your house?

What you can do and what you should do are two different things. You're being a dick to people that almost certainly don't want you parking there (as made obvious by their call for security) because you're either lazy or pissed off at your employer.

It's shitty.

tooge 08-24-2016 09:44 AM

Anonymous letters containing your feces to the boss should do it.

BigRichard 08-24-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12383765)
So you'd be cool if folks you've never met just started parking in front of your house?

What you can do and what you should do are two different things. You're being a dick to people that almost certainly don't want you parking there (as made obvious by their call for security) because you're either lazy or pissed off at your employer.

It's shitty.

Yes, parking in a perfectly legal spot (during the day no less)is a shitty thing to do. I will keep that in mind.

BigRichard 08-24-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12383771)
Anonymous letters containing your feces to the boss should do it.

This moved up to my number one suggestion.

scho63 08-24-2016 10:17 AM

If the biggest issue you have to deal with at your job is parking, consider yourself lucky and STFU!