ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs got better times ahead in the next 3 seasons??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300926)

Meatloaf 07-19-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12323776)
Come on.

The roster was shot and the QB worse than shit.

Not sure what's worse than shit, but I think you NAILED it as far as our QBs back then. :thumb:

Easy 6 07-19-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323745)
Not really. We had hosted a playoff game just two years prior to the 2012 disaster. 7-9 and two ridiculously fluke-ish blocked field goals away from winning the division in 2011.

We had and still have those great locker room presences... but they were basically helpless when surrounded by so much incompetence

It was a historically bad era for this team - complete ineptitude - the headlines are still out there to dig up, there is nothing to argue about

Nitpick if you want and I wont argue, but this team was a gutted mess that had not had a comprehensive and winning strategic direction from the top down since Stram died, IMO

ThaVirus 07-19-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12323803)
We had and still have those great locker room presences... but they were basically helpless when surrounded by so much incompetence

It was a historically bad era for this team - complete ineptitude - the headlines are still out there to dig up, there is nothing to argue about

Nitpick if you want and I wont argue, but this team was a gutted mess that had not had a comprehensive and winning strategic direction from the top down since Stram died, IMO

The roster, outside of the 5-6 blue chips we had, was complete shit. I'm not arguing that and I don't think anyone would.

I'm saying we weren't Browns level bad. You have to be really bad for a really long time to make that distinction. If ever we reached that point it was during the Herm years.

Meatloaf 07-19-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323816)
The roster, outside of the 5-6 blue chips we had, was complete shit. I'm not arguing that and I don't think anyone would.

I'm saying we weren't Browns level bad. You have to be really bad for a really long time to make that distinction. If ever we reached that point it was during the Herm years.

We were Browns-level bad in the late 70s. Those teams were B-A-D.

Chief Roundup 07-19-2016 07:25 PM

Some of it depends on the way people want to view things.
I like others think Teicher is being negative which means that he doesn't really see us improving all that much or not enough to accomplish more than what we currently have while under Reid.
The last time that this organization won 2 playoff games in a 6 year period was the early 90s and before that the late 60's. Although that is not great in some ways it would still be better than we have been in at least 23 years.
I think we will win a Division title this year and probably at least 1 more playoff game this season as well. Beyond that only time will tell because of countless possibilities.

ThaVirus 07-19-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12323828)
We were Browns-level bad in the late 70s. Those teams were B-A-D.

That was before my time. I've heard about the 60's squads but know virtually nothing about this team from 1970-1990. We must have blown some serious dicks.

Meatloaf 07-19-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323929)
That was before my time. I've heard about the 60's squads but know virtually nothing about this team from 1970-1990. We must have blown some serious dicks.

In the late 70's our players were bad, our coaches were bad and our front office was bad. Trifecta of Dread.

Chief Roundup 07-19-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323929)

From 1974-1989 we were 94-144-2. We had one 10 win season, one 9 win season and three 8 win seasons.

Gonzo 07-19-2016 09:49 PM

You know, I almost miss Whitlock. Adam is a homer half the time, a doomsdayer the other half and a douchetastic moron all the time.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12323816)

Your analysis from watching a Black&White RCA console TV would have been spot on.

:moon:

BlackOp 07-19-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12323599)

A good beat writer would at least give that side of the argument.

He's not a "good" beat writer...he's a paid NFL shill to keep a small market team out of the narrative.

Had the NY Giants won 11 in a row and won 30-0 in the play-offs..only to be decimated by injuries in the next game...this off-season would be nothing but hype.

KC...nary a word

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12324335)
He's not a "good" beat writer...he's a paid NFL shill to keep a small market team out of the narrative.

Had the NY Giants won 11 in a row and won 30-0 in the play-offs..only to be decimated by injuries in the next game...this off-season would be nothing but hype.

KC...nary a word

That's not on Teicher, that's on the small media market.

It's also on Clark Hunt.

BlackOp 07-19-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12324344)
That's not on Teicher, that's on the small media market.

It's also on Clark Hunt.

There was an ESPN article about the best new FA acquisitions in the AFCW this off-season. Teicher didn't even mention Mitchell Schwartz...he's the best pick-up in the entire division. Dude's paid to spread a negative narrative...

How does a supposed "beat writer" for a single team..neglect mentioning picking up a #1 rated o-lineman? It's deliberate...do you think Legworld would bring it up if the Donkos signed him?

eDave 07-19-2016 10:53 PM

You can't predict one year, much less three.

DaneMcCloud 07-19-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12324355)
You can't predict one year, much less three.

Chiefs got