ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos and Von Miller break off contract talks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300280)

staylor26 06-09-2016 03:52 PM

Why is nobody talking about the message Elway is sending to his lockeroom this offseason?

He's low balled every FA they had, including the best player on their team and SB MVP. If you Broncos fans don't think that is a bad look, I don't know what to tell you.

Mile High Mania 06-09-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12267787)
Why is nobody talking about the message Elway is sending to his lockeroom this offseason?

He's low balled every FA they had.

You're right, he should over pay them all. Many curse these guys for dumping money on players, I have no problem with playing a little hardball. In the end, the player won't sign for less than he believes he is worth.

But, rant away on the horrible conditions Elway sets up for his players.

SAUTO 06-09-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12267763)
If he sits out the year on the tag...he doesn't earn money...not a cent. Plus he doesn't get credit for the year unless he shows up by week 10. That's not a trump card....that's a I gonna **** myself card

While true if they are offering 2 years around 40 guaranteed and he think he can sit out a year and get 5 with 60 where is he really losing out?

20 million in guaranteed dollars is a lot.

SAUTO 06-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12267779)
There's no chance he sits out. Zero. Deal will get done July 15

I believe so too but it's fun to poke

O.city 06-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12267795)
While true if they are offering 2 years around 40 guaranteed and he think he can sit out a year and get 5 with 60 where is he really losing out?

20 million in guaranteed dollars is a lot.

1 year of prime playing?

There's no way he sits out.

ClevelandBronco 06-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12267787)

He's low balled every FA they had.

I've searched my soul and determined that I haven't been talking about it because it's not as important to me as it is to you.

O.city 06-09-2016 03:58 PM

This a year paying prime dollar for Thomas?

staylor26 06-09-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12267792)
You're right, he should over pay them all. Many curse these guys for dumping money on players, I have no problem with playing a little hardball. In the end, the player won't sign for less than he believes he is worth.

But, rant away on the horrible conditions Elway sets up for his players.

Regardless of whether those guys should or shouldn't be paid, you still want your guys to believe they will be rewarded. When you lowball your best player after letting all those other guys walk, players are going to take notice.

Malik's comments were pretty telling that some will take it that way, whether you agree or disagree.

Sassy Squatch 06-09-2016 03:59 PM

Why would it bother us? I'd think Broncos fans would be a bit concerned about how things have played out so far this offseason. This stigma that the Broncos will nickel and dime their best players has to be a bit frustrating, right?

Mile High Mania 06-09-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12267799)
1 year of prime playing?

When is the last time a player sat out a year?

Honestly, both sides want the best deal for their side ... the team wants him, he wants to be there - he'll get paid. This is just noise and Talib says thanks!

Mile High Mania 06-09-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12267807)
Why would it bother us? I'd think Broncos fans would be a bit concerned about how things have played out so far this offseason. This stigma that the Broncos will nickel and dime their best players has to be a bit frustrating, right?

No.

SAUTO 06-09-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12267799)
1 year of prime playing?

At least 20 million guaranteed...

Like I said I agree, BUT I could see that being a factor

staylor26 06-09-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12267803)
This a year paying prime dollar for Thomas?

They had no choice but to pay Thomas. They were all in on a SB run and the window was closing fast. Now they're coming off a SB win where guys expect to be rewarded for their contributions. Completely different scenarios.

O.city 06-09-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12267834)
They had no choice but to pay Thomas. They were all in on a SB run and the window was closing fast. Now they're coming off a SB win where guys expect to be rewarded for their contributions. Completely different scenarios.

And Miller is coming off an all time playoff run to the SB.

He's going to be rewarded for his contributions with what will probably be the highest paid defensive contract in the NFL.

I'd imagine if he really wanted to keep Malik, they would have. Same with Brock.

O.city 06-09-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12267811)
At least 20 million guaranteed...

Like I said I agree, BUT I could see that being a factor

Just seems like a pretty normal negotiation playing out in the media. Something weird crazy could happen, but I'm guessing it gets worked out.