ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith #81 on NFLN top 100 list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299838)

Ming the Merciless 05-11-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12227404)
It's crazy to say to say this about a thirty-something QB, but this could be the season Alex takes the next step. If he can avoid laying any stinkers this year, you're looking at a borderline Pro Bowl QB.

ROFL

CHUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUEFFFS!!!

RobBlake 05-11-2016 11:05 PM

By the doesn't throw deep so that means he sucks at one of the hardest positions to play in any sport

OldSchool 05-11-2016 11:08 PM

From a respected Chief: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...e-bf51905848ef

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-12-2016 03:50 AM

Sounds about right.

ct 05-12-2016 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 12227138)
A lot of people fail to realize that Alex Smith is our version of Rich Gannon. San Fran fans (and I have tons of friends in the Bay Area, so I know) are like, what the ****? Why didn't we keep that guy?! Why didn't he do that while he was here?!

Well, he did, and you picked the wrong guy...plain and simple. The Raiders won a SB with Gannon, and it remains to be seen what Alex can accomplish here...but I know for sure San Francisco would love to have him back.

:doh!:

:facepalm:

:LOL:

RunKC 05-12-2016 06:52 AM

Alex finally became that guy last year and actually made defenses respect the deep ball. He hit quite a few long passes that stretched the defense.
I think he had like 4 of those vs Buffalo alone.

Thank God we got Maclin.

Strongside 05-12-2016 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 12227527)
:doh!:

:facepalm:

:LOL:

We've already cleared this up. Thanks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-12-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 12227138)
A lot of people fail to realize that Alex Smith is our version of Rich Gannon.

Oh sweet god.....:facepalm:

ct 05-12-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 12227538)
We've already cleared this up. Thanks.

Oh i'm sorry i'm too late to pile on your mistake, this must never happen here

:rolleyes:

Halfcan 05-12-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12227534)
Alex finally became that guy last year and actually made defenses respect the deep ball. He hit quite a few long passes that stretched the defense.
I think he had like 4 of those vs Buffalo alone.

Thank God we got Maclin.

That long TD to Maclin as shown in the Tamba video-imo is the best pass he has made as a Chief.

JC will be back and we should have a #2 WR step up out of the pack. The O-line should be better as well. I really hope Andy sticks to the running game as he did in the second half of the season. We have the best group of RB's in the NFL. I have said it for years-this should be a ground and pound team. It takes the pressure of a pass rush off Alex and allows him to pick his spots to go down field for big plays.

If you look at our 3rd and long conversion rate from last year-it had to be close to the bottom. We need to do much better at converting on 3rd downs and a healthy running game should help that.

Mr. Plow 05-12-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12227404)
It's crazy to say to say this about a thirty-something QB, but this could be the season Alex takes the next step.

This is the year he's been waiting for. 12th year in the league is when most players take the next step.

KCUnited 05-12-2016 09:00 AM

Losing Allen and bringing in Streater should land him in the 50s next year.

alpha_omega 05-12-2016 09:07 AM

here he is in his all star uniform.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...4_Pro_Bowl.jpg

King_Chief_Fan 05-12-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12227627)
That long TD to Maclin as shown in the Tamba video-imo is the best pass he has made as a Chief.

JC will be back and we should have a #2 WR step up out of the pack. The O-line should be better as well. I really hope Andy sticks to the running game as he did in the second half of the season. We have the best group of RB's in the NFL. I have said it for years-this should be a ground and pound team. It takes the pressure of a pass rush off Alex and allows him to pick his spots to go down field for big plays.

If you look at our 3rd and long conversion rate from last year-it had to be close to the bottom. We need to do much better at converting on 3rd downs and a healthy running game should help that.

that depends on how Andy uses him....or is it mis-uses him?

Bowser 05-12-2016 10:07 AM

Obviously NFL players need to read more ChiefsPlanet to get the real facts on some of these players they're voting on. Moran retarts.