ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Stan Kroenke buys Largest Ranch in Texas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298146)

DaFace 02-10-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12076046)
Actually his wife owns that team:D

Technically.

Rain Man 02-10-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12075801)
I wonder if he will even spend much time there. My Mom after she retired was hired by a lady who was one of the richest women in our area at the time. She handled her personal affairs did bookkeeping and such. She owned so many cattle ranches and oil interests in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Montana. Mom asked her once if she had even seen these properties. She told her heavens no and never planned to. She lived the winters Hawaii and Costa Rica came back to Mission Hills Ks in Summer and this huge house she lived in was only occupied by Mom a Butler and Driver who were always payed on staff in case she did come to KC for business in Winter. She was old money but nice Lady dead now and Daughter is in charge.

She summered in Kansas? She wasn't very good at jetsetting.

Squalor2 02-10-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 12074601)
http://www.chron.com/homes/article/L...25-6818219.php

Professional sports mogul and rancher Stan Kroenke, whose holdings include the Los Angeles Rams football team, has been approved to purchase the iconic W.T. Waggoner Ranch in north Texas, representatives of the sale announced Tuesday.
The historic property, considered the largest U.S. ranch behind one fence, had been on the market for 18 months at an asking price of $725 million.
Terms of the potential sale were not disclosed, according to a news release from Perry Street Communications, a Dallas consulting firm.

stalwart capitalism. 100 years from now, we are gonna be climbing trumps fence to pick vegtables

GloryDayz 02-10-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12075120)
I believe this is the master house or some shit.

http://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i...20ranch201.jpg

Lawn needs some work!

HonestChieffan 02-10-2016 10:19 PM

Stan has a pretty ranch in Montana. They are excellent stewards. Invasive weed management is a priority and they are very involved in wildlife habitat programs. Private land owners are engaged and involved. Good folks doing good work.

Toby Waller 02-10-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 12076127)
Stan has a pretty ranch in Montana. They are excellent stewards. Invasive weed management is a priority and they are very involved in wildlife habitat programs. Private land owners are engaged and involved. Good folks doing good work.

People that wealthy are doing nothing good

HonestChieffan 02-10-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellypitts (Post 12076131)
People that wealthy are doing nothing good

They do much good. And the Kronkes are just one example of sharing good with many less fortunate.

srvy 02-10-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12076053)
She summered in Kansas? She wasn't very good at jetsetting.

Lot of Old Money in Mission Hills and very rich. Her Lawyers financial advisers generations of her family grew up and stayed. I suppose you can live where you please when you actually are a jet setter with a jet. This was a sheltered woman who's husband died unexpectedly had to learn fast. She hired people to help her as her children had very hard time growing up still haven't probably. My mom was an executive secretary for a large law firm this family kept on retainer. The old woman always trusted and confided in her. There are the rich and then the extremely wealthy the rich are jealous of. That family was that.

Failed to mention Kansas City area was home for generations of this family. Roots do run deep.

Squalor2 02-10-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 12076127)

id still buy beuler a beer. you, make things worse

HonestChieffan 02-10-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalor2 (Post 12076160)
id still buy beuler a beer. you, make things worse

Look to the stars for the future geese. They fly on Sundays in reverse. White dogs bark at Midnight.

We share a special bond i the ancient power. Chant the nebula!

Rain Man 02-10-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12076124)
Lawn needs some work!

Solid gold ponies tend to wear down the grass, I bet.

Squalor2 02-10-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 12076172)
Look to the stars for the future geese. They fly on Sundays in reverse. White dogs bark at Midnight.

We share a special bond i the ancient power. Chant the nebula!

really? you know that you never made anything better

GloryDayz 02-10-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12076194)
Solid gold ponies tend to wear down the grass, I bet.

Yeah, a few Mexicans can fix that. But where's he going to find two eeen Tehas?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2016 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 12076154)
They do much good. And the Kronkes are just one example of sharing good with many less fortunate.

They are Scum sub humans

DaneMcCloud 02-11-2016 02:17 AM

I'm not sure why this is a thread.

Are people going to start posting about acquisitions made by every NFL owner?

**** that.