ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Alex Smith and the Chiefs turned a season around (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297263)

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 12004068)
This cannot be said enough. There is one truly elite QB right now, and that's Tom Brady. Every other QB (even Rodgers) is showing that they aren't good enough to carry a team.

Rodgers, Luck when he's healthy, Roethlisberger,Cam,Brees,

are the elite, and who Alex will have to keep up with to get out of the one and dones.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12004265)
The Pats O-Line is exposing Brady to a ton of pressure, and he isn't carrying them right now any more than any other QB, having lost 3 of their last 4?

Elite QBs carry their teams by raising the level of talent around them.

But they need talent to raise, and Brady hasn't had any for weeks.

Brady is no game manager and can't run. Doesn't hold a candle to Alex Smith.

Shekelsteinberg 01-06-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004268)

are the elite, and who Alex will have to keep up with to get out of the one and dones.

Literally only Rapistberger is in the AFC, Luck isn't in the playoffs.

let's dial it down a notch back into the realm of reality.

KCSLC2008 01-06-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004268)

When Luck was healthy, he was 2-5 this year, his backups were 6-3. One might say but his supporting cast was bad - but then he's not carrying the team is he?

The WRs were good, it was the oline that was bad, but when it's bad for us, people don't give it the same effect. If bad oline makes elite Luck just good, then a bad line makes a good Smith average or below. Yet, some people just claim that Alex is average or below all by himself.

RobBlake 01-06-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

The Pats O-Line is exposing Brady to a ton of pressure, and he isn't carrying them right now any more than any other QB, having lost 3 of their last 4?

Brady's combeback to bring Pats to OT loss against the broncos was about as epic as a QB can do with limited options. Brady has routinely done all a QB can possibly do with limited talent at times.. Amendola stayed healthy somewhat last season and helped brady out. People place unreasonable guidelines on QBs.

Squalor2 01-06-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12002958)
In the WC, it is centered on the QB," checkdowns or touchdowns." Steve Young/ Montana had enough of that killer instinct to push it downfield for the calculated risk. Remember the MNF game in '94 against Elway.

Alex doesn't have that mentality.

really you dont know what you are preaching. i respect the hell out of you, but you are talking about the past. the rest of us want a win. the next game. if i go to the game i wont boo because we lost other games. ill yell and holler for a win. like gblow would

Rasputin 01-06-2016 08:34 PM

They turned the season around by winning duh. Can someone be honest to a bit? We have not played the best quarterbacks this year and our defense has been the beneficiary of it. It's been a great run we just best keep it up in the playoffs. I do think we can beat any body even with a good quarterback. Don't call Payton Manning a good quarterback he is of shit this year.

I just think Chiefs have a lot to prove in the playoffs before I'm going get thrilled about Alex Smith. Yes he has done some good things this year and he keeps the ball in the offense hands for the most part. The opening drive against the Raiders was a thing of beauty but they did not sustain that level throughout the game.

I am very pleased with the season but unless we win in the playoffs I'm not sold on Alex Smith. Win and I can change my mind about him and be thrilled. We needed consistency at the realm and he at least brought that. So my expectations have been exceeded.

Psyko Tek 01-06-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12003881)
I think he's a franchise qb.

I don't think he's elite or anything though.

He brings stability to the position and plays at an above average level.

I have no ****s to give about franchise or elite labels

is he losing games?

Shekelsteinberg 01-06-2016 08:54 PM

We know his limitations and he is playing through them, should be happy for him and the team.

He is playing far above your expectations of him, and you still won't give him any credit.

c'mon that's ****ed up.

OldSchool 01-07-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

I thought the standard around here was that, no matter how bad an OL is, a QB worth his salt will always be able to perform well and light up the score board in spite of them?

Shekelsteinberg 01-07-2016 01:38 AM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/1...alex-smith-2-0

AP on point.

Tribal Warfare 01-07-2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalor2 (Post 12004448)
really you dont know what you are preaching. i respect the hell out of you, but you are talking about the past. the rest of us want a win. the next game. if i go to the game i wont boo because we lost other games. ill yell and holler for a win. like gblow would

yes, and the ultimate WC QB was running practically the same Offense. I'm preaching that an elite QB can make this team a legit SB contender. Instead of playing not to lose like Alex .

If you want your heart torn out then by all means stay complacent with the QB situation.

-King- 01-07-2016 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004743)
yes, and the ultimate WC QB was running practically the same Offense. I'm preaching that an elite QB can make this team a legit SB contender. Instead of playing not to lose like Alex .

If you want your heart torn out then by all means stay complacent with the QB situation.

So this team isn't a Superbowl contender? Which team in the playoffs is better than them no questions asked?

And playing not to lose has won us 10 straight games and 31 games in 3 years. Looks like its working our just fine for Alex.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool 01-07-2016 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12004743)

Because he's proven to be ultra-conservative in the playoffs. ROFL

Tribal Warfare 01-07-2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12004752)
Because he's proven to be ultra-conservative in the playoffs. ROFL

One outlier game defines his career? I'm not drinking that considering what he's done, and the Chiefs still lost to the Colts.

Everyone is going full True Fan