ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet LNBS - The People's Mod... term limits? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295669)

KC native 10-28-2015 10:59 AM

I should be made to be a mod. It would provide insta-burst to the entire site.

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:06 AM

Austin owns this place and the mods serve at his pleasure.

That being said, I think we could use some new blood, both to stay out of personal disputes with posters and board politics and gambling, and to try to improve the tenor of discussion here. I think taking a half a step toward a firmer tack against trolling and serial insulters as well as thread derailment would go a long way to helping bring CP back to being as good a place to be as it once was.

Brock 10-28-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11843921)

That being said, I think we could use some new blood, both to stay out of personal disputes with posters and board politics and gambling, and to try to improve the tenor of discussion here. I think taking a half a step toward a firmer tack against trolling and serial insulters as well as thread derailment would go a long way to helping bring CP back to being as good a place to be as it once was.

More nostalgia for what never was

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11843930)
More nostalgia for what never was

Don't you think there used to be a lot smarter football talk around here?

KC native 10-28-2015 11:15 AM

MODS, MAKE ME A MOD FOR MAXIMUM CP BURST! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Bearcat 10-28-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11843921)

I don't disagree there, but new mods don't exactly change that... AC asked us to calm down on the bans a while back. We've been doing more lately in terms of banning people from threads, but while I wouldn't say our hands are completely tied, but it's also not our board... new mods aren't exactly going to change that.

I agree with Brock for the most part... I think the "good old days" is more of a product of long time posters growing up and growing tired of the same old shit, not so much the site changing a whole lot. Maybe there's more noise now, and I think some of the anti-trolling/mocking stuff gets out of hand more often these days.

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11843966)
I don't disagree there, but new mods don't exactly change that... AC asked us to calm down on the bans a while back. We've been doing more lately in terms of banning people from threads, but while I wouldn't say our hands are completely tied, but it's also not our board... new mods aren't exactly going to change that.

I agree with Brock for the most part... I think the "good old days" is more of a product of long time posters growing up and growing tired of the same old shit, not so much the site changing a whole lot. Maybe there's more noise now, and I think some of the anti-trolling/mocking stuff gets out of hand more often these days.

When we had the threads a few weeks/months ago, basically everyone agrees that this place is much more low brow than it used to be. The team hasn't really been competitive since the early 2000s at least, so you can't blame the team. Nothing has changed with the team.

I suppose we can do what we've been doing but I think being more proactive could help. There used to be more collegial debate and higher brow football talk and not just insult fests derailed into 'doesn't matter QB sucks'

Rausch 10-28-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11843809)
You'll never overthrow my Reich. I am your czar,...

First rule of the Reich: NEVER include the ****ing bolsheviks...

Bearcat 10-28-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11844003)
When we had the threads a few weeks/months ago, basically everyone agrees that this place is much more low brow than it used to be. The team hasn't really been competitive since the early 2000s at least, so you can't blame the team. Nothing has changed with the team.

I suppose we can do what we've been doing but I think being more proactive could help. There used to be more collegial debate and higher brow football talk and not just insult fests derailed into 'doesn't matter QB sucks'

A lot of people have that "good old days" thing... I think there's some truth to it, the board has become a lot bigger, people move on for various reasons, etc. But, I've always taken breaks from this place... game day threads have always been terrible... there have always been trolls... some of the worst posters have been here for years.

Like I said though, I don't disagree that it can't be better... I've always been a fan of removing those who bring absolutely nothing to the table, but 1) it's not my board, 2) my definition will differ from other members.

We have been more active with banning people from threads, but there's still only so much we can do because everyone has a different opinion of what needs to be done. If you read all of the reported posts, I think you'd agree how ridiculous some of them can be... I personally wouldn't mind kicking out all of the chicken littles every time the most clutch team you've ever seen goes down a run, but settle for dumping the worst of it. Hell, we were even going to ban the winner of Douche of the Year for like a week and got overturned.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844057)
A lot of people have that "good old days" thing... I think there's some truth to it, the board has become a lot bigger, people move on for various reasons, etc. But, I've always taken breaks from this place... game day threads have always been terrible... there have always been trolls... some of the worst posters have been here for years.

Like I said though, I don't disagree that it can't be better... I've always been a fan of removing those who bring absolutely nothing to the table, but 1) it's not my board, 2) my definition will differ from other members.

We have been more active with banning people from threads, but there's still only so much we can do because everyone has a different opinion of what needs to be done. If you read all of the reported posts, I think you'd agree how ridiculous some of them can be... I personally wouldn't mind kicking out all of the chicken littles every time the most clutch team you've ever seen goes down a run, but settle for dumping the worst of it. Hell, we were even going to ban the winner of Douche of the Year for like a week and got overturned.

What I have noticed lately is that if you don't go along with the popular voice (blame Smith, turn every thread into Smith bashing) then the masses really start to whine to the Mods...

Actual football discussion or discussion about the root of this teams problems are overshadowed by the constant whining of Smith...

Dave Lane 10-28-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11844072)
What I have noticed lately is that if you don't go along with the popular voice (blame Smith, turn every thread into Smith bashing) then the masses really start to whine to the Mods...

Actual football discussion or discussion about the root of this teams problems are overshadowed by the constant whining of Smith...

Its like a black fly in your chardonnay...

KC native 10-28-2015 12:15 PM

Seriously, if you guys would just make me a mod then I would have this site turned around in about 30 minutes.

Bearcat 10-28-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11844072)

Coming from someone whose 50k posts can be condensed into about twenty. Tell us again about 3 point defense or Andy Reid.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844091)
Coming from someone whose 50k posts can be condensed into about twenty. Tell us again about 3 point defense or Andy Reid.

Yet you can condense the whole site and the last 4,567,765,332,456,789,543,546,789 posts into one post that says Alex Smith sucks. Some riveting football discussion we have here...

Yet, question Andy Reids play calling or game mgmt. or heaven forbid replace Andy Reid.... Meltdown....

Iowanian 10-28-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11843907)
I should be made to be a mod. It would provide insta-burst to the entire site.

I'll just throw this out there. Anyone who wants to be a mod, probably shouldn't be.
It's a crap, thankless job.

If a douchebag like Native is a mod, I'll be done here.