ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Royals v White Sox 10-1 Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294987)

Saul Good 10-01-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11769114)
see, that's where the Umps should have allowed a 2nd run. Melky would have score easily and the rule doesn't state only 2 bases allowed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11769145)
Link??? ground rule double new to you?

You're wrong. Runners get 2 bases from where they were when the play started. There is no umpire discretion allowed on ground rule doubles. You may be thinking of fan interference.

GloryDayz 10-01-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11769168)
the ump can make the assumption the runner would have scored from 1st and allow him a 3rd base..it's happened to us.....so go familiarize yourself with the rule, re-read my post then get back to me

The Ump did exactly what I've always seen done - and with the ground rule double that means man on 1st stops at 3rd just like we saw happen. It's not hard, you just have to not whine about everything that's ever once happened under extraordinary case some other time. (If you're suggesting the Braun play) But this one was textbook ground rule double and like me, the Ump was right.

Just pipe down and watch the game.

Saul Good 10-01-2015 06:53 PM

Each runner including the batter-runner may, without liability to be put out, advance --
(a) To home base, scoring a run, if a fair ball goes out of the playing field in flight and he touched all bases legally; or if a fair ball which, in the umpire’s judgment, would have gone out of the playing field in flight, is deflected by the act of a fielder in throwing his glove, cap, or any article of his apparel;
(b) Three bases, if a fielder deliberately touches a fair ball with his cap, mask or any part of his uniform detached from its proper place on his person. The ball is in play and the batter may advance to home base at his peril;
(c) Three bases, if a fielder deliberately throws his glove at and touches a fair ball. The ball is in play and the batter may advance to home base at his peril.
(d) Two bases, if a fielder deliberately touches a thrown ball with his cap, mask or any part of his uniform detached from its proper place on his person. The ball is in play;
(e) Two bases, if a fielder deliberately throws his glove at and touches a thrown ball. The ball is in play;
Rules 7.05(b) through 7.05(e) Comment: In applying (b-c-d-e) the umpire must rule that the thrown glove or detached cap or mask has touched the ball. There is no penalty if the ball is not touched.
Under (c-e) this penalty shall not be invoked against a fielder whose glove is carried off his hand by the force of a batted or thrown ball, or when his glove flies off his hand as he makes an obvious effort to make a legitimate catch.
(f) Two bases, if a fair ball bounces or is deflected into the stands outside the first or third base foul lines; or if it goes through or under a field fence, or through or under a scoreboard, or through or under shrubbery or vines on the fence; or if it sticks in such fence, scoreboard, shrubbery or vines;

GloryDayz 10-01-2015 06:54 PM

Close.... But I didn't see anything that would turn it over...

lewdog 10-01-2015 06:55 PM

He's got great hair.

petegz28 10-01-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11769207)
You're wrong. Runners get 2 bases from where they were when the play started. There is no umpire discretion allowed on ground rule doubles. You may be thinking of fan interference.

it's happened to us

KCUnited 10-01-2015 06:55 PM

He gone.

ChiTown 10-01-2015 06:56 PM

I wonder if Chris Young is still in the mix as the #4 in the ALDS? Not that I'm unhappy with Medlin, just curious what everyone thinks. Young looked very refreshed last Sunday

kstater 10-01-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 11769090)
I'm listening on the radio and I'm assuming there's 12 people in the stands again?

Eh it's 40 degrees, windy, and they have nothing to play for.

lewdog 10-01-2015 06:56 PM

ROFL

Fever and I on the same page. Not good.

Saul Good 10-01-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11769231)
it's happened to us

I guess quoting the MLB rule book isn't enough to convince Pete he's wrong.

petegz28 10-01-2015 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11769249)
I guess quoting the MLB rule book isn't enough to convince Pete he's wrong.

me and my lying eyes....

GloryDayz 10-01-2015 07:01 PM

That ball took a bit of a left turn. Cool!

SPchief 10-01-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11769253)
me and my lying eyes....

I'm assuming you have a link or a vid of it? Or are you making shit up again? He literally quoted the rulebook for you

SPchief 10-01-2015 07:02 PM

Wicked ball