ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Windows 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293664)

DaFace 08-21-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11673941)
OK, now each time I reboot I lose all my mouse settings and it wants me to reinstall my video driver. This is getting old.

My scroll settings for my touchpad get nuked every time I reboot as well. Haven't found a solution to that yet. I just reset it after each restart, which is a giant pain given that it automatically reboots after installing updates.

I had a video issue (my brightness control) after I first installed, but I just installed the latest Win8 version from HP's web site, and it's worked fine since then.

Things like that are annoying, but are what I kind of expect as an early adopter. Hopefully they get it figured out soon though.

Sure-Oz 08-21-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11674500)
My scroll settings for my touchpad get nuked every time I reboot as well. Haven't found a solution to that yet. I just reset it after each restart, which is a giant pain given that it automatically reboots after installing updates.

I had a video issue (my brightness control) after I first installed, but I just installed the latest Win8 version from HP's web site, and it's worked fine since then.

Things like that are annoying, but are what I kind of expect as an early adopter. Hopefully they get it figured out soon though.

Is Synaptic your touchpad? Mine won't retain settings on reboot for it when i disabled pinch zoom on reboot. Always reverts back. Apparently there are workarounds like ****ing with the registry. Hopefully updates come out soon cause its annoying keeping my laptop on sleep and plugged in

Miles 08-22-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11674500)

My touchpad was giving me a lot of problems from the start (Synaptics on Dell). Driver app wouldn't usually load on reboot so gestures like scrolling wouldn't work. Fortunately it seems to have worked itself out with one of the Windows updates last week.

DaFace 08-22-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11676856)
Is Synaptic your touchpad? Mine won't retain settings on reboot for it when i disabled pinch zoom on reboot. Always reverts back. Apparently there are workarounds like ****ing with the registry. Hopefully updates come out soon cause its annoying keeping my laptop on sleep and plugged in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11677252)
My touchpad was giving me a lot of problems from the start (Synaptics on Dell). Driver app wouldn't usually load on reboot so gestures like scrolling wouldn't work. Fortunately it seems to have worked itself out with one of the Windows updates last week.

Yep - Synaptics (on an HP). I know it was still an issue as of a few days ago, anyway, but hopefully an update will take care of it soon as it seems to have for Miles.

007 08-22-2015 02:57 PM

It's still an issue even with all updates installed.

hometeam 08-22-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11678129)
It's still an issue even with all updates installed.

This is why forced updates are bad. Especially when you are talking about drivers.

And its a rampant problem across systems of all configurations.

lewdog 08-22-2015 06:52 PM

I keep getting asked to update. Should I?

Ragged Robin 08-23-2015 02:08 AM

Made the jump from 7 yesterday. Meh, same shit except annoying to turn everything off upon install. Quad snap would be nice if I had bigger monitors.

007 08-23-2015 04:44 PM

Now every time I start firefox my laptop crashes. This all started after the windows updates last week. WTF

I may be on my way back to windows 7

keg in kc 08-24-2015 03:40 PM

Weird. I run Firefox with Windows 10 on my desktop and have seen no issues to date. Wonder what's going on with you that isn't in my machine.

hometeam 08-24-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11682496)
Weird. I run Firefox with Windows 10 on my desktop and have seen no issues to date. Wonder what's going on with you that isn't in my machine.

win10 is decidng which hardware drivers are best for him.

Its wrong~

jd1020 08-25-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11678514)
I keep getting asked to update. Should I?

I still havent. Don't plan to until some time next year. Have one year to do it for free. Waiting for the kinks to be worked out and also curious to see how Microsoft plans on getting its money back from all these "free" upgrades. Consider me skeptical that Microsoft is handing out millions of free Windows 10 upgrades that they value at $119 a pop without some sort of "but" down the line.

DaFace 08-30-2015 09:02 AM

If others run into the Synaptics Touchpad issue that I did, the solution here worked for me:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b2b1e60?auth=1

Stewie 08-30-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11680648)
Now every time I start firefox my laptop crashes. This all started after the windows updates last week. WTF

I may be on my way back to windows 7

Mine was fine until the last update, too. Now when I boot my laptop it beeps incessantly and won't continue until I hit the Windows key.

Another problem that arose is when my computer is in sleep mode the touchpad doesn't work when it wakes up. Again, if I hit the Windows key, it comes to life.

This is the upgrade from Win7 and I've heard there are more problems with that than the upgrade from Win8.

Sure-Oz 08-31-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11694154)
If others run into the Synaptics Touchpad issue that I did, the solution here worked for me:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b2b1e60?auth=1

Nice workaround...surprised no update has came out yet