ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science NASA is making a big announcement about an exoplanet Thursday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293525)

ptlyon 07-23-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11613589)
Would be cool if we discovered a planet populated with nothing but victorias secret type nymphos.

Our luck they'd all be lesbians

eDave 07-23-2015 01:46 PM

DaFace loves him some space.

Milky Way was very clear and visible within Phoenix city limits the last few days for some reason. It's been cool.

Tribal Warfare 07-23-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11613357)
When NASA does discover extraterrestrial life, I think that the public will be notified in stages, not "Hey, we found it! Check it out!".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZX7UgzAHoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaFace 07-23-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11613671)
DaFace loves him some space.

Milky Way was very clear and visible within Phoenix city limits the last few days for some reason. It's been cool.

Affirmative. Earth sucks, so we might as well look for something better. :)

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11613639)
Really?

Yes, I believe that it's possible that extraterrestrial life has been found and that the government has been notifying us in stages.

Arthur C. Clarke's novel, Childhood's End, illustrates how such knowledge could be revealed and IMO, it makes perfect sense.

Civilization will need to "come to grips" with the fact that human beings aren't the only intelligent life in the universe.

DaFace 07-23-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11613697)
Yes, I believe that it's possible that extraterrestrial life has been found and that the government has been notifying us in stages.

Arthur C. Clarke's novel, Childhood's End, illustrates how such knowledge could be revealed and IMO, it makes perfect sense.

Civilization will need to "come to grips" with the fact that human beings aren't the only intelligent life in the universe.

While I'm skeptical that it's happened already, I do agree that making an announcement about finding extraterrestrial life would likely not be announced all at once on the 6 o'clock news. The chaos would be insane.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 07-23-2015 02:44 PM

http://www.superman-through-the-ages...a/Bizarro1.jpg

Donger 07-23-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11613697)

Okay.

petegz28 07-23-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11613699)
While I'm skeptical that it's happened already, I do agree that making an announcement about finding extraterrestrial life would likely not be announced all at once on the 6 o'clock news. The chaos would be insane.

There is overwhelming evidence that we have been in contact with ET's. Trained professional pilots both commercial and military all over the world have reported UFO encounters for decades. These are not people who got high, no pun intended, and saw some lights in the sky.

Humankind as a whole could not tolerate the realization that not only are we not alone but we are probably also very low on the evolutionary ladder.

There are some who believe that it is impossible to have been visited by ET's because "we don't have the technology". People don't understand that we have been around for all of 2,000 years when it is very possible and very likely there are civilizations or otherwise intelligent life that has been around for millions if not billions of years.

mdchiefsfan 07-23-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11613656)
Our luck they'd all be lesbians

With the stage of modern technology where it's at, all we can do is watch anyways. :shrug:

ThaVirus 07-23-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 11613709)
People don't understand that we have been around for all of 2,000 years...

Nah.

Nightfyre 07-23-2015 02:55 PM

Humans have only been around for 2000 years?

eDave 07-23-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

There is overwhelming evidence that we have been in contact with ET's. Trained professional pilots both commercial and military all over the world have reported UFO encounters for decades. These are not people who got high, no pun intended, and saw some lights in the sky.

Humankind as a whole could not tolerate the realization that not only are we not alone but we are probably also very low on the evolutionary ladder.

There are some who believe that it is impossible to have been visited by ET's because "we don't have the technology". People don't understand that we have been around for all of 2,000 years when it is very possible and very likely there are civilizations or otherwise intelligent life that has been around for millions if not billions of years.

Great googly moogly

petegz28 07-23-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11613735)
Great googly moogly

sorry that was a typo.....it's been a long ****ing day

Fish 07-23-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Overwhelming evidence? LMAO..... Maybe if you believe this guy....

http://i59.tinypic.com/11lk09x.jpg