ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Demaryius Thomas signs long term deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293419)

MagicHef 07-15-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601234)
Because expecting a QB to produce a WR with 1,400 yards and double digit touchdowns in the first few seasons to start his career is totally unrealistic. Even Andrew Luck and Dan Marino, who have had the best statistical starts to their career of any in league history, couldn't do it in their first handful of years.

Plus I basically just told you as good as guys like Jordy Nelson and Brandon Marshall. I don't think that's claiming it's "all Peyton".

I honestly don't know what you're talking about now. Harrison did it in 1999, Peyton's second year. It's not because Peyton couldn't do it "in the first few seasons to start his career."

The Franchise 07-15-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 11601239)
Pierre Garçon went from Peyton to RGIII and broke team receiving records his first year in DC. Peyton did that too though right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11601246)
First year in DC? Maybe you meant 2nd?

44 catches for 633 yards and 4 TDs.

Oh and that record breaking year in his 2nd season in Washington might have something to do with his 184 targets that year. His closest year with Peyton was 119 targets.

MagicHef 07-15-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601149)
It's essentially a foregone conclusion that the #1 WR in a Peyton Manning-led offense will rack up 1,400 yards and double digit TDs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601234)
I don't think that's claiming it's "all Peyton".

Ok?

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 11601239)
Pierre Garçon went from Peyton to RGIII and broke team receiving records his first year in DC. Peyton did that too though right?

Pierre Garcon is a pretty good WR. What are you debating?

He didn't have great stats with Peyton for a few reasons. He had a rookie season in which he was the fourth option behind Wayne, Harrison and Clark, a sophomore season, and his third after which Peyton was literally cut.

FlaChief58 07-15-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11601183)
He caught a game winning TD pass, in overtime of a playoff game, against the Pittsburgh Steelers...from Tim Tebow. I think Thomas will be just fine.

Every dog get's a bone sometime. No one on the steelers staff or team expected that from tboner, which is why it worked that ONE time.

Since then his stats have been padded by having manning throwing the ball to him. I stand by my statement that as soon as manning is gone, thomas will become either average or slightly above average. No way he keeps up this pace

DaFace 07-15-2015 04:50 PM

The key to evaluating this one will be when Manning retires. Until then, it's tough to say. It's a lot of money for a WR, but I can't say I wouldn't like to have him on the Chiefs...

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11601249)
I honestly don't know what you're talking about now. Harrison did it in 1999, Peyton's second year. It's not because Peyton couldn't do it "in the first few seasons to start his career."

Shit, he did. Wow, Peyton is a ****ing beast.

Yards are still overrated. Thomas has put up some monster stats. #1 targets of HOF QBs tend to do that.

Even Emmanuel Sanders broke 1,400 yards last season.

vailpass 07-15-2015 06:49 PM

DemT is as good a YAC receiver as there is in the game today.

Just Passin' By 07-15-2015 06:49 PM

This thread has gone all kinds of stupid. People belittling Thomas?

Morons.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-15-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11601268)
The key to evaluating this one will be when Manning retires. Until then, it's tough to say. It's a lot of money for a WR, but I can't say I wouldn't like to have him on the Chiefs...

Ditto !

Mother****erJones 07-15-2015 06:53 PM

I would love to have Thomas in KC. Don't understand the hate.

Willie Lanier 07-15-2015 07:19 PM

Dumb argument, be happy we still have Justin Houston and regarding Thomas let the chips fall where they may...

Hootie 07-15-2015 08:19 PM

Demaryius is good, sure. But I think Emmanuel is a better receiver, for real.

Saulbadguy 07-15-2015 08:24 PM

Demaryius Thomas is the worst wide receiver of all time.

listopencil 07-15-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11601261)
Every dog get's a bone sometime. No one on the steelers staff or team expected that from tboner, which is why it worked that ONE time.

Since then his stats have been padded by having manning throwing the ball to him. I stand by my statement that as soon as manning is gone, thomas will become either average or slightly above average. No way he keeps up this pace

It was a little dink pass from Tebow that Thomas turned into a TD. He has shown the ability to do that consistently.The only weak points in Thomas' game are that he doesn't always fight for the ball and that he's streaky. He'll be a substantial asset regardless of the QB and he has shown that on the field. If the Broncos pass a lot, he'll have an impressive stat line. If the Broncos don't pass a lot, he'll have a decent stat line and it will still be obvious that he is well above average to anyone who watches him play.