ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gregg Marshall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291488)

Brock 03-24-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 11401136)
Heard he is going to Texas A and M if they fire their coach.

Makes less sense than ut.

DJ's left nut 03-24-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11400839)
It's a given that he'll leave someday but it isn't going to be for some school like Texas. If he wanted that he would have went to Missouri when they backed the truck up to his front door.

That didn't actually happen.

Sadly, folks from his camp said he probably would have come to Missouri had they backed the truck up to his front door.

The AD and Curators refused to do so.

Money was exactly the reason Mizzou didn't get Greg Marshall and instead hired probably the single worst coach in Division I basketball.

Predarat 03-24-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11401141)
Makes less sense than ut.

My source on that is just a drunkin couch blogger so it probably won't happen.

Brock 03-24-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11401157)
That didn't actually happen.

Sadly, folks from his camp said he probably would have come to Missouri had they backed the truck up to his front door.

The AD and Curators refused to do so.

Money was exactly the reason Mizzou didn't get Greg Marshall and instead hired probably the single worst coach in Division I basketball.

You are probably right, all I'm saying is Marshall has turned his nose up at a lot of money in the past.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-24-2015 12:45 PM

Was told by a person very close to the program is Marshall isnt leaving unless its blue blood school where basketball is king, and he would prefer that school being in the carolinas. He said money isnt a issue for him, he has all the money that he could ever want. He also said Mizzou pretty much gave him a blank check and told him to write the amount and of course he declined.

Chiefspants 03-24-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 11401249)
He also said Mizzou pretty much gave him a blank check and told him to write the amount and of course he declined.

I've heard that Missouri's boosters actually refused to do this, but who could blame them when their prodigal son was waiting at the gates?

Saul Good 03-24-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 11401249)
Was told by a person very close to the program is Marshall isnt leaving unless its blue blood school where basketball is king, and he would prefer that school being in the carolinas. He said money isnt a issue for him, he has all the money that he could ever want. He also said Mizzou pretty much gave him a blank check and told him to write the amount and of course he declined.

Your source is an idiot. None of that is true.