ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pit Bull Kills man trying to resuscitate his owner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291186)

Eureka 03-09-2015 08:31 PM

Unfortunately the dog has to be put down. Not all pit bulls are the same but my honest experience with them is they are what they are. They have certain charistics that ring true to the breed.

I've owned a few Dobermans and they all shared certain traits yet each had their own personalities.

Pitbulls are not a bad breed it's just that there are to many of them and not enough "correct" Pitbull owners. I'm not sure if this case is a good example though.

Pepe Silvia 03-09-2015 08:34 PM

I love them but I wouldn't own one.

TribalElder 03-09-2015 08:35 PM

Mine is a mean little bastard

I could totally see that happening.

Marcellus 03-09-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11371784)
In the dog's defense, it would have looked like the man was attacking the owner. But since the dog killed a person, it has to be put down. I've never owned a pit bull, but I had a Rottweiler. She loved it when company came over. But if I had a heart attack and one of my friends tried CPR on me, she probably would have barked at the guy, at the very least. She'd have been freaked out by me flopping to the floor, I am sure. Once when I was barefoot and using the sweeper, I tried to push it into the family room and stubbed my toe badly. I let out a holler and fell on the floor. She came over and laid her head on my chest and looked so sad!

My old Rott (RIP) would flip out anytime anyone was wrestling or acting like they were fighting around him.

Even if I acted like I was punching one of my friends he would try to grab a hold of my arm to stop me.

He wouldn't try to hurt you but he would bark like hell and try to grab your arm and stop you from hurting whoever he thought was getting hurt.

He was anti violence I guess you could say.

Just Passin' By 03-09-2015 08:54 PM

The dog did its job of protecting its owner from a perceived attack. As a result, two humans are dead, and the dog will be killed.

Sad story all around.

Gonzo 03-09-2015 09:59 PM

Here we ****ing go...
Obligatory
"Any big dog would do that!"
Followed by obligatory
"Then why is it we only hear about Pit Bulls doing it and not German Shepherds or Great Danes?"

My solution? Make people get a special license to own the breed like you would a handgun and call it a day.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-09-2015 10:34 PM

Worthless ****ing breed.

The Franchise 03-09-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11372321)
Worthless ****ing breed.

Worthless ****ing human.

SPchief 03-09-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11372257)
Here we ****ing go...
Obligatory
"Any big dog would do that!"
Followed by obligatory
"Then why is it we only hear about Pit Bulls doing it and not German Shepherds or Great Danes?"

My solution? Make people get a special license to own the breed like you would a handgun and call it a day.

I'm an owner of a full blood pit with papers and a Rot mix and I would be in favor for it. But it wouldn't do anything to change the breed, change the dipshit owners who are unfit, or the perception of the breed. Just like with the gun argument, if someone is gonna want one to fight, have a special licence to own one isn't gonna change anything.

Personal note, my pit is the sweetest dog in the world. She wouldn't hurt a fly unless that fly was trying to attack me. Having said that I'm fully aware of what she's capable of and if I sense that there may be a danger issue either it being she's getting to aggressive playing with my neighbor's dogs or some kids happen to be walking by that she is barking at that's not her normal "play" with me bark, I'll remove her from the situation and bring her inside.

SPchief 03-09-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11372321)
Worthless ****ing breed.

Just off yourself

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-09-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 11372337)
Just off yourself

White trash

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-09-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11372330)
Worthless ****ing human.

Look, a meth addict is a pit bull owner. Color me surprised.

RealSNR 03-09-2015 10:43 PM

I know about half of these pit bull comments are troll attempts. The problem is knowing which ones are which.

TribalElder 03-09-2015 10:44 PM

Plot twist

The "friend" was killing the guy and the dog intervened but it was too late

Only Caesar Milan can solve this case now

RealSNR 03-09-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11372354)
Plot twist

The "friend" was killing the guy and the dog intervened but it was too late

Only Caesar Milan can solve this case now

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rx_lTgUSyB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>