ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Boulevard Brewing taps NYC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290899)

stevieray 02-26-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 11348528)
According to the article once NYC is added it'll be 31 states.

...doesn't surprise me it's moving along that quickly...granted I heard this awhile back.

stevieray 02-26-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11348844)
Have you been to that MoBrew place yet?

do they pour beer into wine glasses?

;)

Pablo 02-26-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11348846)
Weird.

I'm no beer connoisseur by any means, but aside from when Irish Ale is available, Blvd Pale Ale is my favorite beer to drink.

Odd to see my favorite (second favorite, really) trashed so hard.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pale Ale. It's a good beer and I drink it often enough. There are just better Blvd. beers out there IMO.

stevieray 02-26-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11348887)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pale Ale. It's a good beer and I drink it often enough. There are just better Blvd. beers out there IMO.

yup, still love the Wheat, though others will disagree..Dartgod turned me on to Pale at B5 tailgates back in 2003...never went back to domestic.

phisherman 02-26-2015 02:13 PM

Plain old Boulevard Pale Ale was what really got me away from adjunct lagers permanently. I rarely drink it anymore, but it still stands out to me, albeit in a different way than it did 10 years ago.

In the era of super hopped up ales in general, Pale Ale still has a nice, strong malt backbone balanced well with hop bitterness. It's a classic interpretation of a classic style. It's not really in your face, and it's not all that "sexy", but it's still a darn good beer.

Pablo 02-26-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11348893)
yup, still love the Wheat, though others will disagree..Dartgod turned me on to Pale at B5 tailgates back in 2003...never went back to domestic.

I still drink domestics regularly. I'll buy some Bud Light/Busch Light here and there; but for the price point you pay for domestics you can usually get Blvd. products for a couple bucks more a 12 pack.

Reaper16 02-26-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11348766)
So being an old recipe in beer is a bad thing? Has anyone informed Guinness of this?

Absolutely not. But nobody "talks about" Guinness either. It doesn't have hype. Because it's reached classic status. It'll always have its share of dedicated consumers, but there's no "buzz" about the Guinness brand anymore. That's not a bad thing, either.

With the case of a beer like Boulevard Pale Ale, well, it's similarly attained [regional] classic status. But we've made many advances in the brewing of American Pale Ales in the last 8 years. Nobody is really advancing the Irish Dry Stout style (and there isn't a reason to anyway).

Reaper16 02-26-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 11348908)

In the era of super hopped up ales in general, Pale Ale still has a nice, strong malt backbone balanced well with hop bitterness. It's a classic interpretation of a classic style. It's not really in your face, and it's not all that "sexy", but it's still a darn good beer.

I feel the same way. The strength of that recipe is still evident in its balance. It may not be Zombie Dust or MO, but that's fine. It's versatile, local, and inexpensive.

kysirsoze 02-26-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11348440)
I was complaining about this on facebook, and the owner of a bar near my house in LA chimed in that he's from KC and has Boulevard brought in on tap.

Boo.

****ing.

Yah.

NAME OF BAR PLEASE.

kysirsoze 02-26-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11348660)
I don't think people in KC talk about Boulevard Pale Ale, even. It's just...there. A solid beer you can find everywhere. No one talks about it because its a 25+ year old recipe. Innovative back in its day but old-guard now.

I agree it's not innovative by today's standards, but I still think it is a fantastic American Pale. Very drinkable and balanced. Not every beer I drink has to knock me off my stool. I would buy it now and then for sure if I could get it in CA. Most of the Smokestack Series is great, but I wish we got some of the standard Boulevard stuff out here.

phisherman 02-26-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 11348962)
NAME OF BAR PLEASE.

For all you guys in Cali, if you can reliably get Alpine/Russian River/Sante Adarius/Firestone Walker fun stuff, let me know, I can get you most any Boulevard beers for trading.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2015 06:10 PM

Back in the day, I put away reservoirs of Bobs 47 and Irish Ale.

stevieray 02-26-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 11349076)
For all you guys in Cali, if you can reliably get Alpine/Russian River/Sante Adarius/Firestone Walker fun stuff, let me know, I can get you most any Boulevard beers for trading.

...you work for BLVD? or just connected?

phisherman 02-26-2015 06:42 PM

I have a couple of buddies that are associated with the brewery.

I've tried a few test beers before, but that's about all the special treatment I get. :)

stevieray 02-26-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 11349500)
I have a couple of buddies that are associated with the brewery.

I've tried a few test beers before, but that's about all the special treatment I get. :)

Nice!...majority of the people I've encountered have been pretty cool.