ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Floyd and Pacman set to fight May 2nd!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290776)

In58men 02-21-2015 10:37 AM

People think these two fighters are way out of their prime. For all I know Floyd hasn't showed ANY signs of decline. Pacman showed signs, but he's going to be ready. It'll still be his biggest fight in big career.

You better believe these two guys are going to fight like there 25 years old again.

Why Not? 02-21-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11339660)
I miss boxing being a big event. I wish there were some heavyweights worth watching. I miss the days of Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis. UFC sucks.

Amen. I remember when I was a kid and into my late teens, a heavyweight fight was stay home, must see TV. Now, with a gun to my head I can't name a heavyweight other than Klitscho(and I don't even know which one of them is the champ).

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11339660)
I miss boxing being a big event. I wish there were some heavyweights worth watching. I miss the days of Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis. UFC sucks.

This. Dumbest sport to transpire in the history of history.

MTG#10 02-21-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11339537)
Money Mayweather is going to dance around the ring like a little bitch and land just enough weak shots to win by decision.

FYP

In58men 02-21-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11339889)
This. Dumbest sport to transpire in the history of history.

Pride fighting was a lot better than UFC. I even went to a Pride fight in Vegas and watch Fedor vs Coleman. It was awesome.

WhawhaWhat 02-21-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11339859)
If I'm planning on watching it, then its a pretty huge deal. I only watch the UFC, the other combat sports are all too limited and not interesting to me, but I'll watch this fight.

Did you watch Mayweather vs De La Hoya? That fight was huge.

WhawhaWhat 02-21-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11339916)
Pride fighting was a lot better than UFC. I even went to a Pride fight in Vegas and watch Fedor vs Coleman. It was awesome.

I miss the intros and entrances that Pride had, along with the fights of course. Broadcast team was top notch too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11339916)

In the old days, they would put a boxer against a karate dude or some shit.

Now THAT was tight.

When it became it's own regimen and style:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRING.

In58men 02-21-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11339920)
I miss the intros and entrances that Pride had, along with the fights of course. Broadcast team was top notch too.

Not a lot of people even knew what it was back in the day. I use to watch that more than UFC. Wanderlei Silva was the reason I watched Pride. His fight against Kazuyuki Fujita was brutal. It was crazy becasue Kazuyuki Fujita skull is thicker than the average human. Silva went to town on it.

WhawhaWhat 02-21-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11339928)
Not a lot of people even knew what it was back in the day. I use to watch that more than UFC. Wanderlei Silva was the reason I watched Pride. His fight against Kazuyuki Fujita was brutal. It was crazy becasue Kazuyuki Fujita skull is thicker than the average human. Silva went to town on it.

Wandy vs Mark Hunt was a great fight too. I bought Pride 5 thru 10 on vhs after each event. The early Sakaraba vs the Gracies battles were awesome.

alnorth 02-21-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11339922)
In the old days, they would put a boxer against a karate dude or some shit.

Now THAT was tight.

When it became it's own regimen and style:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRING.

Its hard to be more wrong than this. Damn near every fight has guys with very different styles going at it. Wrestling, Karate, kickboxers, pure strikers, Muay Thai, hell even a couple judo fighters.

If you are talking about the weird overly-styled stuff from the earliest days, martial artists who do stupid shit that don't work was weeded out. If it worked, we'd see it.

Old Dog 02-21-2015 02:18 PM

Currently
Mayweather -258
Paquiao +215

Simply Red 02-21-2015 02:42 PM

I bet PBF pretty much whoops Pac. I'm not saying a knockout. but.

SAUTO 02-21-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11340000)
Wandy vs Mark Hunt was a great fight too. I bought Pride 5 thru 10 on vhs after each event. The early Sakaraba vs the Gracies battles were awesome.

The ass bomb.

SDChiefs 02-21-2015 04:50 PM

May weather is a bitch. His only concern is keeping his record pristine so he can say he's the best. Pacman wants to beat the best so there's no contest. A champion in 8 different weight classes vs an undefeated who has until this point skirted any battle that he thought he may lose. Manny ftw.