ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Any board changes soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289659)

007 01-02-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11238396)
Huh, mine does resize the pages automatically.

The google search works fine to find a thread, but sometimes I am looking for a specific post and it won't work for that.

Are you talking about the mobile version of CP maybe?

Bugeater 01-02-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11238403)
Are you talking about the mobile version of CP maybe?

Nope, just the regular site.

007 01-02-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11238407)
Nope, just the regular site.

ugh. I can't stand the normal site on a phone. Hell, I don't even like it on a tablet.

ghak99 01-02-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11238397)
LOL Who'd they ban?

I haven't been on there much. I'd be on there all the damn time if the interface wasn't so terrible. And if mods would come in and take out the dups. Nothing irritates me more than a front page that looks like this.

A cattle trader and a weird soils guy. I didn't even care for either of them, but their left field ideas brought good conversation out of people who only speak up when someone is full of shit or rings a bell that's worth discussing.

All those picture attempts are hilariously annoying. I realize there's a pile of computer illiterate people on there, but even I have trouble posting pics on there sometimes. If the posters and info would sustain a migration the whole forum needs taken out behind the wood shed.

Fairplay 01-02-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 11238179)
Hell, if CP made an app, and it was actually decent, I'd pay a couple bucks for it. And I've never in my life paid for an app before.

I want the free version.

Buehler445 01-02-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 11238460)
A cattle trader and a weird soils guy. I didn't even care for either of them, but their left field ideas brought good conversation out of people who only speak up when someone is full of shit or rings a bell that's worth discussing.

All those picture attempts are hilariously annoying. I realize there's a pile of computer illiterate people on there, but even I have trouble posting pics on there sometimes. If the posters and info would sustain a migration the whole forum needs taken out behind the wood shed.

Heh. Guess I've missed out. I haven't been on there much.

The thing that kills me is you can't format it to the newest responses on top. So the good threads are buried under the corn pic fails.

WilliamTheIrish 01-02-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11238391)
I must be the only one here that actually prefers the google search.

Same here. More accurate and fast as hell.

Saul Good 01-02-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 11238150)
I was thinking... I only come here once every 2-4 months and when I do it's the same old board. By that, I mean no disrespect but isn't there something to make the board more "user friendly" or updated?

Like real time post updates on posts instead of having to hit refresh. Facebook "like or dislike" buttons to go along with the rep system?

I found myself wanting to like a post of someone's but I then remember the rep system I'd have to go through a couple of clicks and no one else can see my rep for that user. More times than not, I just don't do the rep because of that reason.

These are just my mudslinging thoughts and wanted to know if there were any upgrades coming?

Please understand I'm just offering suggestions instead of slinging mud.
This place is more like the older dwindling church that doesn't change with the times instead of evolving to include "quickies for convenience" for the younger ADHD generation.

Mic Jones...where have you been, man? I haven't seen you and your Lawrence Fishburn avatar in forever.

ghak99 01-02-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11238480)
Heh. Guess I've missed out. I haven't been on there much.

The thing that kills me is you can't format it to the newest responses on top. So the good threads are buried under the corn pic fails.

I hear you. It's mind boggling dumb.

TimBone 01-02-2015 08:52 PM

Tapatalk has really ****ed themselves with all the updates. The new version is straight ball sack.

cosmo20002 01-02-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11238182)
CP is on software that's 5 years old, so there aren't a ton of new features coming out for it at this point. The upgrade is do-able, but it's a massive amount of work, and a lot of the features that HAVE been added over the years would we wiped out.

So in short, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Well, it's not going to upgrade itself...

BigRedChief 01-02-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11238540)
Well, it's not going to upgrade itself...

Even if you get volunteers to split the workload up, you would still have to grant everyone that worked on it, access to the Server. More cooks in the kitchen, more chance to screw something up.

cosmo20002 01-02-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11238203)
To put more numbers to it, it's probably a $50k-$75k effort on the low end to design from scratch, so you're gonna have to have some pretty deep pockets.

I see the ads at the bottom of the screen. Austin is pulling TIME WARNER money. He's pulling MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL money. Tell him to loosen the purse strings.

BigRedChief 01-02-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11238549)
I see the ads at the bottom of the screen. Austin is pulling TIME WARNER money. He's pulling MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL money. Tell him to loosen the purse strings.

It's not about money. Bandwidth and the Server cost money. Add on's and upgrades are free except for the labor part.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11238549)

Maybe you can skip a Girls Night Out and DIY?