ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music 2015 Rock Hall Of Fame Class Includes Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Green Day (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289195)

DaneMcCloud 12-17-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11197643)
Not sure why the douche comment was necessary, but the comparison with Sinatra is just silly. You brought him up. I'm not interested in defending him. But when she sustains 60 years of popularity singing her 4 cover songs (1 major hit), let me know. And whether she delivered the best interpretation of songs someone else had already written, recorded and performed is debatable. She had the one huge hit. Some of her other covers probably weren't as popular as the originals.

Again, I'm not saying she sucks. But is her music really is "Hall of Fame" level? Come on...

I have neither the time nor desire to continue the discussion with someone so utterly ill-informed.

Go argue with your mirror.

cosmo20002 12-17-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11197658)
W.A.S.P. gets stung by news of shunned RRHOF induction

Would have been better with the Scorpions. Try harder.

cosmo20002 12-17-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11197669)
I have neither the time nor desire to continue the discussion with someone so utterly ill-informed.

Go argue with your mirror.

Ill informed...yeah. As if I said something that wasn't true.
Your insider knowledge about how nice she is or that she helped produce some minor punk album is doesn't overcome her body of work that is weak as hell.

Kim Gordon/Sonic Youth > Joan Jett
Wilson Sisters/Heart > Joan Jett
Pat Benatar > Joan Jett
Siouxsie Sioux > Joan Jett
Chrissie Hynde > Joan Jett

listopencil 12-17-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11197687)
Ill informed...yeah. As if I said something that wasn't true.
Your insider knowledge about how nice she is or that she helped produce some minor punk album is doesn't overcome her body of work that is weak as hell.

Kim Gordon/Sonic Youth > Joan Jett
Wilson Sisters/Heart > Joan Jett
Pat Benatar > Joan Jett
Siouxsie Sioux > Joan Jett

Meh. Joan Jett rocked her ass off, and still does last I checked. I'd rather listen to her than any of those other artists.

KC native 12-17-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11196691)
Green Day has sold more than 85 million records.

That doesn't mean that they don't suck.

Crying Ramtard 12-17-2014 02:18 PM

LOL Green Day gets in but the Smiths don't ? what a joke.

Green Day is just a rip off candy wannabe post punk band with catchy riffs here and there

Crying Ramtard 12-17-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11196689)
She's a pioneer. Cherry Bomb was a huge hit and the Runaways were the first all-girl punk rock band. Her solo career produced several major hits and "I Love Rock & Roll" has been an anthem since he covered it more than 30 years ago. She also stayed relevant in the scene, helping out other artists and bands as well as producing.

She's literally the first girl Rock Star. She may not be known as a great songwriter but she's a great artist. That's every reason to belong in that dopey hall of fame.

I love rock and roll-

was the least of her work and career. That was the commercial over produced poppy crap she had to do for the business.

here early stuff is really why she's in

Nzoner 12-17-2014 02:44 PM

Personally I very much like Joan's song Riddles that she wrote and released in '06

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/49pfvKW1iQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alpha_omega 12-17-2014 02:59 PM

Joan Jett...well, at least we know they aren't selecting based on breast size.

cosmo20002 12-17-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 11198638)
Joan Jett...well, at least we know they aren't selecting based on breast size.

Meat Loaf isn't in.

Easy 6 12-17-2014 03:36 PM

Riddles was cool, a good sing along, it reminded me quite a bit of Social Distortion... liked the Rumsfeld "known unknowns" spiel in the back ground at the end.

big nasty kcnut 12-17-2014 08:59 PM

Still pissed that depeche mode not in yet and new order.

Coochie liquor 12-19-2014 04:51 AM

I wish Green Days plane would take a dive into the Everglades! Bunch of bitches!
I won ticket for my son and daughter to go see them with a backstage meet n greet prob 6 years ago. When I dropped them off at the arena eat there were roughly 40 people that had also won. Many had been following them for a few shows, ALL were decked out in Green Day everything. Lots of seemingly big fans of there's. Their bus was out back, so they were there. But when it come time for the meet n greet they announced that GD didn't have time to come meet them. ****ing bullshit! They could have easily made 5 minutes to come say hi to their fans, but they were douches. Then when they did their sound check, all the people who won the contest were informed they couldn't take any pics or even have their cameras/phones out. Those guys aren't punk, they're pussys who don't give a **** about their fans or where they came from. They can take their shitty bubble gum fake punk music and **** right the **** off!!
/rant

Easy 6 12-19-2014 05:34 AM

Why does that story not surprise me, never liked those guys at all... they may have sold a lot of records, but first ballot HOFers?

PLEASE.

KISS sold way more records and it took them forever to be let in... Green Day sucks ass.

Omaha 12-19-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11197687)

Holy shit YES! Nothing to do with the HOF discussion, but I agree with this. Chrissie Hynde's recent album is bananas. She is still writing great songs.